SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Intriguing people prayed for tonight

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Intriguing people prayed for tonight

We were praying for President Trump tonight and prayed along the way about many things and people. We prayed also for Louis Farrakhan, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and Bill Clinton. Gulp! Not boasting or blowing any trumpets to put attention on us. Just relating what happened. Somebody needs to pray for them I think. If we are offended to do so then what is to be said? We also discussed whether as Christians we have learned to endure in love provocations against our faith and against us personally as Christians.

Things are getting very serious as a divine type of lunacy and delusion has set in over the country.

"If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, in which you trusted, they wearied you, then how will you do in the floodplain of Jordan." (Jeremiah 12:5)

Much spiritual strength and focus and perseverance is going to needed in the days ahead. If the foot soldiers have wearied us what will we do when the horse soldiers arrive?

Inner grace and strength to you all.

2018/9/4 22:34Profile
Jasmine

Re: Intriguing people prayed for tonight

What you described sounds very much like how prayer should be...Spirit led. Also from hearing him say it himself, Jesse Jackson has Parkinson's disease.

2018/9/5 5:45Profile
docs

Re:

I didn't know that about Jackson. All the more reason to pray for him that his eyes be opened to the reality of the kingdom of God and how one must enter.

2018/9/5 8:36Profile
Jasmine

Re:

I really don't know whether or not Jesse Jackson is Born Again. Do you know...do you really? Do you know Jesse Jackson or any of the people you mentioned “personally” including your President? Did the Holy Spirit reveal something to you? If not it's probably not a good idea to make any assumptions. Also putting “digs” in on someone in the name of prayer only reveals your heart. I just know about the Parkinson's because I heard him speak on it himself.

I have a dear friend and brother in Christ who was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease years ago. It was life altering for him but it was also the mercy of God for him to get his house in order if he hadn't done so already. Maybe that's what it's like for others. I don't know. What I do know is when it comes to prayer, that it is important to check your heart for any bigotry, prejudices, biases, etc and repent of them so that you can truly be used by God as a vessel of honor. If not then those prayers are just bouncing off the walls and there seems to be a lot of that going on...

2018/9/5 16:54Profile
docs

Re:

You're just assuming you know what I was thinking in what you term as putting in digs. I've heard Jesse Jackson mocking the Christian idea of salvation and giving honor to the god of Jesus, Muhammad and Buddha. Do you think Louis Farrakhan is saved? Would you rather we not have prayed for President Trump? I don't know what the final destiny of these men will be but their fruits have not been and are not always Christian. What the Holy Spirit revealed was to pray for them. Sorry to be short right now but leaving off your mini lectures about what's in my heart might be good.

2018/9/5 17:04Profile
Jasmine

Re:

You said “All the more reason to pray for him that his eyes be opened to the reality of the Kingdom of God and how one must enter”. I didn't make an assumption, that is what you said. You are saying the man is not Born Again and needs to know Christ aren't you? Out the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, so I am just questioning where you got that from. Is it the Holy Spirit or it just you? If you don't know then how can you speak with certainty? One of the things I've noticed is how there seems to be this tidal wave of GOSSIP that has swept so many Christians away. I truly doubt anybody who claims to be Born Again can have a real prayer life or those with prophetic callings be of any accuracy if they're caught up in gossip. Gossip is such a nasty thing. No saint should ever participate in it or be found in it.

Now I don't know these people or keep up with them. So for the most part I don't have any information on them. I just happened to be watching something when Jesse Jackson spoke about what he was dealing with. However I would like to know when Jesse Jackson mocked the Christian faith as you stated. Is there an article or a YouTube segment that you can share? Also concerning “fruits” I'll just say I've seen A LOT and that God is more faithful than I can ever hope to comprehend...

2018/9/5 18:11Profile
docs

Re:(Last reply edited)

I don't remember where I heard Jackson speaking about salvation. I remember it though. Something along the lines of no black man living in the bush in Africa is going to perish because a white man did not come and share the gospel with him. When Jackson was introduced at a Democratic Party convention he gave tribute to the god of Jesus, Muhammad, and Buddha. I remember that like it was yesterday. He backs abortion on demand and supports gay marriage and even though a "Reverend" had never pastored a church of any kind as far as I know. He seems more of a liberal political activist in my opinion.

2018/9/5 18:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Intriguing people prayed for tonight

God bless you in praying for these men. I would add the Obama family as well. But then I am not sure but what God has given them over to a reprobate mind as detailed in Romans 1. In any case, if the Holy Spirit leads one to intercede for them, one needs to obey.

Sandra

2018/9/7 19:32Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Do we first pray for ourselves?

Or,

Luke 18:11-12 –
'God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’

1 Pet. 4:17 –
For it is time for judgment to begin with the household of God……

2018/9/8 1:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy