SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preach the Word in season and out of season !

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Preach the Word in season and out of season !

2 Timothy 4

1I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 5But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

6For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

John 21:17
He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.

I find it so annoying with the amount of resources, how less and less exegetical preaching is happening in the church! Where people go through verse by verse by through the scriptures as that really up builds me. I find that I am almost starving for the word of God.

The other problem is that there if it is a book it is normally a new testament book such as Romans or one of Paul's epistles no one takes any risks and go through any books such as Numbers or the Old Testament Prophets.

I am starving for the word of God. I have had sermons on the NHS and how it is related to us but.

Even if people do go through the bible it is at such a shallow level!

Acts 17:10-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
Paul and Silas in Berea

10 The brothers[a] immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so. 12 Many of them therefore believed, with not a few Greek women of high standing as well as men. 13 But when the Jews from Thessalonica learned that the word of God was proclaimed by Paul at Berea also, they came there too, agitating and stirring up the crowds. 14 Then the brothers immediately sent Paul off on his way to the sea, but Silas and Timothy remained there. 15 Those who conducted Paul brought him as far as Athens, and after receiving a command for Silas and Timothy to come to him as soon as possible, they departed.

We have the bible we do not know how long the bible will be banned in our country and in our church. The bible is no longer valuable!

We have access to more resources than any other time from things to like Bible Commentaries. I find it so annoying when listening to sermons and people have not even read a basic bible commentary.

I also find annoying is that when people have words from God and they go directly against the word of God the bible. How many hirelings have we got in church who should not be there in powerful positions in church!

My heart screams to actually hear the word of God in church and to hear it preached ! I so want a church where I can go and hear the Bible not the seven mountain mandate, not anything on the pre tribulation rapture, I just dont want to go to a church which is ecumenical or which is weird, I have been to most the churches in Hemel Hempstead, there is nothing. I used to go up to Golders Green to find a bible believing church. I cry out in my heart where we can discuss the word of God during the service and during lunch!

I am so dry biblically. It breaks my heart as you go to churches in the Uk and most people are silver haired and in the next 20 years. The UK will be filled with Muslims and no Christians.

Liberalism and being relevant to society has killed the church!

John 10
11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

19There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings. 20And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him? 21Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?

2018/6/24 8:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy