SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Revelation Ch 22: V4

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MartinKelly

Revelation Ch 22: V4

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month:and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall be no more curse:but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light:and they shall reign for ever and ever.
And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true:and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.
Behold, I come quickly:blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book And I John saw these things, and heard them.

What a glorious prospect is set before them that believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. We shall see his face. That face which is above the brightness of the sun. Radiant with the glory of God. The sun will be as darkness compared to the glory that streams from his face. How it will melt our hearts when we see him who was wounded for our transgressions. Our hearts are melted even now when we are permitted to see but a faint glimpse.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

No matter what we suffer here because of our own failings or because of the persecution we feel by living in this present evil age, we can say with the apostle Paul:

I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

This is absolute certainty. This will happen. This is our future. These sayings are faithful and true! There will be a new heaven and a new earth, wherin dwelleth righteousness!

Even so come Lord Jesus.

2018/8/17 18:42Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy