SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Back to School

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Back to School

I apologize that I have not been able to be as active on the forum as I'd like to be. My life is currently (and happily) being totally uprooted and radically changed.

In May, after consulting with some co-laborers on the mission field in Africa and after much prayer, I decided to go back to school to finish my degree. This is necessary since we are going to build Bible schools and teach in them until people are raised up to take over. I will be moving to Alexandria, LA where I will major in Missions (possibly double major in music, if my entire music degree with transfer from when I went to school a decade ago!!)

I have a few prayer requests, please:

1) That I will find a job.
2) I will be able to pay for each semester without any debt.
3) That I will grow spiritually
4) That I will find a group of believers with whom to fellowship
5) That I will keep my eyes fixed on Jesus.

I really appreciate it. Thanks!

2018/8/3 16:58Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Back to School

Wow- Will be praying.

2018/8/3 18:07Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Congratulations! I will be praying for you.

Given the location and your major, I take it that you'll be enrolled at Louisiana College, right? I would suggest that you might consider student employment at your school.

Schools tend to pay well and often have a way of offering lenient work schedules that benefit the students. I worked at school throughout my undergraduate and post-graduate degrees. My employers often gave me flexibility at work -- allowing me time to study and research.

If you're on financial aid, you might be eligible for federal work study -- a form of financial aid in which the federal government will fund your job and you do NOT have to pay it back. It is much better than taking out student loans and is more attractive to colleges and universities too.

Most schools post their student part-time and work study jobs near the Financial Aid department. Here is the place at Lousiana College to apply:

https://www.lacollege.edu/about/lc-careers/

The Lord bless you and keep you!

2018/8/3 18:32Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Yessir, going to Louisiana College. I am hoping for a full time, 3rd shift job, but I will take whatever I can find, lol.

2018/8/6 12:35Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

I will be praying, this is so good Havok praise the Lord.

2018/8/6 15:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy