SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Power of Godly Music and Praise by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jeremy I have to confess I am having some trouble understanding your point.

“Heart of Worship” is a fine worship song. If you think because of the line “I’m sorry Lord for the things I’ve made it” mean you can’t sing the song sincerely more than once, then I would simply disagree. There are many daily concerns and worries that deflect our attention from the Lord and we can get lazy in our worship. The song is simply a reminder of what worship should really be about. It’s a song of repentance, in a sense. I think you’re reading way yonder too much into it.

2018/9/25 11:31Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

As to your question regarding the song leader’s “instruction” at the end of “Lord we lift your name on high” he says “Let’s do that- let’s lift up His name.” Once again you are overthinking this to the ultimate max. Just because he said this at the end of the song does not mean they were not also doing it during the song- at least those singing with sincere hearts. To me the worship leader saying that is simply stressing the point and reminding folks that this is what they are really doing.

There may be a lot wrong with some worship music today but nothing you have brought up is concerning to me.

2018/9/25 11:42Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

Since truth doesn't matter to you in worshipping God through song, what do you think of this song by Don Moen?

I Offer My Life
Don Moen
Lord, I offer my life to You
Everything I've been through
Use it for Your glory
Lord I offer my days to You
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer You my life
Things in the past
Things in the past
Things yet unseen
Wishes and dreams that are yet to come true
All of my hopes
And all of my plans
My heart and my hands are lifted to You
Lord, I offer my life to You
Use it for Your glory
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer You my life
And Lord, I offer my life to You
Use it for Your glory
Lifting my praise to You
As a pleasing sacrifice
Lord I offer You my life
Lord I offer You my life

2018/10/11 23:56Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Since truth doesn't matter to you in worshipping God//

Absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Great lyrics by Don Moen. A lot of the Psalms have similar sentiments.

I assume you disagree—- instead of being cryptic in your comments why not plainly explain the reasons for your disagreement?

2018/10/12 7:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I wanted to add that it seems you cannot accept Moen’s lyrics because people sing the song who don’t follow through and do exactly what the song says.

A Christian is someone who has genuinely embraced the King and the life that logically follows from having such a King. None obeys completely, but we are commanded to do so, and true disciples have every intention of doing so. Failure to obey completely is a breach of the King's law, but it is not, in itself, damning. To inadvertently violate the speed limit is not to renounce your citizenship. Likewise, a child is not disowned by his parents because he forgets to do a particular assigned chore. There is grace in this Kingdom for those whose disobedience springs from weakness, ignorance or temporary insanity (James 3:2), and not from rebellion (Matt.26:41).

Worship songs like Moen’s spur us on toward something greater. Sometimes tears fall when singing songs like this because we realize how short we fall of our desired goal. That is the purpose of songs like this- to remind us of where our hearts should be. There are hundreds of hymns and worship songs like this and thank goodness for them. Think of the classic hymn “I Surrender All.” Should only those persons who have truly and fully surrendered all sing that song? If so, an exceedingly small few would be truthfully singing it. But the song is not intended merely as a declaration of something that has been done, but also as an encouragement to take action.

2018/10/12 10:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy