SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CalvaryCom - answer to Hunt

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

No, that's not his theology (and certainly not ours either).

2018/6/30 5:52
docs

Re:

My question regards their position on whether or not the Holy Spirit will indwell believers during the tribulation. Are there statements or articles etc. that provide info on their view? I'm as open as anyone to seeing them.

Thank you.

2018/6/30 10:23Profile

Re:

Berean Call articles on Tribulation saints:

https://www.thebereancall.org/content/october-1994-q-and-a-2

https://www.thebereancall.org/content/october-2006-q-and-a-4

https://www.thebereancall.org/content/why-cant-rapture-be-post-trib

2018/6/30 10:44
docs

Re:

Thank you. I've got to go and do a bit of mowing for someone so I will take a look a bit later today. Thank you for your effort and time.

2018/6/30 11:00Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"Comfort one another with these words", what wonderful conformation of truth to be always looking to be caught up in the air with our Lord Jesus and return to the place He has prepared for us. Only God can preserve our lives.

Thank you Alec for your post, it just reaffirms the truth and brings to mind again what blessing we have to look forward to seated in the heavenly places in the presence of our blessed Lord Jesus. Amen

In Christ: Phillip

2018/7/3 6:46Profile
docs

Re: Berean Call answer

My question was:

What is the view of the Berean Call ministry on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit for tribulation believers? In particular, what is the view of Brother Hunt and Brother McMahon on this subject? Do they believe the Holy Spirit will indwell those who come to faith during the tribulation? Thank you and blessings to you.

Berean Call answer:

Dear David. While the Holy Spirit indwelling the Church and His influence upon the world is removed with the Rapture, that doesn't mean the Holy Spirit is not present upon the earth during the tribulation. No scripture teaches the impossibility of salvation after the Rapture. In 1 Corinthians 12:13, Paul tells us, "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,

We know that Revelation 7:13-14 speaks of the martyrs who will be killed during the Tribulation. If the church is removed prior to the Rapture, these martyrs have to come from somewhere. We know that some identify these "Tribulation Saints" as being separate from the Church. Yet in John 10:16, the Lord Jesus (speaking of Jews and Gentiles) states, "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd." The important point is that there will ultimately be "one fold," with "one Shepherd."

My follow up question:

Thank you for your prompt and courteous answer. I assume you mean that your view is that the Holy Spirit will not indwell tribulation believers. I remain a bit confused as to how people can be saved during the tribulation by placing faith in Christ and being cleansed by the blood of the Lamb (Rev 7:14) and not have the Holy Spirit within. The Spirit was promised to all who believe in Christ even to those afar off (Acts 2:38). After Christ died and was raised and glorified (John 7:39) why would the Lord revert back to a different type of salvation other than what is portrayed in the New Testament? Is it possible to become a new creature in Christ without the indwelling Spirit?

Thank you.

Berean Call answer:

I apologize for any vagueness in my reply. We believe that the Holy Spirit will indwell Tribulation Saints. As 1 Corinthians (cited above), tells us, "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit." Thank you.

Doc: So it looks like I was wrong in my characterization of what they likely teach. Yet I know for sure I read a quote supposedly by Dave Hunt that said the opposite. At any rate, I should take this answer and go with it since it came from the Berean Call folks themselves. I asked a follow up question only because in their first reply they said, "While the Holy Spirit indwelling the Church and His influence upon the world is removed with the Rapture..."

But I asked them a question and they gave me a answer.

At any rate, the notion of a pre-trib rapture still confuses me because if the Church, those with the indwelling Spirit, is removed at a pre-trib rapture would God immediately begin to save people and fill them with the Spirit which is exactly what the church is that just left. In other words, why is God to remove His church and immediately begin to build it again by saving people and giving them the same indwelling Spirit. What is the difference between these and those who were supposedly just raptured? And if they become saved during the tribulation haven't they passed from death to life and are no longer appointed to wrath? Shouldn't they then be removed from the tribulation just as others?

Thank you for your patience.

2018/7/3 9:37Profile

Re:

Those who hold to the pre-trib rapture position believe that the marriage supper of the Lamb occurs (in heaven) during the 7 years of Tribulation. Yes, there will be many conversions during the time of Jacob's Trouble, but these will all likely become martyrs, just like the two witnesses shall be (until they are resurrected & caught up to heaven).

At Armageddon the raptured Bride returns with Christ to rescue Israel & to defeat the armies of the Antichrist.

2018/7/3 15:52
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Those who hold to the pre-trib rapture position believe that the marriage supper of the Lamb occurs (in heaven) during the 7 years of Tribulation. Yes, there will be many conversions during the time of Jacob's Trouble, but these will all likely become martyrs, just like the two witnesses shall be (until they are resurrected & caught up to heaven).

At Armageddon the raptured Bride returns with Christ to rescue Israel & to defeat the armies of the Antichrist.

Where does it say this in scripture?

2018/7/3 17:39Profile

Re:

You tell me.

If you concede that you cannot find the relevant passages that (allegedly) support those eschatological events then I'll cite a few verses.

2018/7/3 19:31
docs

Re:

It's been my experience that the pre-trib view rarely cites any evidence from the OT to support their view. Yet there is valuable information there which seems to prove conclusively that the OT saints, which the pre-trib view says will be raptured with the church, are in fact raised at the end of the age and not seven years before. The final deliverance of Israel at the end of the tribulation coincides with the resurrection of the just which the OT saints are a part of.

2018/7/3 19:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy