Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for my faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Pray for my faith

Pray as I feel personally that my personal faith is so under attack at the moment I find it hard to think God loves me , pray as I so want God to penetrate my hard heart with his love,
Pray as I look at my life and see so many broken promises and other things in my life
I have been working so hard but still have a rubbish job and I feel like God has put me on the relationship dump and I feel like I have been drained physically
Pray as I feel like the sky is like brass

Pray as I so struggled with my brother because he committed adultery and married someone else whilst I have followed Christ but I am not married and do not have children but feel worthless in god's sights as marriage is a sign of blessing in scripture and I feel like God does not love me

Pray at one point I always used to sing and praise God about everything , pray as now I find it hard to find good Christian music and I used to feel god's presence so strong but now I feel as dry as a desert and I feel like God has left and forsaken me.

Pray as I feel like I dead in church as I do not seem to grew as most of the things I know back to front and feel a useless part of the body , I just feel like I do not fit in to any church and I don't feel at home anywhere where as I did with my previous church

Pray as I felt God calling me to Israel but it seems impossible to get there nothing that God has promised me from my baptism has come true and that has been along time ago

Ephesians 3:16
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

I wish God would strengthen me in my inner man.

Pray as I find it so hard to think God loves me , I know it in my head and I used to know it but as time has gone on my faith has dwindled with event after event

I have seen three church splits and formally being the pastor's son and having a vast responsibility at my dad's church , then sitting in the pew at my previous church learning about the word but feeling depressed year upon year because I felt God does not care about relationships or me or work or the promises that he promised me when I was younger

It is also hard as sometimes in different movement's you seemed condemned if you are single and you do not fit in.

2018/8/14 15:26Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re: Pray for my faith

I will be praying for you, Dominic

Just know that depression is a spirit that can be rebuked in Jesus name.

2018/8/14 15:46Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Thank God for revealing Jesus to me
Thank God for filling me with his Spirit
Thank God for brothers and sisters in Christ
Thank God for air to breathe.
Thank God for letting me have a bible and that I can read
Thank God for showing me great treasures in his word
Thank God for my mom and dad.
Thank God for giving me a voice to praise Him
Thank God for exceedingly great promises
Thank God that I am a partaker in these
Thank God for...

2018/8/14 16:46Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Dear brother Dominic,

An awful lot of "I's" in your post. Look away from self and unto the Lord Jesus Christ.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:2)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
(Isaiah 26:3-4)

2018/8/14 19:38Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Dominic,

I am praying for you. I just want to encourage you to be faithful. The Lord is always watching you. He knows your heart and loves you dearly. Just remain faithful in all things -- including small things.

All of his promises are "yea and amen" -- whether they are fulfilled in this life or the eternal life to come. Just remain faithful to him. He loves you. You are more valuable than many sparrows.

Luke 17:5-10 (NASB)

5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”

6 And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and be planted in the sea’; and it would obey you.

7 “Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come immediately and sit down to eat’? 8 But will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink’?

9 He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he?

10 So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’”

2018/8/14 20:24Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I’ve been praying Dom.

I came across this quote this morning- it may or may not be helpful:

“The root of faith is the knowledge of a Person, and one of the biggest snares is the idea that God is sure to lead us to success.”~~ Oswald Chambers

2018/8/15 7:15Profile
Jeremy221

Dominic, I encourage you to examine the calling of Jeremiah then track its fulfillment. It may be painful but it should restore your perspective.

2018/8/15 10:49Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Brother Dom:

I have been where you are at, I have said what youre saying and Ive felt what you feel and this many more times than I want to admit.

Though my post may sound clinical or a little sharp, it's not coming from a man who has not been where you are and felt what you feel.

First brother, God is not making you into a man with theoretical faith with a theoretical knowledge of truth and a theoretical understanding of hardships. God is making you on his own potters wheel, forming you as it pleases him and removing the imperfections in you that disfigure his design. Therefore these difficulties and hardships and seeming distance between you and your Father are in no way indicative of some displeasure or disdain for your prayers, desires, goals or needs. God's designs are his own and we never would design ourselves with the difficulties and hardships as the necessary ingredients to create a work to his glory.
Second because your faith is not theoretical, its real, all the pain and affliction that attends a real faith, walking according to God's revealed plan consists of a boiling, a purging and finally a revealing. But you being afflicted cannot see clearly what God is making, you cannot feel accurately what God is feeling about you. What you feel is what you suffer.
Third, accusations, regrets, shame, loss of identity all occur when faith is replaced with discouragement. Your heart and mind focus upon your own failures, your own sins, your own weaknesses; discouragement in a Christian is like a musical instrument that Satan has access to. He plays upon it tunes to blind you to hope, tear away faith, crush dreams and visions. His music which are the condemning thoughts and the continual disappointments and regrets are designed to keep your soul in resistance to God's working in your life.
lastly, don't waste one more second feeling bad about yourself or your situation or your sins. Faith and repentance are the only things that avail to conquer disappointments and regrets. Repentance whereby you will not allow Satan's music to be played in your mind. Repentance to believe God loves you regardless of deferred promises or hopes of ministry. Repentance to surrender to Christ who truly and deeply loves you, not because of what you can offer him, but because he has chosen to set his love upon you and reveal himself to you and in you.

The first step, repent of thinking the hand of God is too short, it cannot save you. Thinking the love of God is too limited it has no more grace and kindness for you.

Start there brother, I had too, again and again so that I knew the love of God was not yes and no, but always yes and amen toward me. From there we build everything else.

2018/8/15 11:30Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

It's hard in this age to know how to live the Christian life. There are so many testimony books, so many books about the power of the spirit and baptism of the spirit.

Where are the books about being in a dry desert place and it's purpose for us ? Many are put there by the spirit where the fullness of the Christian life has diminished but some have only ever wanted the exuberances of the power of the Spirit, so quickly fall away.

Christ was led out into the desert, out there he was weak in his flesh and then subsequently tempted, but overcame using his will to come against the temptations and desires of the fleshly body and the mind.

It's only when we realize that God's puprose for us is true conversion. To be comformed to the image of Christ. Where a man denies his flesh, takes his tempting thoughts captive and becomes metamorphosed into the likeness of Christ.

All of the other churchianity things of singing praise and worship thinking that's how we please Christ, and that's how we ultimately change are all imperfections taught to us in this generation of Christianity. Where praise and worship music is idolized. Other acts of faith like performing miracles pale into insignificance when compared to Christ having ownership of our true heart, our being. True heart possession after a man has subdued himself and aligned his will to the Spirits will.

I walked in the power of the Spirit in my years as a young Christian. It left me, and I was led out into the desert, and was scared. Believing that Christ had left me.
I eventually realized the true purpose was to bring my old life to the end. The beginning of true testing and ultimately overcoming, then maturity. Where we rule over our flesh and dominate it.

I know some won't like this but I felt I have to tell it.

I go to church but see it for what it is. A place to meet others who have had a miraculous intervention of God come into their lives. To befriend them. And get to pray with them and form relationships as my friends.

2018/8/16 5:35Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

The devotional book “streams in the desert” may be of help in dry times.

https://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/desert/

Today’s reading:

In waiting, I waited, for the Lord (Psalms 40:1-6, margin).
Waiting is much more difficult than walking. Waiting requires patience, and patience is a rare virtue. It is fine to know that God builds hedges around His people--when the hedge is looked at from the viewpoint of protection. But when the hedge is kept around one until it grows so high that he cannot see over the top, and wonders whether he is ever to get out of the little sphere of influence and service in which he is pent up, it is hard for him sometimes to understand why he may not have a larger environment--hard for him to "brighten the corner" where he is. But God has a purpose in all HIS holdups. "The steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord," reads Psalm 37:23.

On the margin of his Bible at this verse George Mueller had a notation, "And the stops also." It is a sad mistake for men to break through God's hedges. It is a vital principle of guidance for a Christian never to move out of the place in which he is sure God has placed him, until the Pillar of Cloud moves.
--Sunday School Times

When we learn to wait for our Lord's lead in everything, we shall know the strength that finds its climax in an even, steady walk. Many of us are lacking in the strength we so covet. But God gives full power for every task He appoints. Waiting, holding oneself true to His lead--this is the secret of strength. And anything that falls out of the line of obedience is a waste of time and strength. Watch for His leading.
--S. D. Gordon

2018/8/16 7:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy