Here is "The Persecution Scale" from Voice Of The Martyrs:

1. Ridicule (2 Chronicles 36:16)

2. Harassment (2 Corinthians 7:5)

3. Discrimination (John 15:18-21)

4. Attacks (Acts 16:22)

5. Imprisonment (Revelation 2:10)

6. Torture (Matthew 10:17)

7. Martyrdom (John 16:1-4)

I would like everyone to please remember that there are different levels of persecution. Persecution is not limited to imprisonment, beatings and martyrdom. Remember what Paul said to Timothy "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution." (2 Timothy 3:12) I don't see any exception there.

I encourage everyone here to do 2 things: 1. Remember our persecuted brothers and sisters in countries where imprisonment and torture are happening to christians and,
2. Don't downplay the persecution christians in countries like America and Canada endure.

2018/10/21 20:49Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: The Persecution Scale

Amen, this thought has always challenged me: Am I living my Christian life in such a way so as to bring upon myself the frowns of the world and some type of persecution? Or am I living in so much comfort and fear that I never or hardly ever experience any type of persecution because I don't follow hard after Christ and because I don't share my faith boldly with unbelievers?

I know that when we are bold witnesses for Christ it is inevitable that we will be frowned upon by the world.

That being said, I also know we must be careful not to unnecessarily bring upon ourselves persecution on account of being immature. This passage comes to mind in reference to that:

"And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? 14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 16 having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. 17 For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil."-1 Peter 3:13-17

2018/10/22 0:14Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy