Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Court Cases Prayer Request

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Court Cases Prayer Request

PRAYER REQUEST:

I would like to request some pray for my upcoming court cases.

July 8th – Tyler

This one is for trespassing on a public sidewalk.

July 11th - Dallas

August 11th - Dallas

The two Dallas charges keep changing. On the street the cops said it was for "drawing a crowd". Then in a letter sent to me it said it was for "religious solicitation without proof of ID" though I was giving away money and they saw my ID, then when I did go to court for one of them already the paper said it was for "violating an anti-noise ordinance" in the loud club area called Deep Ellum.

So pray that justice will be accomplished and also that I will get to be a witness in these court rooms.

Matthew 10:16-20 “Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.”

2005/7/1 5:04
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Court Cases Prayer Request

You have mine brother.

Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Just realised, that the same verse's were choosen here...

2005/7/1 7:54Profile

Surely they can't call you into court for one thing and then IN court accuse you of another. That's got to be illegal! Isn't it? I'll be praying about this in particular.

Do you have the press following and writing up these details too? It would be a useful record.

2005/7/1 8:20

Re:

Quote:
Surely they can't call you into court for one thing and then IN court accuse you of another. That's got to be illegal! Isn't it?

Your not suppose to find out your charges when you get to court. It simply shouldn't be that way. They are either 1) keep changing it so I can't build up a defense or 2) simply don't know what charge to charge me with.

When I asked the prosecutor about how the charges have changed three times, she said "it's all under the same ordinance, we're just filling in the details later." But I checked and it's not all under the same ordinance code. Thats like giving someone a ticket for running a stop sign. Then they get a letter that says they ran a red light. Then in court it says they were speeding. Then the prosecutor says "oh, it's all under a traffic violation. We're just filling in the details later."

It doesn't make sense and is corrupt as far as I'm concerned.

No, the press is not covering the Tyler or Dallas cases.

2005/7/1 8:38

Thanks for these answers.

This is just an idea... Have you thought of looking online for information about the process to which you're being subjected, in the relevant jurisdictions?

I discovered recently that a whole lot of info is now posted for each county in FL. If TX is the same, you may even be able to access your own case as it is being processed, as you will have the code number for it. Maybe a longshot, but, if it's there, it will be easy to copy, paste and email. Also, I feel you may also pick up info about who represents your type of case successfully.

2005/7/1 9:41
ellie

UK

I have read your Matthew quotation it is full of your situation which will be very worrying to you. Take strength from your reading in Matthew and these words were very significant to your plight.

"for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you".

Spend time with the Lord and reading your scripture and other scripture. Pray to him without ceasing and pray the scripture back to him and ask that the Holy Spirit would show you what to say.

May God Bless you and embrace you and impart to you, that which you need. Amen...

ellie

2005/7/9 19:12Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Friday, July 08, 2005

18 MONTHS IN JAIL?

Court today wasn't very smooth. I spoke with the prosecutor who said he wanted to go ahead and prosecute this case. He gave me three options:

1) 30 days in Jail starting today. When I'd be released it would be on my permanent record, but no probation. The problem with this is that having it on my record my give me trouble when leaving the country on a preaching trip.

2) 1 year probation, a $2,000 fine, roughly 100 hours community service, and monthly probation check ins, and then after a year it will be cleared from my record. The problem with this is that I don't have the money, it's hard to travel when on probation, and if I get in more trouble for preaching with the police it could be I violate my probation and will go to jail.

3) I could plead not guilty and go to trial. The problem with this is that on one of my encounters with a police on this public campus they said "We're letting you go on a warning. Sign here. It's an acknowledgement that we gave you a warning." So I signed it and thought nothing of it. But seeing that paper again it court, it says that I understood that if I came back to the campus I'd be arrested for trespass.

So those are the options I was faced with today in court. I has first told the prosecutor that I was pleading not guilty, then waited about 5 minutes and told them I wanted to change it. I almost signed the paper that said 30 days in jail, but then I realized it was wrong and had him correct it to the 1 year probation.

Then I went before the judge. I tried to explain to him that all I tried to do was go to a public area and use my free speech to preach the Lord Jesus Christ and therefore asked that he dismiss it, but he said if I wanted to debate it I would have to take it to trial. Then he asked¡±How do you plead" I couldn't say "Guilty" in order to receive the probation. Though that would be the easier way out, and trial would be the harder way, I see the harder way as the honorable way. I thought about it and said "Your Honor, I'd be lying if I said 'guilty'." So he said "How do you plead?" and I felt my conscience forced me to say "not guilty you¡¯re Honor". I'd rather have my tongue cut out then to have it say "guilty" in order to get the easy way out. The only thing I'm guilty of is going to a public campus to use my right of freedom of speech.

A problem for them is that the administration already said it's ok to talk to people on campus, and to give out bibles. They allow the Gideon¡¯s to do that. But if I wanted to preach it would have to be off campus. So what the cops are saying and what the administration is saying is two different things!! And the campus cops had admitted "this is a public school".

So I'm taking it to trial. The only problem is the paper I felt forced to sign which says if I returned I'd be arrested. If I didn't sign that paper then, I would have been arrested then. My hope is that we can get that paper I signed thrown out and not recognized as a legal document because it's unconstitutional. It's like signing a paper that says if you go to a public park you'd be arrested for trespass. You should never have to sign a paper like that, or be forced to jail.

I'm still trying to understand why I am in this situation. All I tried to do was going to a public area and use my freedom of speech rights. And I didn't even get to preach! Why did I get a warning to stay away from a public area? Why was I forced to sign that paper or else I would have been arrested? Why am I now facing up to a year and a half in jail? This simply doesn't add up legally though spiritually it is another story.

No matter if I am found guilty or not in the court of man, I know that I am justified in the court of God!

I feel the Lord is saying "Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?" Mt 20:22

And I feel that I am saying "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Mt 26:39

Quote:

ellie wrote:
I have read your Matthew quotation it is full of your situation which will be very worrying to you. Take strength from your reading in Matthew and these words were very significant to your plight.

"for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you".

Spend time with the Lord and reading your scripture and other scripture. Pray to him without ceasing and pray the scripture back to him and ask that the Holy Spirit would show you what to say.

May God Bless you and embrace you and impart to you, that which you need. Amen...

ellie

He needs Jesus!!! This is the latest from Jesse, he will probably post a bit more later!!
This is kind of worrying he needs prayer

Dom I will pray my upmost!! I added elles quote by mistake!! This could be me or you soon!!
Please Pray for him!!

2005/7/9 19:28Profile
ellie

UK

Re:

Deltadom do you know the date of the court hearing, this is so complicated and indepth. I will continue to pray. Thankyou for your thread of the latest developments.. This is very serious.

Perhaps the mistaken quote on your thread, was not a mistake. Jesse's Matthew scripture is quite powerful and Gods wisdom stood in the midst of it. The further verses that Jesse is recieving
seem very much of God, leading him through.

Prayer, I am sure there will be much prayer from all of us.

Oh God that you would show Jesse and us your power in this situation.

ellie

2005/7/10 12:07Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

July 8th – Tyler

This one is for trespassing on a public sidewalk.

July 11th - Dallas

August 11th - Dallas

2005/7/10 18:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy