SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Not consumed

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MartinKelly

Not consumed

As I walk through the wilderness of this world, accompanied as I am by my sinful nature. Beset around with fears and distress of mind and heart. Feeling the impossibility of ever being saved. Wondering how God could love such a willful creature as I. So proud, walking in a vain show. It was good to be reminded today of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who were cast into the blazing furnace. Everything was against their survival. Not only were they thrown in, but they were bound up tight and thrown in. Escape was impossible. The flame was sure to burn them up.

Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king. He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Jesus Christ The Son of God, bore all the fierceness of the flame.

For God hath made him who knew no sin, to be sin for us. That we might become the Righteousness of God in Him.

A full and perfect Righteousness.

The Righteousness of God, by faith of Jesus Christ, unto all and upon all them that believe.

That’s how we can walk through any circumstance and any situation, no matter our sin or our darkness or whatever it is that seems ready to totally overwhelm us:

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thanks be to God.

2018/8/16 15:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy