SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : New Demonstration of Christianity

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Everlast

Missouri

New Demonstration of Christianity

I want so desperately to see a new demonstration of Christianity!! "Christianity" today has become so complacent and placating that it has lost its true fire and guidance. I come to this thought from some recent reading (note...I have been thinking this for some time, but the recent reading has brought it more to the forefront.) I am reading a book titled Inside Islam by a man who was raised a devout Muslim and is now Christian. He gives a Christian perspective of Islam, some basic comparisons of the Koran and Bible and talks about how to reach out to Muslims. I frequently converse with Muslims in my place of employment so I want to reach them anyway possible. Anyway...I have wondered why so many people and most recently Westerners (Americans and W. Europe) have turned to Islam. I believe it is partly because we are lacking as Christians in demonstrating a true Christlike life. People of the world are searching for the truth, and are looking for definite guidelines for right and wrong. Although Islam's theology is COMPLETELY off, it does offer structure that is appealing to so many. There are very clear structures and guidelines for living, that are lacking in "Christian" culture today. When 85% of Americans call themselves Christian, is it no wonder people are not excited to hear about Jesus and the Gospel? I find myself hard pressed to notice differences between those who call themselves Christian--who are not to be of this world--and those who are of this world. I so want and pray for a return of discipleship of Jesus, rather than denominations and religions. I know I am not saying everything that I want to say as concisely as I would like, but this will have to suffice for now. I want so desperately for people; Christians, to set themselves apart from this world and be noticed for their beliefs, not blend it to be non-offensive or politically correct, or what have you. Are there others who wish to see the world turned around by those who truly believe and LIVE the life of a Christian? I know there are, I have read some postings from this site...I just needed a place to express some of my ideas. Thanks for listening.

2003/10/20 23:32Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: New Demonstration of Christianity

Quote:
I am reading a book titled Inside Islam by a man who was raised a devout Muslim and is now Christian. He gives a Christian perspective of Islam, some basic comparisons of the Koran and Bible and talks about how to reach out to Muslims. I frequently converse with Muslims in my place of employment so I want to reach them anyway possible.

I have a heart for the muslims also. I have in the 'debates' section under '~Miscellaneous Audio' in the downloads secion alot of debates between Christians and Muslims. I have worked on this website for a friend in the ministry: [url=http://www.ffmna.org]www.ffmna.org[/url].

Quote:
Are there others who wish to see the world turned around by those who truly believe and LIVE the life of a Christian? I know there

Like Leonard Ravenhill said with unction: "The
World is waiting for another demonstration of Christianity." (I will try and find the sermon he said that! ;-) ).

Quote:
Thanks for listening.

I would love to hear more sister. :-D

2003/10/21 10:20Profile
PJ

Everlast,

I too share this ache and longing in my heart. When will we realize that our get as close to the world as possible so we can appeal to the world evangelism is not working. All it serves to do is create more cold or false Christians. The world needs to see an absolute uncompromized standard. A standard that shows that we are really of another world and kingdom. By today's example of Christianity, one must conclude that the world has something better than we do since we are trying to become so much like them.

The light of God's holiness should burn so bright in our lives that just our presence in the world is a painful contradiction to their darkness. But unforntuanately the light of holiness in so dim in most that the world takes little or no notice at all.

Lord revive us!
PJ

2003/10/22 21:39Profile
PJ

Everlast,

Just realized who you are.
Awesome!
See you at church.

PJ

2003/10/22 21:56Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Shelly,
It is so awesome to see God working through you to reach Muslisms. I grew up in an area where there was a large Jewish population, and can empathize with your desire to reach a certain group of people, and desiring to learn more about them so that you can minister to them better.
You have such a beautiful heart, and it is so obvious that you are one of too few Christians who refuse to be content with where they are in their walk, constantly desiring to reach higher and closer and know God more and more.
God has a plan and a purpose, and will use you as his vessel of truth. He has opened your eyes to something that so many who claim to follow Him refuse to see, and your passion for His truth and more of His revelations makes Him smile.
Be encouraged, sister -- He's going to use you.

2003/10/23 0:35Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re: muslims

I have a very good video called Sudan The Hidden Holocaust which should be watched by everyone, not for it's horrific pictures but for the love these missionaries are showing all of the people of Sudan. Hopefully we can get it on this site with the agreement of Greg if I can get it encoded. Frontline.org.za has more info as they are the ones doing the work.
Please make a visit to this site and see what a young couple, just married, are doing and pray for the team overe there.

2003/10/25 20:33Profile
Everlast

Missouri

Re:

I thank you guys for your support and encouragement. Ever since being in Kosovo on a missions trip I have had an interest in reaching out to muslims. See...90% of the population in Kosovo are muslims. We were able to show them what the cross is really about and not what their persecutors made it to be about...a sign of war and murder and genocide. I eagerly await the day that I can go back there to work with these people. Anyway...thanks for the replies! :)

2003/10/28 15:28Profile
Everlast

Missouri

Re:

Question for those who have witnessed to muslims...do you think it is easier to witness to non-practising muslims or practising? Also, does any of you have any information about reaching out to Jewish people? I also have contact with several young Jewish people from Israel in my place of employment. I appreciate any info.

2003/11/1 0:06Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: lost debates

your quote: "I have a heart for the muslims also. I have in the 'debates' section under '~Miscellaneous Audio' in the downloads secion alot of debates between Christians and Muslims."

I found this section once but now seem to have lost it. Currently my misc audio only has 4 categories and 'debates' is not one of them.

Can you redirect me?
Thanks

2003/11/1 4:48Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I found this section once but now seem to have lost it. Currently my misc audio only has 4 categories and 'debates' is not one of them.

I prayed about having debates on the site, and I got impressed by God that I should not have had them up on the site. I think there is a time a place for debates, but I would rather just hear a sermon on Christ!

I am not against apologetics but I think there is much more emphasis in the scriptures of just laying the truth bare and not arguing with other view points. Just show the light of truth and it will expel the darkness.

2003/11/7 23:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy