SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : I am thirsty. How does one drink?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

I am thirsty. How does one drink?

Therefore with joy you shall draw water from the wells of salvation. (Isaiah 12:3)

Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:13)

On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37-39)

I'm spiritually thirsty. As a believer goes about their daily life how do they drink each day? How is it done?

2018/10/19 11:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: I am thirsty. How does one drink?

Why is the Dead Sea dead?

2018/10/19 13:56Profile
docs

Re:

I'vec got a little idea what you may mean. Pls feel free to elaborate.

2018/10/19 14:04Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Well my geology and hydrology likely isn’t 100% accurate but my understanding is that the Dead Sea is dead because there’s no outflow.

I think there may be some correlation to your question. People who are truly thirsty will find a way to drink. If you are not thirsty you don’t want to drink. If living water is flowing out of us, it needs to be replaced by fresh supply, spiritually speaking.

It seems to me if I look back on some dry times in my life it is because I wasn’t desperate for a drink. And often that is because my outflow was stopped up due to laziness, hardheartedness, apathy, or some other thing.

But one might say “that is because you weren’t drinking.” But in reality I wasnt very thirsty and I did not want to obey. That’s why Oswald Chambers says that when you are in the doldrums spiritually, you must pull yourself up by your bootstraps and obey. The moment we do this, God fills us.

2018/10/19 15:12Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

From an earlier post by Greg from KP Yohanan

"Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one’s heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend.

Tell Him your troubles, that He may comfort you;
Tell Him your joys, that He may sober them;
Tell Him your longings, that He may purify them;
Tell Him your dislikes, that He may help you to conquer them;
Talk to Him of your temptations, that He may shield you from them;
Show Him the wounds of your heart, that He may heal them;
Lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability.
Tell Him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others."

That may be a good place to start.

Confession ( telling ) of sin but also of His great Name and what He means to you.
Asking: Fill me anew Lord as I surrender all to You
Yielding: Lord, I come to do a Your will. Not mine but Thine be done
Be being filled,speaking: Psalm,hymns and spiritual songs

2018/10/19 16:03Profile
Elibeth

Bro David,
I am thinking about what you said,..
Re: “I'm spiritually thirsty. As a believer goes about their daily life how do they drink each day? How is it done?”

I would say, by hungering and thirsting after God,.. (The Word),... and as we read and are taught by Him,.. seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness,.. (‘what would Thou have for me to do, Lord’... The King?)
We all need that to , as I took it Todd referred to, ... we need to refresh always replenish,.. filled, ... no gaps to get turned aside... side tracked.
And , believe me there is plenty distractions to do just that.

*SALT,
The first Church, ... original entention of God, did they have ‘Salt’
People were added to the church daily in large supply.
Why?

Because these people had Salt,.. they had not lost their Saltiness.

Salt make one thirsty,... not only thirst, but to preserve.. but where is the Salt in us Christians to make others thirsty?
We might can make one into a ‘like unto ourselves’,... but,....??

Mt.5:13,
“ Ye are the ‘salt’ of the earth: but if the ‘salt’ have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.”

.... so have we lost our Salt?

But what is this salt ?
Strong's Definitions: †ἅλας hálas, hal'-as; from G251; salt; figuratively, prudence:—salt.

But what is ‘prudence’ ?
Strong's Definitions: φρόνησις phrónēsis, fron'-ay-sis; from G526; mental action or activity, i.e. intellectual or moral insight:—prudence, wisdom.

We know that Salt has been used of old, to preserve meat,.. , putrefaction
I may not have answered your question, David,.. just added to the conversation.

————-♥️
elizabeth

2018/10/20 11:47Profile
Elibeth

As I am rethinking ,....

Re: David,you said and ask a question: ( of course it is something we all are into,with life being so daily busy)
Re:
“I'm spiritually thirsty. As a believer goes about their daily life how do they drink each day? How is it done?”

I would say there has to be an underlying hunger and thirst, at all times,as much as we are capable of,.. on the inside it must hold The utmost promenance,.... a realization that we really are not our own.,... that we really belong to the One who bought us w/ His own Blood..

Is this that we thirst for,... is it The Water that He shall give us, that shall be in us, ....?

Jn.4:14,
“But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”

Question:
Would this be His Spirit ?

We know that The Holy Spirit , is The Word / Spirit of God,.. that is within us,..

This Word comes from deep within upon our tongue,.. it teaches us,.. guides us into / unto Life, for us as well as Life for others that will hear....

So it seems that we would need to seek more of His Spirit,..because we thirst,...

And, what a blessing that you are seeking after,.. this is something
for us all !! And needful for us all.

Mt.5:6,
“Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”

And this is how, I believe by this hunger and thirsting is how we draw water out of The well of salvation

Isa.12:3,
“Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.“

Actually, I believe it is the ‘Grace’ of God, The Spirit of Grace, that put that hunger / thirst in our hearts.

Thank you David, this has been a real blessing,

Bless you,
——————-♥️
elizabeth

2018/10/20 19:28Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy