SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Pittsburgh victims

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Pittsburgh victims

When their ages were released the events became even more heartbreaking to me. And they were acted against not because of anything they had done but simply because of who they were. Anti-semitism of this type has always had a large degree of non-rational thinking attached to it. It makes no sense in the natural so it must have another origin.

2018/10/30 9:47Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Pittsburgh victims

Demonic attacks against the Jewish people both in the past and recently are most certainly intended in particular as a slap in God’s face. I think that alone explains the long history of anti-semitism.

2018/10/30 11:24Profile
docs

Re:

I agree.

It's ironic that Jewish doctors at the scene or who came to the scene helped the shooter then he was transported to a Jewish hospital that further treated his wounds.

2018/10/30 11:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Interesting.

From what I have read the modern western Jew is not religious at all, if anything anti-religious, e.g., George Soros.

Makes me wonder what it will take to change this. On the other hand, there are the OT prophecies and Revelation yet to be fulfilled.... Have to remember God's plan is a whole lot bigger then mine.

Thanks for sharing this, docs.

Sandra

2018/11/2 13:34Profile
docs

Re:

What will stop the anti-religious bias of the Jews, in regard to Christ at especially, will be the continued preaching of the gospel and becoming prophetically literate at least to some degree. This will enable the Church to be prepared by knowing what to expect and and not surprised or turned aside by the anti-Semitism surely to appear again before the coming of the Lord. More attacks against Jews in the urban centers of the world are likely to occur from this point on. VERY serious times are approaching.

In Deut 4:30 Moses prophesied of distress and tribulation to follow the Jews even into the latter days of their history - "When you are in distress and these things come upon you in the latter days."

Also in Deut 31:29 - "For I know that after my death (Moses) you will become utterly corrupt, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you. And evil will befall you n the latter days, because you will do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands.

Even unto today, trouble, distress and anguish has seemed to seek out the Jewish race in a measure exceeding other peoples of the earth. The wandering Jew and his historical plight of distress and trouble is not without biblical meaning even though many seem to try and make it just historic happenstance. And somewhat elaborate exegetical twisting and wringing has gone on to try and rob the biblical phrase "latter days" of its original context and meaning as far as the Jewish people are concerned.

Just prior to and in close time proximity to the resurrection of the dead (Daniel 12:2), Daniel prophesied of a time of distress and trouble the likes of such "as never has been since there was a nation" (Daniel 12:1). Jesus stated almost verbatim the same words of Daniel as he spoke of a great and final Judeo-centric tribulation for the Jewish nation "such as has never occurred" (Matthew 24:21) and that would engulf the entire earth. This final tribulation will bring the Hebrew nation to the end of its own power and presumptions (Daniel 12:7) and make them willing to come to the table by faith alone just as the rest of us have. "For the Lord will judge His people and have compassion on His servants, when He sees their power is gone" (Deut 32:36).

"For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. Afterward the children of Israel shall seek the Lord their God and David their king. They shall fear the Lord and His goodness in the latter days." (Hosea 3:5)

They have been without king or prince for many days now yet they are still prophetically destined to return to the Lord and His goodness (and the land -Genesis 15:18-19; Amos 9:15) in the latter days. The latter days are the same Moses and Daniel and even Jesus spoke of. It will be to God's glory that He won't leave them dispersed in the nations and without hope or refuge or Savior. History is a hopeless enigma without understanding the Jew and his central place in history's redemptive outworking. Their regathering and grafting in again will resound to the glory of God's mercy and covenant faithfulness. It will be 'life from the dead' that will cause wonder in the nations!

2018/11/2 16:51Profile
docs

Re: Deleted double post.

Sorry bout that.

2018/11/2 16:53Profile
docs

Re: A synagogue in Cleveland

Just got word from a friend who knows the head Rabbi at a synagogue in Cleveland and is friends with the Rabbi and the congregation. The Rabbi related that someone just dropped off a few stuffed animals and teddy bears I guess for some type of charity. A note was attached that said, "You killed Jesus."

2018/11/5 20:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi docs,

Wow -- that is truly terrible! The truth is that many people killed Jesus. The Romans, the Pharisees and the Sadduccees all played a role. Yet, our Lord willingly gave up his life as a ransom for us all -- Jew, gentile, rich, poor, free and slave.

Our Lord was born of Jews. His mother was a Jew. His family was Jewish. His apostles were Jewish. The few who waited at the Cross were Jewish. Most of the initial church leaders were Jews.

True believers feel love for all others. We love fellow believers, our families and even those who might persecute us. Jesus loved -- and even forgave -- those who there when he died.

Sadly, there are people who name the name of Jesus but are harboring a 2,000 year old grudge against the physical descendants of Abraham. It grieves my spirit to think that someone who harbors such feelings of contempt think that they are acting on behalf of the Lord.

It is reflective of a deeply sinful condition. It has no place in the Body of Christ.

2018/11/6 17:51Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It’s a very childish attitude and lacks any depth of thought whatsoever. It is demonic in origin.

2018/11/6 18:51Profile
docs

Re:

I see where within the last day a swastika was painted on a mural at Duke University put up to honor the victims of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. Painted over the Jewish star.

2018/11/19 19:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy