SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : National dialogue now driven by demonic forces?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

National dialogue now driven by demonic forces?

Roseanne's Barr's (not that I watch her show or ever have) way over the line of decency insults and the latest insult against the President's daughter is just another example of how far the national dialogue has fallen. The lady who insulted the President's daughter has apologize and is being met with, "Why should you apologize?" I've watched it for a while now and for the last couple of days. It has become eerie and other worldly at this point. It's a delirium of hate or something. I blame one side more than the other but it has become unnatural and doesn't seem to be driven by things we can see. I want to ask what can the church do but I'm also aware it's likely going to get worse with even more depths of the vilest cruelty continuing to be voiced. The worst dispositions and temperances likely ever seen in this country are on display everywhere from all directions.

2018/5/31 19:35Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: National diaologue now driven by demonic forces?

Yes and it will increasingly get worse until it’s finally exposed.... which may be sooner than we think;)

Until that time we (the church) should def be praying 🙏🏻 and being mindful not to be drawn into the fray-

2018/5/31 20:09Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: National dialogue now driven by demonic forces?

Quote:
I want to ask what can the church do but I'm also aware it's likely going to get worse with even more depths of the vilest cruelty continuing to be voiced.

It is indeed vexing to see and hear what is happening, even common decency is being trampled on.

It's time to pray, last time I checked God was still on the throne and ready to receive and hear the prayers of His people. Carter Conlon has recently preached some terrific messages on intercession based on the Book of Esther, a message "for such a time as this." I highly recommend these sermons to all here, they are titled "Inviting the Devil to Dinner" and "Royal Horses", you can find them at http://tsc.nyc/media_center.php?pg=sermons

The Lord grant us understanding of the weapons of our warfare.

In Christ,

2018/6/1 19:05Profile
docs

Re:

I've been thinking - "Because lawlessness will abound the love of many shall grow cold." We are seeing it. It's a loveless national hatefest.

2018/6/1 20:00Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

https://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/amphtml/2004/1021/p09s01-coop.html

“Andrew Jackson was described by his opponents as a drunkard, bigamist, adulterer, gambler, and murderer. Abraham Lincoln likewise was viewed as an "awful woeful ass," a "dictator," a "coarse vulgar joker," and a "grotesque baboon." To Republicans in 1884, Grover Cleveland was a "lecherous beast," an "obese nincompoop," and a "drunken sot."

2018/6/1 22:02Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

When does a dog bark the loudest???
When he’s scared....

They’re scared, they know what’s coming so they make lots of noise and attack those whom have no spiritual authority-

Remember the demons knew who Jesus really was before most everyone else and they responded verbally but had to submit and therefore couldn’t attack,.... He didn’t sweat them and neither should we- except to say be mindful not to get drawn into the fray where they have authority.

2018/6/1 22:07Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
They’re scared, they know what’s coming so they make lots of noise and attack those whom have no spiritual authority

Yes, and isn't it interesting that those who claim to be champions of tolerance are actually the least tolerant of anyone who holds a differing view. It is all being exposed, and the enemy hates the light of truth.

Stand believing before the King, He is showing Himself strong on behalf of those who's hearts are perfect towards Him!

2018/6/2 9:35Profile
dohzman

Re:

I dont watch much tv and only just today heard about what she said and the other persons comments and the contrast public reaction between the two. Proverbs says where there is no wood thefire soon goes out. I think that in many cases the conservative side (notice i did not sat christian side) should just be quiet but remain actively engaged and apply the principle of having an answer without sounding hateful, leaning more toward intellegent arguements. The truth is conservatives do seem to give the liberals much to rant about.

2018/6/3 20:09Profile
Jeremy221

Re: LGBTQ+ backlash

This is al little off topic but I came across a video on YouTube by Hank Green who is part of the channel SciShow which promotes science awareness. Because it promotes science and the evolutionary point of view, it also heavily supports homosexual rights. Recently, a number of Christian groups have purchased ad views and targeted the ads at LGBTQ+ videos and channels. Among them are Dr. Michael Brown and the legal group representing individuals those targeted by homosexual activists for refusing service for religious reasons.

Apparently, the homosexuals have annexed June as a gay pride month so they are taking extra issue with the outreach. Hank Green is promoting the view that these ads are hate speech. I think we need to pray for Dr. Brown and the others that they will be “shrewd as serpents but harmless as doves” through this.

2018/6/4 2:17Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I understand the frustration shared among Believers against the wickedness and how it appears to be ruining society and the inroads it has made into the "church", going even so far as accepting them (without repentance) and giving them credibility.

I have come to the conclusion God is allowing this to happen to expose the tares in this crop of wheat. The tares use confusing language that give rise to our doubts about what they really are saying. Now we know.

In thinking about this issue Ecclesiastes 7:10 comes back to haunt me: "Do not say, “Why is it that the former days were better than these?” For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this." Hmmmmmm. Interesting - nothing new under the sun?

Sandra

2018/6/4 11:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy