Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Biblical Cosmology - Truth Matters

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Caleb4life

Minnesota

Biblical Cosmology - Truth Matters

Hi everyone!

I hope your 4th of July is going well (and if you read this later, smile, because we are that much closer to His return than when I wrote this)!

Here in the USA I’m having an unprecedented 4th of July, since it’s fallen on a Wednesday. I find myself alone! My wife and children wanted to get out of the city as we usually do, so they went to Grandpa’s cabin. But since I only have one day off work, I stayed back. With me being home, and with no children (or dog) running around, I decided to tackle some painting projects (with some encouragement from my wife…tee-hee).

As I have often done while working on house projects, I wanted to listen to something edifying, or educational (hopefully both!), while working. So I began to scroll through my youtube subscriptions and came across a video on the Celebrate Truth channel that caught my attention.

It is an absolutely fascinating debate, the likes of which I had not seen before on this topic! It’s very long, but so many excellent points are covered. Since I was painting, I actually had the time to listen to it in its entirety. It’s a casual but sincere conversation, between two gentlemen that seem quite genuine, and as I listened, joy rose up in my spirit in an affirming way toward true Biblical cosmology. So much so, that I was compelled to share it with all of you!

https://youtu.be/1k7UyYdouxg

As many of you know, if you’ve been around this forum for a while, I have taken a deep dive into researching Biblical cosmology during the past couple of years (starting back in 2015).

After countless hours of Bible study, prayer, conversations with many saints, reading books, watching videos, and even conducting personal observations, I am convinced that we are being lied to about cosmology. Lied to by whom you may ask? I believe all lies stem from the father of lies, but then they are propagated among people, some who lie willfully, and some who are simply regurgitating what they have been told, and are clueless about the truth.

What is the truth?

Today, I am more confident than ever that the Bible teaches that God created our earth with a dome (firmament) above us that still remains in place to this day, that the earth is stationary (not spinning, or in orbit), and that we live on a plane (not a globe/sphere).

For your own Bible research and study, here is a link to a handy flyer listing verses that speak to the nature of Biblical cosmology. There are more verses, but as you seek truth, you will find it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BuwfYXK0g9oEoDB9CTjR_IQMIiI1HYFe/view

My last post on this topic, a little less than a year ago, received a lot of heat from very smart people on this forum, and before I could even write a reply, the thread was locked.

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=60004&forum=36

Since then, I have waited, studied, prayed, researched, and continued seeking truth with other believers in my locale and beyond.

You see, there is a tremendous sensitivity in my spirit on these matters. I cringe at the label of “conspiracy theorist”, because when being accused of such, it enables people to quickly dismiss further conversation about any topic they wish to avoid, for whatever reason. This can be a great hindrance to seeking truth together, in my experience.

Thanks be to God, my skin has thickened a bit since that post on this topic, but I remain sober and alert.

For those of you who are triggered or angered by this post, I implore you to let your conversation be full of grace, seasoned with salt so that you know how to answer, in a way that builds up the Body of Christ, not tears it down.

My prayer is that none of us would fall prey to the ungodly spirit called out in this passage:

“If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain.” I Timothy 6:3-6

As I have meditated on that passage and asked “what is the doctrine being taught in that passage”, in context, it is instructions for the church that Paul is exhorting Timothy about. Of course, I wholeheartedly agree with that doctrine, and all the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ that accords with godliness!

Then we have this incredible verse:

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called."
- I Timothy 6:20

The very passage that was used by Greg when the previous thread on this topic was locked is actually an exhortation to avoid what many “scientists” today call truth, but it flies in the face of Scripture (Greg, I totally knew what you meant when you locked that thread, by the way, and love you dearly)!

Yes, we should avoid false science, absolutely!

Even so, I do not consider it vain or profane babbling to exhort the saints to study God’s word on a topic, and re-consider what it teaches, even if it flies in the face of what we have been indoctrinated with our whole lives!

From my perspective, science has NOT proven (using the scientific method) that we live on a spinning globe that orbits the sun. If anyone has the courage to watch the first video I posted, you will see how there are more questions than answers when it comes to proving a spherical, spinning earth. Even a physics/science teacher has to agree (as you will see if you are able to patiently watch that video).

I am not here to debate anyone, or to argue with you. Todd, Travis, Chris, Alec, Greg, Heydave and others, you could run circles around me intellectually! In fact, I have greatly enjoy reading your discussions about a variety of topics. You are all eloquent and write so well! I love you guys!

Each person must be convinced in their own minds.

My simple desire and encouragement is that each person seriously re-consider what God’s word teaches about the nature of his creation (cosmology), because truth matters!

Do not give up easily in your quest for truth. The Lord is faithful! The Holy Spirit is your teacher.

It is quite a shock when you realize that the whole world is under a strong delusion about cosmology, but then again, God’s word warned us of a strong delusion in the last days. While I’m not saying cosmology is THE strong delusion, it certainly qualifies as A strong delusion. I’m open to it being THE strong delusion too, but I do not know for sure if it is.

In my research, here are a few channels/sites that in my opinion lean toward more trustworthy than many others I’ve come across. But again, let the Holy Spirit guide you! Like me, none of these men are infallible. I certainly do not agree with everything they teach, but they have helped me gain a broader perspective during this revival of true cosmology!

http://testingtheglobe.com/bible.html (youtube channel “Rob Skiba”)

www.flatearthdoctrine.com (youtube channel “yourcurvelessearth”)

https://celebratetruth.org/ (youtube channel "Celebrate Truth")

(youtube channel "truth is stranger than fiction")

https://ourwayisthehighway.wordpress.com/

As with anything out there on the internet these days, we must use caution and great discernment. May we receive much grace to not set our eyes before anything that would dishonor Christ Jesus our Lord!

He is coming for a pure, spotless bride!

Even though divisions and disunity have caused much pain at times here, I am sincerely grateful for this little online community. The rich fellowship and encouragement has outweighed the sorrow!

While I recognize that this thread may cause similar pain, my prayer is that it will cause us to cry out to Christ Jesus our Lord, that truth would reign on earth, as it does in Heaven!

It may be argued that there are more important matters to discuss, related to truth.

But like it says in Romans 1, His invisible attributes of eternal power and divine nature have been CLEARLY perceived ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse!

While we preach Christ Jesus crucified and risen, and that a person must be born again, we do well, like Paul, to highlight the truth of his creation, because it is a powerful and undeniable testament to his reality!

This world desperately needs REALITY and to know Christ Jesus our Lord, who is the way, the truth, and the life!

Lord Jesus, help us repent wherever it is needed, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

With heartfelt love for you all,
Caleb

2018/7/4 20:13Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Biblical Cosmology - Truth Matters

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/07/05/science/earth-sun-aphelion.amp.html

2018/7/6 14:10Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I do not believe in a flat earth for numerous scientific evidences !

2018/7/6 17:20Profile
savannah

Re: Biblical Cosmology - Truth Matters

I agree...truth does matter!

Therefore I must confess to all of you here on SI. If you could see me behind this screen typing on the keyboard, you'd see that I am really just A Brain in a Jar.

Just to think how I've deceived you all along. All these years you all thought that I was a person with a body typing behind this screen.

Thanks for understanding.

I feel better now, because Truth Matters!

2018/7/7 6:09Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Are you in an empty jar or a jar filled with embalming fluid?

See you.

2018/7/8 6:38Profile
savannah

Re: a flat jar

I am in a flat jar with a dome over it.

And there's this giant brain above that oversees all the other brains. And it's taken billions of years for all these brains to develop. Just recently they started communicating through the airwaves and found that there may be other brains out there in the cosmos.

It may be the last days for these brains.

2018/7/8 7:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Ah! Truth per/son/ified. Is Jesus in there with you?
Where is your heart?

2018/7/9 3:49Profile
savannah

Re: Q & A

NO comment on the First Quest.

As far as your 2nd question goes, I'll answer with a quote from a famous brain who lives in Brainywood.

It said this, "If I only had a heart".

But the only one able to fulfill that request was the great brain who was hiding behind the dome in the sky.

Now I must rest my weary brain!

2018/7/9 7:56Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy