SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why Do you call me Lord...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

A head full of doctrine without obedience is worse than never knowing one verse of the Bible. For sure there are many people called christian who do not obey Jesus, hence they do not know Him.

My problem is that I see no scriptural evidence for anyone being born again without first hearing the gospel.

God could have been referring to people He was going to save in Corinth in the future.

2018/11/5 19:46Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Todd wrote:

“This question popped in my mind because my wife and I watched “Gandhi” again the other night (excellent and highly recommended).

“He was officially Hindu I suppose but he knew Christianity and the teachings of Jesus far better than most Christians and more importantly lived like Jesus told us to live.

Of course we can’t know his true heart and motivations but he certainly believed Jesus was real and honored his teachings.”

--------------------------

These are some very important and basic sayings of the Lord Jesus:

The Lord Jesus says,

John 3:5-7 –
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

2 Cor. 5:17 –
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Gal. 6:15 (NIV) –
Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation.

Was Gandhi born again? Was he a new creation in Christ?

The Lord Jesus says,

John 15:4-6 –
“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.”

John 14:20 –
“………I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.”

Was Gandhi in Christ and Christ in Him?

Christ HIMSELF is the Rock.

1 Cor. 10:4 –
and all drank the same spiritual drink, for they were drinking from a spiritual rock which followed them; and the rock was Christ.

Ps. 18:2 –
The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Ps. 18:31 –
For who is God, but the LORD? And who is a rock, except our God,

1 Cor. 3:11 –
For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Was Jesus Christ the one and only foundation in all Gandhi’s life and work?

2018/11/5 20:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Like I said Gandhi was just an example- perhaps a poor example.

2018/11/5 20:23Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Maybe he is a GOOD example of someone who "knew Christianity and the teachings of Jesus far better than most Christians and more importantly lived like Jesus told us to live" but the verdict is: "I never knew you"?

2018/11/5 20:37Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

In my opinion: there are plenty like Gandhi out there, they can articulate various Christian doctrines and shed some understanding about them, but Gandhi like the rest never knew the grace of God in truth col 1. and bring forth fruit unto God. So, he gets to be thought of as 'knowing the teachings of Jesus better-than some inarticulate Christian...but that Christian who maybe cannot read, cannot expound Christian doctrine is infinitely more knowledgeable than Gandhi or any other pagan who rattle off Christian doctrine but are devoid of the Spirit. If he knew anything of Jesus Christ he would have abandoned Hinduism, repudiated his own wisdom and clung to the word of God.

To so many its a sour thing to hold important pagans in low esteem, the world has approved them but God's word explicitly teaches "If you do not believe that I am he, you will die in your sins".
It's bad manners, bad decorum, bad Christianity if you believe Gandhi was a pagan moralizer who did nothing to advance the kingdom of God. The difference between Hitler and Gandhi? Simply the way the enemy uses men, some are sweet to the taste some are bitter to all, both of them are equally poisonous and contrary to the truth.

2018/11/6 11:30Profile
cup

The question is - does a person have Christ's LIFE or not?

1 John 5:12, "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."

A true Christian Has Christ's life within them. I do not see any possibility of a person who does not have Christ living in them pleasing God at all.

2018/11/6 13:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The question is - does a person have Christ's LIFE or not?

In the verse in the OP, Jesus seems pleased with those who do what he says.

2018/11/6 14:06Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

There is no such thing as salvation outside of Jesus Christ.

Jesus taught us to keep the commandments of God.

So, atheists, skeptics, blasphemers, drunkards, adulterers, homosexuals who would never claim Christ as their Lord may in fact

feed the poor, care for the sick, be kind to an enemy, cloth the naked, be kind to strangers, love and provide for their families, be married, have children etc etc etc.

Yet, even though they may have done these good deeds are considered by God enemies of God and God's people.

2018/11/6 16:08Profile
cup

But without faith it is impossible to please him:

TMK wrote Jesus seems pleased with those who do what he says.

REALLY?

Heb 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

2018/11/6 17:50Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: But without faith it is impossible to please him:

No kidding Vern- if someone doesn’t believe in Jesus why would they do what he says?

Check out James 2.

2018/11/6 18:49Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy