SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : What we think the bible says versus What the bible actually says ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

What we think the bible says versus What the bible actually says ?

I have been reading bible commentaries and some Bible teachers and it so interesting to see how so few people actually go through the text verse by verse.
Eisegesis seems to be standard. ]

It is crazy to think that most of the current good bible teacher miss out bible verses they do not like or have there own pet peeve or lead people down on red herrings in the scripture such as topics as the rapture or Calvinism. I am not talking about your average preacher I am talking about things from University lectures to well known preachers.

I have been going through commentaries on Ephesians and then letters from the first century.

It is so sad because sometimes we miss the glory of certain bible texts because there are headings in the bible that do not correspond with the actual text below or people summarize what is in this passage and assume that passage talks about something and have not actually read the text.

With Bible illiteracy at an all time high from Preachers to the Pew. We need a Revival in the Bible and the Holy Spirit

2018/11/10 15:57Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy