SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Things women weren't allowed to do...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Sandra: going on 40 years married, and yes the blame still goes on...just the other day I said in the presence of my wife...Lord, the woman thou gavest me, she did make me fat, she did distract me while I was driving, she...

I love being married as well. Of course her unsanctified self punched me on the shoulder and I said Lord, the woman thou gavest me she did...

2018/10/3 11:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The go-to I use in my house is “Oh Lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood.” After all, I’m just a soul whose intentions are good.

2018/10/3 14:32Profile
savannah

Re: FYI - FMF

Feminism n. the policy, practice or advocacy of political, economic, and social equality for women.

The name Feminist Majority Foundation is a consciousness-raiser, inspired by a Newsweek/Gallup public opinion poll that showed the majority of women (56%) in the United States self-identified as feminists. Most polls since then reveal that this majority continues with over two-thirds of young women self-identifying as feminists. Most men, especially young men, view themselves as supporters of the women's rights movement.

The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF), which was founded in 1987, is a cutting edge organization dedicated to women's equality, reproductive health, and non-violence. In all spheres, FMF utilizes research and action to empower women economically, socially, and politically. Our organization believes that feminists - both women and men, girls and boys - are the majority, but this majority must be empowered.

Led by FMF President Eleanor Smeal, our research and action programs focus on advancing the legal, social and political equality of women with men, countering the backlash to women's advancement, and recruiting and training young feminists to encourage future leadership for the feminist movement in the United States.

To carry out these aims, FMF engages in research and public policy development, public education programs, grassroots organizing projects, leadership training and development programs, and participates in and organizes forums on issues of women's equality and empowerment. Our sister organization, the Feminist Majority, engages in lobbying and other direct political action, pursuing equality between women and men through legislative avenues. (from the Feminist Majority Foundation website)

According to FMF 56% of women in the US self identify as feminists.

But other polls tell us that 80% of the people who live in the United States are christians.

And we're also told that 58% of the votes for the President of the United States last election went to Hillary Clinton.

Hmmmmmmmmm...🤔

2018/10/3 19:06Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"Satan cares little whether we go astray after a false doctrine or merely turn sour. Either way he wins." -A. W. Tozer

2018/10/4 7:44Profile
TakeUptheCross

Germany

Re: savannah

Savannah,

you mean "were not allowed to do", means "are not supposed to / should not do". I've already written what I think on the issue.

But could you please share - "What were the women allowed to do?" And what are women supposed to do?

I would appreciate also if Sandra, and Marvin share their experience.

Yesterday I spoke with a friend and we discussed that even if a woman is staying home, taking care of her children, time comes when the children are not so small and do not need constant supervision or they build their own home... My friend and I agreed that, even as mom, who stays at home for her children, what you do should not be limited only to your house, or your local church. But one should rather actually be a blessing for others too.

So I am curious to know, what did women / mothers, especially Christian women / mothers do in the past?

What do you think?

2018/10/4 9:31Profile
jochbaptist

& things men weren't allowed to do... ?

Long time ago I helped friends of my parents move to a smaller home. As a reward I had first choice on all items they did not need anymore.

Among the items I took were some books. In one I discovered a letter the wife wrote to her husband. In it she desperately pleads that he must become less selfish, love her sometimes & be aware of how imprisoned she was, having no income, or means to leave him.

It was wrong of me to read that letter. But I am thankful for the glimpse I got into a household that seemed so together to many on the outside. It was representative of so many (unbelieving) households where the Men were firmly in control, and women were suffering. Or vise versa.

Now, a few decades later, some daughters were able to liberate themselves from dependency on males. In fact, they are sometimes "in control" now. And from what I can see, they are not less abusive than the men from the previous dispensation. It's a sin nature thing, producing the continuous cycle of CONTEMPT (the response from the women) AND WRATH (in response by the men).

Esther 1:16
And Memucan answered before the king and the princes: “Queen Vashti has not only wronged the king, but also all the princes, and all the people who are in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus. 17 For the queen’s behavior will become known to all women, so that they will despise their husbands in their eyes, when they report, ‘King Ahasuerus commanded Queen Vashti to be brought in before him, but she did not come.’ 18 This very day the noble ladies of Persia and Media will say to all the king’s officials that they have heard of the behavior of the queen. Thus THERE WILL BE EXCESSIVE CONTEMPT AND WRATH.

2018/10/4 10:39Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: & things men weren't allowed to do... ?

I am not a woman, so thinking, acting, responding, feeling, trusting like a woman is as foreign to me as Palm trees in Alaska.
So as a man I say...
Women should seek the kingdom of God first, whether you be a business woman or a mother of 3. God is first, not your children or your husband, God's kingdom is first, not your home, job or the education of your children.

Mothers should be able to get out of the house and serve other women, neighbors or a variety of peoples in with gospel centered goals. Business women should put down their computers and switch off the schedule and calendars and attend to gospel centered goals, making their lives available to Jesus Christ.

As I see it, weakened Christianity suffers from misplaced priorities. Seeking the kingdom of God first is explicit in scripture and is also explicitly absent in Christian families. Wives and mothers spend their days consumed with the affairs of this world and think little to nothing of God's kingdom, the lost, the gospel or how to evangelize their neighbors.
If a woman decides to venture out of the boiling crab pot, the other crabs will try and drag her back into the pot. "don't you know our children will not be cared for as the ought?" Did you know it's dangerous going to that place as a woman, you have children you know"? "Yea, go down and protest at the abortion clinic, once the board finds out about your 'after-work' activities your days on the board are numbered". "You have a career to care for too you know".

It is very true some women are cruelly abused by useless scoundrels they married. It is equally true, that many women who could do good will not do it, they could venture out and be a godly witness and they do not.

As to husbands? Everything I said here pertains equally to men as well, the difference being, the woman focuses on the world from her needs, the man focuses on the world for his needs, both of them have missed the calling and purpose of God in their lives.

Feminism only exasperates the difficulties in marriage, in Christianity there is no more place for feminism in a woman than their is adultery in a man. Both sins can equally devastate a marriage/children and set their paths upon years of heartache and loss.

2018/10/4 12:09Profile
passerby

Re:

I guess not only some but majority of women, were then abused and are now being abused or demeaned.

And now we can not totally blame them for the chaos that we have largely contributed in the provocation by the skewed application of the bible.

2018/10/4 16:28Profile
passerby

Re:

Women are also flesh and blood that needs to survive the cares of life. They get tired physically, mentally, and spiritually._And in today's world they need money and security of their being and other things that men need.

Yes, feminism is a tool of the devil, but what alternative can we offer aside from nagging, domineering, and blaming.

2018/10/4 18:08Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"When I hear that the church of Christ has gone throughout the whole world carrying the torch of civilization, healing and giving hope and help, I conclude that the christian church must be of God because she is acting the way God would act.

When I hear that she has founded hospitals and insane asylums, I say surely she must be of God because this is what God would do, being what He is.

When I hear that she has emancipated woman and taken her from being a chattel slave and an object of some old king's lust to be the equal of man and the queen in his home, I say surely that must be of God."

-A. W. Tozer

Can I get an amen?

2018/10/4 20:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy