SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : False Prophets Printing America Is Too Young To Die!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Just waiting for an answer...I do not want to sound angry my friend...just concerned.
Burning,
Jeff

2005/7/5 12:49Profile
Des

Washington State

Matthew 24:24

For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 24:24, ESV

2005/7/7 2:38Profile
madmatg

asia

Re: Matthew 24:24

Hey Des, I do not know how wel this complies with what we are talking about here but it seems as though the apostle Paul had no problem dealing with the wicked. I think, i'm stupid and overlook things sometimes so i may be wrong. but in 1 Cor 8
But concerning the sacrifices to idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. But if anyone thinks to know anything, he still has known nothing as he ought to know. But if anyone loves God, he has been known by Him. Then concerning the eating of things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one. For even if some are called gods, either in the heavens or on the earth; (even as there are many gods, and many lords); but to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him. But the knowledge is not in all; but some being aware of the idol eat as an idolatrous sacrifice until now; and their conscience being weak is defiled. But food will not commend us to God. For neither if we eat do we excel, nor if we do not eat are we lacking. But be careful lest this authority of yours become a cause of stumbling to the weak ones. For if anyone sees you, the one having knowledge, [b]sitting in an idol-temple, will not the weak one's conscience be lifted up so as to eat things sacrificed to idols? And on your knowledge the weak brother will fall, he for whom Christ died[/b]. And sinning in this way against your brothers, and wounding their conscience, being weak, you sin against Christ. On account of this, if food offends my brother, I will not at all eat flesh forever, so that I do not offend my brother.
(1Co 8:1-13 LITV)
And so I could see that maybe these record labels being called antichrists and false prophets, but it seems that these temples would be places of antichrists and false prophets and it seems he has no problem with them identifying with tehm except thtat it cause the weak to sin. And so it sounds like the artists associating with the antichrist may not be antichrists but maybe misguided brothers at worst.

tryin to figure this one out,
Matt

EDIT (wow sorry about my apparent lack of spelling ability, but I'm gonna leave it so I can look and stay humble :) )

2005/7/7 3:33Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re: Matthew 24:24

I expected quite as much - the Lord help you brother.
Burning,
Jeff

2005/7/7 12:45Profile
andrelefevre

Re: False Prophets Printing America Is Too Young To Die!

Greetings,

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to bring some fresh information and clarity to this.

The book "America is too young to die" has run out of print and copyright years ago. For a while it was public domain until Leonard Ravenhill's sons took back the copyrights a little while ago. Their goal is to reprint their father's books that have run out and are freed by publishing houses. From all account, even these publishing houses haven't been faithfully paying Leonard's his dues, which he was using to support his sons in mission fields.

Some people have reprinted Leonard's books in the meantime - without permission or without contacting the Ravenhill's family. So you will find a few of Leonard's books on Amazon.com who are not published by the family. I even found one signed by a different person, a minister. The seller presents it as "autographed by the author." The signature isn't Leonard Ravenhill's.

And as making accusations regarding David's journey in ministry, it is shameful and without foundation. Read his material and listen to his sermons online. They speak for themselves.

Hope this helps,

Blessings,

Andre Lefebvre

2012/5/22 14:46Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "I will pray for you. You are truly what you say you are afflicted. May the Lord open your eyes from the bitterness that has darkened your soul. I am not concerned about your words I am concerned for your soul. I have been where you are and can say without fear..."==SABJB

Bitterness? Why is it "bitter" to call a spade a spade?
I think you are being very unfair to him, and judgmental.
If you call him "bitter" i wonder what you would call the Old Testament prophets! By your standard we would even have to label Leonard Ravenhill "bitter".

2012/5/22 17:27Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

Keep in mind that this thread is almost 7yrs old. I don't think the original posters on this topic even comment in the forum any more.

2012/5/22 17:35Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy