SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : As you are led to pray, please.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: As you feel led, please pray

Thank you, Annie. I do believe God is working out His purposes through these situtations.

Through a very nasty chest infection and inflamed tonsils, the meeting at work has been evaded for this week. But he'll be back on Monday. We now have a formal referral to a neurologist, regarding the motor processing issues; the further investigations won't take place until next year, I believe.

2007/12/14 12:37

Re: As you feel led, please pray

Well, when they finally had that meeting, although their final response was given later in the day, he was sacked.

One of the points made to him at the meeting, is that he had not disclosed his dylexia at the time of employment. But, he knows he disclosed it to the agency who tested him, (because it qualified him for extra time) who introduced him to the firm. I think he assumed (rightly) that they had given their information to the employer. Also, it was clear 'time' was an issue.

We had a family gathering just after New Year, which took us all away from home for a couple of days, but he's been out today signing up with agencies, and is hopeful.

He has a right of appeal against his dismissal, and this will be time limited. I'm not sure how short a time but I feel sure he'll appeal.

To those of you who are praying for his salvation, again, thank you. The Lord is working something through this situation.

2008/1/9 21:02
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi dorcas...

Praying. I had not seen this thread before tonight, so my wife and I will be holding your son in our prayers.

My wife's father went through a difficult time this past year. He is a janitor at his local Wal-Mart Supercenter. He is an older gentleman (about 60 years old), slightly deaf, only speaks Spanish, and a devout Christian. He has worked at the local store for over five years. He was incorrectly given "three strikes" within a six week period by the administration of the local store. Once an employee is given three strikes, they are either fired or into a probationary period.

Worried about a bad mark on his resume, my father-in-law resigned. After much prayer, we decided to appeal all three of the "strikes." I asked him to write a notarized affidavit concerning these issues. I then wrote a lengthy letter and mailed it (along with the affidavit) to Wal-Mart headquarters in Arkansas. Not only did they remove those strikes, they offered him a position with a nice raise! God can do ANYTHING!

Be encouraged! We will be praying!

:-)

2008/1/9 21:28Profile

Re: As you are led, please pray...

Chris, I appreciate your prayers and that testimony.

There has be a lot going on for both for my son and myself in the last three months, and I wish to slip in this request for him in another matter, and myself also, as they are connected.

In mid-December, when he was unwell - and still employed - I was taking him to the doctor. On the way, I pulled out of a junction to turn right - a turn I've made many times - completely sure the road was clear, but found myself faced with the windscreen steamed up, of which I had not taken enough notice in bright sunlight on my side of the road - but through which I could not see [u]at all[/u] as I passed into the shadow on the other side (Remember we drive on the left.) I struck a large child with a glancing blow, and his fall was broken by my wing mirror. We were both shaken, as was his mother, but he walked away with a bruised leg, having been seen at the scene by an ambulance crew. [I did a lot of praying and crying that day, that his knee would not have been permanently damaged, and that the Lord would heal whatever was wrong. His bruised did not spread, and it resolved quite quickly, I heard from his mother.]

A police van had stopped behind me when I'd pulled over, and they had called help - which really seemed like the Lord's provision at the time. Later, I gave a full statement after the doctor's appointment. However, my son although a witness, was not asked for a statement. And, until today, I didn't know what he had seen. I won't share that information publicly.

See EDIT in my next post: (To explain the pedestrian lights system... they flash both going towards green and towards red; cars take precedence if the walkway is empty; pedestrians are advised not to start crossing duing the flashing phase, unless vehicles are already stopped.)

The police seemed to be keeping in touch with me every three weeks or so, until their file had come back from the prosecutor's office asking for a statement from the victim. I heard no more, and assumed they were still waiting for a final decision - which can take up to six months. I thought I knew what was happening - that they would call me if a case was being made of it, so I didn't call them when a longer silence ensued.

This morning, I opened an envelope addressed to someone with a name like mine, but wrongly spelled. I had assumed it was a questionaire from some marketing company - certainly nothing important. But .... it was the Summons. Thus, I have missed important deadlines, and have not yet sought legal advice. The case was to be heard on Friday 29th. (If this is changed, I will post again.)

Apart from my name incorrectly spelled, other technical details may prove significant to the final outcome. Basically, I need a stay, to get enough information to decide how to plead - [i]if[/i] this still goes to Court. I'm not sure how far the police can go back and retrace their steps. Tomorrow, I need to be making phonecalls early, as there is work to be done.

Primarily I'm asking for prayer for wisdom and grace to bring glory to God. I'm not sure that in this case, I am required to plead guilty to an offence I may not have committed, notwithstanding I did collide with a pedestrian.

I know this may sound crazy, but this is all good experience, and I know the Lord allowed it to happen for a purpose. I could care about many other things - like a crimial record, a large fine, time in jail or community service - but I want to do and be only what is honouring to the Lord in this situation, while there is still a legal process which seeks to be fair. I am not trying to get away with a crime if I've committed one, but I will receive however this falls, from the Lord, and I [i]am[/i] thankful.

I appreciate you all for reading, listening, praying. Perhaps later in the week, if there's something to report, I will update here.

Tomorrow, and Friday - and possibly in between although not already arranged, my son has interviews with two different companies, and opportunities to sign in with agencies already advertising suitable work.

Your prayerful support of his general success is received with gratitude.

2008/2/24 15:22
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Dorcas...

My wife and I will certainly be praying about this situation throughout the day and week. Please keep us updated.

My dad experienced a similar situation some time ago. He was getting ready to pull out from a restaurant's "drive through" when a man hit him with a bicycle. This man was driving his bicycle on the sidewalk and rammed into our passenger side of the vehicle. My dad jumped out of the vehicle and made certain that the man was okay. He was fine. My dad called the police anyway. My dad was NOT ticketed because the man hit my dad, and it is against the law to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk.

My dad's truck was slightly dented and scratched, but he was more worried about the man. My dad didn't want to press the issue at all. Unfortunately, this man saw this as an opportunity for some quick cash. He found a lawyer and sued my dad. My dad's insurance company didn't think that there was a case because my dad was not really in the wrong.

However, my dad has a mild form of glaucoma, and his peripheral vision is limited. As an honorable and honest man, my dad would certainly admit this in court. Against the wishes of his insurance company, my dad agreed to a small settlement (of about $25K). I really didn't want for my dad to settle this matter in such a way, but he felt partially at fault. If his vision was better, he reasoned that he could have seen the man riding down the sidewalk.

Anyway, my dad is an extremely honorable man. He wouldn't lie -- even if it was to protect our family financially. This is a great testimony to our family and friends. It was also a good testimony to the man on the bicycle. In fact, my dad even invited the man over for dinner one night.

I will be praying for this situation. May the Lord give you the favor that you need and allow your relationship with Jesus to shine even in this difficult situation. The Lord bless you and encourage you!

:-)

2008/2/24 16:19Profile
psalm1

Re:

Lord,protect my sister and overshadow her with fresh anointing and strength.
Position your angels around her and bless all that her hand finds to do.

Shield her from attack and wicked forces.

May she have favor with God and man. May she laugh at the devil and threats and intimidation of man.

Impart to her faith,strength,and courage.

I rebuke any condemnation or fear that would frustrate her faith and her walk.

I speak freedom and joy and courage over her.

Lord, mark her son for your kingdom. Bring him in to you as you did for me. Give him opportunity and bring circumstances in his life. Let laborers cross his path,Holy Ghost men and women to witness to him and bring conviction.

Lord hear our cry for this young man and especially this praying mother.

David

2008/2/24 20:59Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:

May she have favor with God and man. May she laugh at the devil and threats and intimidation of man.

Lord, mark her son for your kingdom. Bring him in to you as you did for me. Give him opportunity and bring circumstances in his life. Let laborers cross his path,Holy Ghost men and women to witness to him and bring conviction.

David

AMEN,

Father in Your Son name Jesus Christ whom you glory, we ask for your mercy and grace, Lord your intervention required and any false witness will not be heard nor be spoken out, only the truth will stand with your mercy and grace. Your peace and comfort will emcompass her, from east to west, north to south strom may my sister in christ stand still in all knowing You are in the center of it. Your love oh Lord flow through her.
Oh Father in Jesus name i pray.

-claudette

2008/2/24 23:17Profile

Re: As you are led, please pray

Thanks to Chris, David and Claudette for your comforting words and to all others who are also praying.

Relating to my last post above, I've learned today that I was wrong about the lights flashing for vehicular traffic between green and red. They flash only between red and green - which gives pedestrians longer to complete crossing, but if there are no pedestrians using the crossing, permits traffic flow to recommence.

Also this morning I've spoken to all the departments I needed to contact, and will seek legal advice through my motor insurer.

I have to write to the Crown Prosecution Service formally to ask for the case to be delayed, but it is possible the police will withdraw it, because their own documentation is now in my hands, and there is nothing they can do to get it back. It is technically incorrect on several counts including not having taken a statement from my passenger - which in itself might have altered their expectation of a Guilty plea.

The police are consulting amongst themselves with the intention of calling me later today. I don't know what their options are, but an accurate statement from them would be my first request, along with a witness statement on my side, before they decide whether to proceed.

2008/2/25 7:00

Re: As you are led, please pray

The police have got back to me that they wish to proceed. Apparently, the error with the spelling of my name can be corrected in Court on the day.

:-o

One of the other documentary difficulties is that the police statement has been signed without a witness - which is a credit to them inasmuch as the person who signed it was not in attendance for the first ten minutes or so.

Legal advice is proving less easy to access, but I do have time.

I need wisdom as to whether to ask formally for a delay to the case being heard, and if so, on what grounds, and, how to prepare either way.

2008/2/25 9:02

Re:

Quote:

nowhr2hide wrote:
Quote:

psalm1 wrote:

David

AMEN,

Father in Your Son name Jesus Christ whom you glory, we ask for your mercy and grace, Lord your intervention required and any false witness will not be heard nor be spoken out, only the truth will stand with your mercy and grace. Your peace and comfort will emcompass her, from east to west, north to south strom may my sister in christ stand still in all knowing You are in the center of it. Your love oh Lord flow through her.
Oh Father in Jesus name i pray.

-claudette

Amen, and I pray that your son comes into a right relationship with God as well. I haven't kept up with all that has gone on so I am praying that all is well soon if it is not.

2008/2/25 9:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy