Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Broken to restoration

What a heart-breaking testimony!

I would love to see it on Youtube!

I had a similar experience 13 years ago.

Years back in a men’s fellowship I once prayed that I would invite God to deal with me however he likes, even if it means adversity, to get me where he wants me to be so that he can use me for His purposes. Soon after my trouble begun. I accepted a promotion in the company I used to work for at that time. I lasted in that job for half a year facing situation where nearly all my weaknesses surfaced, paired with external political issues that made me fall flat on my face. I left the company with a serverance payment. I took a break for a while and then started my own company trying to set up a business. That did not work out either and I scrapped it after months of trying. Soon after I invented a new product that I developed in a long process with a company in China. It took 2 years to develop this product. In the meantime I took low paid temporary jobs doing customer service, bus driving and call centre jobs to support my family. Finally after a couple of set backs, the product was ready and I placed my first order and shipped it over to the UK with the plan to start an Internet business. I sold not more than 9 units, having exhausted all my marketing efforts and a lump sum of money. I was at my wits end and had grown very disillusioned and extend prayer walks kept me barely from becoming clinically depressed. It took me another 6 months to find a proper job, while in the meantime I again held various temp jobs. Finally I found a job in my original field, however at 60% of the salary I was earning when I left my last permanent job.

In the meantime our church went through a crisis. We were into this Toronto stuff at that time, whith all the hype, falling backwards, high strung women prophesying, marriage break downs, relational issues, and all the rest of it.

I used to somehow participate in this but still held a bit of a distance. During my personal crisis and church crisis I finally came to my senses and saw the spritiual reality of it.

I had a rude awakening when I discovered that I had been deceived by false teaching. I was deceived because I still loved the world and personal gain under my mask of piety and devotion. The Lord exposed my pride. I do not blame the people who deceived me, I only blame myself.

I finally left the chruch in search for green pastures, but there weren't many churches that were not somehow infested with either liberalism, legalism, or controlling leaders.

We went through 5 or 6 churches before we moved to Germany.
Even there I fell out with the pastor because I preached on Psalm 1 and they accused me that I focussed too much on sin and on the fate of the ungodly.

Now I am leading a small fellowship with other godly leaders who have a high view of truth and holiness.

2018/8/29 10:59Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Oh praise the LORD!

2018/8/29 16:41Profile
crusader

Australia:

Re:

Amen Narrowpath

I can see through your testimony that through this brokeness, you found the truth and gained in wisdom :)

My testimony on youtube is only a brief part and i have been asked to put up part two of testimony. I don't like videos of myself but God has been getting all the Glory and people have sort help from God as a result so for him I do it. :)

2018/8/29 20:04Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy