Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Kavanaugh Hearings - Michael Brown

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Kavanaugh Hearings - Michael Brown

To date, not a single alleged witness provided by Prof. Christine Blasey Ford has corroborated her charges. And until Sunday night, not another woman came forward with any charge of any kind against Judge Kavanaugh. Now, however, another woman has emerged, also claiming improper behavior from Kavanaugh when he was in college. How do we sort this out?

The entire public testimony of Kavanaugh's professional life has been virtually without blemish. That's why pundits like Dennis Prager urge us not even to consider whether Kavanaugh misbehaved while in high-school 36 years ago. In Prager's view, even if Kavanaugh was guilty, that's not who he has been for decades, and we should appreciate the man he is and has been for so many years.

David French also reminded us that, in contrast with prominent men like Bill Clinton or Donald Trump, there is not a long line of women echoing the charges of abuse or impropriety. Because of this, he suggested, Kavanaugh has more of a presumption of innocence.

Then there is the seriousness of bringing a false accusation, something that could destroy someone's career, family or even life. Do we take that lightly? How can we?

Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.

An article on National Review notes that thousands of men have been falsely accused of sexual misconduct and crimes. Many have even spent years in prison although innocent. (The article, by Michelle Malkin, was titled, "Don't 'Believe Women.' Believe Evidence.")

For example, Brian Franklin, spent 21 years of a life sentence in prison after he was convicted in 1995 of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl who had committed perjury on the stand and later won a reversal of his conviction in 2016.

Joshua Horner, serving a 50-year sentence for sexual abuse of a young girl, was exonerated. There had been no DNA, no corroborating witnesses and no other forensic evidence. Just the word of his accuser.

Victor Burnette cared for his grandmother and was getting ready to start his career. In 1979 a woman identified him as the man who raped her. He was convicted and spent three decades fighting to clear his name before DNA testing cleared him in 2009.

Tragically, just as thousands of rapes are not reported every year, and just as countless cases of sexual abuse are not ruled in favor of the female victim, there are countless cases of false accusations against men.

That's why Michelle Malkin gives these simple guidelines.

The role of the press should be verification, not validation.
Rape is a devastating crime. So is lying about it.
It's not victim-blaming to get to the bottom of the truth. It's liar-shaming.
Don't believe a gender. Believe evidence.
How, then, do we sort things out? Those who've read my previous, relevant articles know that I've done my best to remain impartial, although I've been skeptical of Ford's charges. (See here and here.)

Now that another accuser has come forward, there should be a clear path forward.

What does the evidence say? What do other eyewitnesses say?

2018/9/25 6:07Profile
appolus

Re: The Kavanaugh Hearings - Michael Brown

So as I watch yet another debacle unfold in the realms of politics but also the continuing fall of Rome, only this time it is the fall of the West, I am reminded of the madness of a bygone age. In the dark ages of Britain, if one were accused of being a witch, two events would then unfold. You would be taken to the river and thrown in. If you did not drown this was considered to be an absolute sign of your guilt whereby you were then taken and burned at the stake. Think about that for moment. The moment the accusation was made, there was no possibility of you proving your innocence, for how can one prove they are not a witch?

There was only, will you drown or will you burn. How could a man prove he did not do something 35 years ago? There is no evidence that could be mustered, there is to time, no date, no physical evidence at all. All there is is the accusation. Now that we live in days of madness that is all you need. Where will all the hysteria end? Will the lunatics take over the asylum? They already have. The statesmen are long gone, a very definite sign of judgment. I told the story the other day of the man in Britain accused of multiply raping a woman. He was then remanded to a woman's prison because he self identified as a woman. There he raped several more women. The same hysterical lunatics that we see today on our tvs are the very people who would send a rapist to a woman's prison.

Jezebel walks among us screaming " I will murder your babies." She taunts them who still have their minds by pointing to the ever growing mass of hysterical lunatics and telling them " they are coming for you next." And they are. Dark are the days brothers and sisters. Hell and all its depths are loosed. Those not standing upon the firm foundation of God will simply be swept away by a hurricane of madness and lunacy. And the thing is, these are just the outer bands of a storm that will engulf the whole world. Is their oil in your vessel? The Holy Spirit is calling to His people to lift up their eyes. See, that although the gross darkness is almost upon us, right behind it comes the Lord Himself hence the reason for the monumental battle that is unfolding. This is the enemies last stand and he is not going down without a fight. Yet greater is He that is in us than he that is in the midst of the crazed masses. .....bro Frank

2018/9/25 9:46Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy