SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : On Healing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Agreed-

It would be a tad difficult to pray in faith if we are second guessing everyone who needs it.

2018/8/22 15:18Profile
HeartSong

Re: On Healing

"And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the Lord, but to the physicians. And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign." - 2 Chronicles 16:12-13

2018/8/22 19:53Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." John 9:1-3

2018/8/22 20:24Profile
HeartSong

Re:

"And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents:

but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.)

He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing."

- John 9:1-7

2018/8/22 21:03Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

A large crowd followed and pressed around him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”

“You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ”

But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”

Mark 5: 24-34

2018/8/22 21:49Profile
wijnand

Re:

How are you guys dealing with people that come for prayer for healing that don't get healed?

- Do you blame there faith?
- Do you blame your faith?
- Do you speak about 'God is souvereign and does what He pleases'
- Do you get frustrated?
- Do you seek the Lord why not? (and if so, does He replies)?
- Do you help the person to still trust in the Lord
- Do you say to the people you pray for that they should go to a doctor?

A second question:
Do you guys see doctors as 'bad' and medicenes as 'bad'? It seems like some would believe this.

2018/8/23 2:34Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Has the LORD ever healed you?

2018/8/23 5:20Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//A second question:
Do you guys see doctors as 'bad' and medicenes as 'bad'? It seems like some would believe this.//

Not me!

2018/8/23 7:15Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hi Wijnand:

1. Unbelief is a plague to faith, when we have unbelief we cannot please God by it nor receive from God what he promises.
2. If Unbelief is in my own heart I am to blame for it's presence and for acting in accordance with unbelief rather than faith.
3. God is always Sovereign and therefore he does act in accordance with his own wisdom and plans.
4. Doesn't everybody at some time or another?
5. Yes I seek the Lord, yes God replies.
6. Prayer is not magic, it's not mental-kinetics, its not assertion of human will over situations or conditions; prayer is our connecting with our Father in Heaven to receive from Him his promises and blessings for ourselves and others.
7. God made the body to repair itself, this repair is improved by a skilled physician who can help the body repair itself as God designed.

The second question can be answered with a hundred different nuances, in general No, medicine is not bad nor are doctors.

2018/8/23 11:25Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

One of the main reasons why Christians are not receiving healing from the Lord is that they are not convinced that healing is the will of God. They do not know or believe that healing is in the atonement. If we would study the word of God on the subject of healing, and pray according to the scriptures then we would be experiencing much more healing than what we do. The problem is never with God or His willingness to heal, but the problem is always with us, and in some way we are not hearing what the Spirit of God is telling us regarding our situation.

Many doctors are doing all that they know to do in helping people, but we have to realize that they are practicing physicians. They are not God and they don't know everything. I have a Christian doctor, and I don't believe that it is a sin to go to a doctor if we have prayed about it and are being led by the Holy Spirit to do so. If we are putting more trust in doctors and medicine than in God then it does become sin, and that can be in any area that we trust in man more than in God.

There are many godly people that believe in healing that have struggled for years to be healed, and I would never tell one of these saints that it is because of a lack of faith that they are not being healed.

Sometimes sickness can be used by God as a chastisement, but if we would rightly judge ourselves, repent of our sins then we are in a position to receive healing from the Lord.

Many Christians are often sick because they are eating unhealthy foods, not getting enough exercise or allowing things like fear and stress to dominate them.

There are spirits that attack Christians from time to time such as a spirit of infirmity, and if this is the case, a doctor will never be able to figure out what is going on.

The scripture says that Jesus went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil. Christians can be healed by claiming the promises of God for healing with believing faith. Christians can be healed by the laying on of hands, calling for the elders of the Church, availing themselves to the gifts of healing, and from spending time in the presence of God. The Spirit of God that lives within us gives life to our mortal bodies. The Word of God believed and received is medicine to all of our flesh. It is the will of God that we would prosper and be in health even as our soul prospers.

Psalm 103 says that we are to bless the Lord and forget not all of His benefits.

He forgives us for all of our iniquities.

He heals us from all of our diseases.

He redeems our life from destruction.

2018/8/23 14:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy