SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can somebody praise the Lord!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
TrueWitness

Re:

I LOVE the Lord because he took PITY on me and showed me MERCY and GRACE in His Son JESUS CHRIST. Bless His Name Forever!

-Daniel

2018/5/26 9:19Profile

Re: Girs up your armour

Good thoughts one and all, and thank you Bill, God bless you. It occurred to me a while back that we dont sing songs of victory any more, or songs that would lead us to believe that we are soldiers in the army of the Lord. All great armies down through the ages have songs they have sung to encourage them and give them strength..............bro Frank

Gird up your Armour

The Lord has given a land of good things
I will press in and make them mine
I’ll know His power, I’ll know His glory
And in His kingdom I will shine

With the high praises of God in our mouth
And a two-edged sword in our hand
We’ll march right on to the victory side
Right into Canaan’s land

Gird up your armour, ye sons of Zion
Gird up your armour, let’s go to war
We’ll win the battle with great rejoicing
And so we’ll praise Him more and more

We’ll bind their kings in chains and fetters
We’ll bind their nobles tight in iron
To execute God’s written judgement
March on to glory, sons of Zion!

2018/5/26 14:54
rbanks

Re:

Blessings to everyone, I have enjoyed your posts!

Amen brother Frank! It made me think of this old hymn...

If you’re in the battle for the Lord and right,
Keep on the firing line;
If you win, my brother, surely you must fight,
Keep on the firing line;
There are many dangers that we all must face,
If we die still fighting it is no disgrace;
Cowards in the service will not find a place,
So keep on the firing line.

Refrain:
Oh, you must fight, be brave against all evil,
Never run, nor even lag behind;
If you would win for God and the right,
Just keep on the firing line.

God will only use the soldier He can trust,
Keep on the firing line;
If you’ll wear a crown then bear the cross you must,
Keep on the firing line.
Life is but to labor for the Master dear,
Help to banish evil and to spread good cheer;
Great you’ll be rewarded for your service here,

When we get to heaven, brother, we’ll be glad,
Keep on the firing line;
How we’ll praise the Savior for the call we had,
Keep on the firing line;
When we see the souls that we have helped to win,
Leading them to Jesus, from the paths of sin,
With a shout of welcome, we will all march in,

2018/5/26 15:20Profile

Re:

Great hymn RB, here is another..............

Stand up, Stand up for Jesus

1. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
ye soldiers of the cross;
lift high his royal banner,
it must not suffer loss.
From victory unto victory
his army shall he lead,
till every foe is vanquished,
and Christ is Lord indeed.

2. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
the trumpet call obey;
forth to the mighty conflict,
in this his glorious day.
Ye that are brave now serve him
against unnumbered foes;
let courage rise with danger,
and strength to strength oppose.

3. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
the arm of flesh will fail you,
ye dare not trust your own.
Put on the gospel armor,
each piece put on with prayer;
where duty calls or danger,
be never wanting there.

4. Stand up, stand up for Jesus,
the strife will not be long;
this day the noise of battle,
the next the victor’s song.
To those who vanquish evil
a crown of life shall be;
they with the King of Glory
shall reign eternally.

2018/5/26 18:06
rbanks

Re:

Amen brother Frank...I love Stand up, Stand up for Jesus
Ye Soldiers Of The Cross

I remember singing this song over 40 years ago in my growing up years in a Disciples Of Christ church out in the country before I was saved.

I was raised on a farm and my mom had us to go to church on Sunday mornings. I well remember after I got saved in 1983 that that song took on a whole new meaning.

Here is another one I heard during my childhood...

All hail the pow’r of Jesus’ Name!
Let angels prostrate fall;
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown Him Lord of all!

Ye chosen seed of Israel’s race,
Ye ransomed from the fall,
Hail Him Who saves you by His grace,

Let every kindred, every tribe,
On this terrestrial ball,
To Him all majesty ascribe,

Oh, that with yonder sacred throng
We at His feet may fall!
We’ll join the everlasting song,

2018/5/26 21:58Profile

Re:

Hi RB

I love that hymn brother. We used to sing it all the time back in the 90s. The church I went to had a huge passion play every year, about 20,000 would come every year to see it and many were saved. This was always the last song and it was a glorious way to end the story of Jesus, to crown Him Lord of all!!!...............bro Frank

2018/5/27 15:31
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

You know this verse speaks profoundly but I wonder about something.

Which is the easiest to deal with: opposition by friends, loved ones, acquaintances who claim to be Christians but will exhibit traits of the enemy and oppose you or those who do not claim to be Believers and they oppose you? Personally, I find it very hard to deal with so-called Believers who are working for the enemy - the enemy will get you to question whether maybe these people are right and you are wrong. To be this is the most difficult scenario to deal with.

Now, we full well know the opposition of unbelievers and expect it. But the other - I am finding it hard to rejoice but when I go to the WORD and absorb it these issues seem to fade until a day or two later...

You made a good point, rbanks, one we need to be reminded about.

Sandra

2018/5/27 16:35Profile
rbanks

Re:

Sister Sandra, First of all I have appreciated your love for the Lord and the wisdom God has given you...that I have seen in your posts on SI over the years.

I also would like to make it known that I am not pleased with the way I have handled every situation that I have disagreed with over the years on SI. I have not posted with kindness and love toward everyone that I didn’t agree totally with what they had posted. So I would like to say to you, brother Frank and others that I am sorry. I hope and pray that any future posts that I post that I will consider how it would sound to me and how it would sound if I was talking to the person face to face.

I have not done my best in posting because I have dealt with many people over the years as a Pastor that I have had to deal with situations that I have had to learn to show love and kindness in some very tough situations. I have been hurt and have had to forgive quickly before it made me hold a grudge. I have had people turn against me for not seeing eye to eye with them on everything. I have learned to smile, hug and show love to people who I knew that they were working against me. This is the most difficult because they are suppose to be your brothers and sisters who love you.
A lot of this happens in people who have never embraced the cross and have not denied themselves in order for Christ love to develope in their lives. They are not spiritual but carnal Christians. They have envy and strife within their carnal nature because they have not put on the Lord Jesus Christ. It is difficult for a spiritual Christian to fellowship and show love to carnal worldly people because they don’t like spiritual Christians. The flesh and the spiritual is a war against the other. The spiritual man must pray and forbear with the carnal until they become spiritual. Until they become spiritual there will not be any way to have true fellowship. We must turn to the Lord for help and grace to endure those who try and harm us in our spiritual walk with God. May God give us wisdom to not commit ourselves to those who are not truly spiritual. We need the spirit of discernment. May God help us not to cast out pearl before swine nor to give that which is Holy to the the dogs.

God bless you sister Sandra!

Blessings to all...rbanks

2018/5/27 23:43Profile

Re:

Rb, I feel nothing but love toward you. I think what is very easily missed on any kind of electronic communication, is the spirit behind what is being said. It is a two dimensional form of communication. I saw in a documentary that facial expressions can make up almost 80% of communication. Tone of voice is another key element in communication. We dont get any of that when we text someone or right a post on forums and so on, so it makes it extra difficult and easier for the enemy to sow discord. I have not covered myself in glory over the years in my own communication and for that I ask for your forgiveness RB and for anyone else I have offended. Forgiveness lies at the heart of who we are in the Lord, it plays the pivotal role in our relationship with God and with others. Grudges are like hand-grenades of bitterness. They lie in wait for our "opponents," to mess up or say something we dislike then we quickly pull the pin and in doing so we can encourage others to pull their pins. Of course, none of it is of God. It is good to have a forgiving heart and hopefully the older we get and the longer we have been on the road with the Lord then the less offense we take and the quicker we are to forgive, knowing that it is the enemy who gains ground when we do not forgive and we and others become collateral damage. God bless you brother and may the peace of our Lord be upon you...........bro Frank

2018/5/28 0:50
rbanks

Re:

Thank you brother Frank...

I have enjoyed your posts over the years and appreciate your love for the body of Christ.

I have learn so much on SI about other believers and their perspective on the things we all face. I hope to learn to communicate even better in writing to others showing the Love of Christ in all my posting!

Blessings to all...rbanks

2018/5/28 11:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy