Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Ezekiel 23

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Ezekiel 23

Ezekiel 23 is probably my least favorite chapter in the Bible.

Thanks for listening.

2018/9/21 7:24Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Ezekiel 23

Why?

2018/9/21 7:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Just being honest.

I know the religiously correct thing to say would be that I like all chapters and verses equally but every time I read Ez. 23 I feel a little queasy afterwards.

2018/9/21 8:37Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Todd: This chapter has always stood out to me as a picture of horror. There is nothing about this chapter that would stir up joy.

One of the texts that stands out to me as a paradox to the insane ungodliness at the time is this verse.

38 Moreover they have done this to Me: They have defiled My sanctuary in the same day and have profaned My Sabbaths. 39 For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into My sanctuary to profane it. And thus they have done in the midst of My house.

my guts churn when I read that...

same as

Jer 7:9 Shall you steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know, 10 and come and stand before Me in this house, which is called by My name, and say, “We are delivered,” so that you may do all these abominations? 11 Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Certainly, even I have seen it, says the Lord.

Jesus said similar to one of his own Churches...

Rev 2:20 “But I have a few things against you: You permit that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat food sacrificed to idols. 21 I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, but she did not repent. 22 Look! I will throw her onto a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will put her children to death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the hearts and minds. I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.

All of it deeply pains my spirit.

2018/9/21 11:30Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy