SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What does it mean to live in the Spirit?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
cup

What does it mean to live in the Spirit?

To live in the Spirit and to walk in the Spirit is to treat Jesus as if He is continually living and abiding within you because He is. The very LIVING Christ is NOW within you. That's all it is!

WHEREVER WE ARE, CHRIST IS!

This is not a doctrine, a concept or a teaching. IT IS HIS LIFE inside you NOW!!

His life within you is your PRESENT reality!!!

Enjoy HIM!!

2018/9/24 8:32Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: What does it mean to live in the Spirit?

SCRIPTURE

John 14:16-17,20 –
I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you……In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.

1 John 5:11-12 –
And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

Rom. 8:9,11 –
……But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him……But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Comment:

It is through the indwelling Holy Spirit that we know the reality of “you in Me, and I in you” (John 14:16-17, 20).

When Christ is in us, His life that is eternal life is in us (1 John 5:11-12).

It is the Holy Spirit dwelling in us who makes Christ’s life real in us (Rom. 8:9,11).

Therefore, I agree with Vern. To be filled with the Spirit and continually living and walking in the Spirit is to have Christ’s life of righteousness, peace and joy every moment in us to live in and enjoy.

2018/9/25 1:30Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: What does it mean to live in the Spirit?

Erased - Duplicate post.

2018/9/25 1:35Profile

Re:

Hello Jade and Vern,

May the Holy Spirit of the Living Jesus truly be filling you, daily, with the fulness of Christ - in consciously realized power to empower and enlighten. Grace to you both, as well as any and all who know and worship God in Spirit and truth, never putting any confidence in their own understanding or human strength.

It is only as we truly humble ourselves, as obedient disciples of Jesus, we may continue to be filled within, by His Spirit, keeping the life giving water and nutrients flowing from the Vine into our branches, which results in bearing spiritual fruits. I'd be blessed to hear, in more details, the way God has worked in you, as you walk by His Spirit. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit, back in 1999, first beginning to learn His ways on His yolk. It's been an intensely hard, narrow journey, as Jesus promised, picking up my cross and dying to self. However, the life He has imparted and maintained makes the process more than worthwhile - hallelujah!

The main thing I have learned is to continually wait upon the Lord, quieting my soul, allowing Him to clearly communicate His reassurance, all the while empowering and guiding me. As rivers of living water flow from deep within, I set my mind on the Spirit, awaiting His commands and obeying anything I know He's telling me to do. His inexpressible love, joy and peace abound - as long as I'm attentive and obedient. Early times of sharp, painful discipline have given way, in recent years, to a steady, fruitful walk (see Hebrews 12). The once formidable, antagonizing fight of both flesh and Satan have become much less threatening, as His Spirit overcomes fleshly desires and teaches me to properly wear my spiritual armor and fight the devil using holy weapons. All praise be to my Savior and victorious King!

The Spirit has taught me to stay attentive to the mind of Christ, not letting other voices drown His out. I find few people, frankly, willing to simply abide, listen, draw upon His strength and do only that which He calls one to do. There is so much noise generated by running ahead of His commands and guidance, trying to "accomplish" things people presume God calls them to do. Yet, if we do trust Him, knowing only His perfect will and ways matter, we need not worry about the fleshly opinions of those who will not submit to Him and walk by His Spirit alone. We may be surprised and, if we are honest, even somewhat perplexed, as God trains us to be His obedient servants, by the tests He puts us through, wanting to purify our motives and simplify our approach to walking with Him.

Grace, mercy, the peace of Christ and the fellowship of His Spirit be with you! I pray we may be able to spur one another onward, discovering ways our Head will keep us members of His true body healthfully connected to Himself, able to grow and bless one another. (Colossians 2:19 NASB)

Kurt

2018/9/26 10:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy