SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : America Will Never See Revival...Unless...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

America Will Never See Revival...Unless...

This morning I was moved to tears as I watched the short Open Doors video below. The video tells the story of the Chinese revival. The brother in the video shares how the Chinese church started praying for a movement of God. A movement of God that was set in the midst of persecution.

https://youtu.be/tDfZDMwu7UM

As I reflected on the video. It dawned on me that the Chinese believers were at a point of desperation. For they were in the midst of communism. They were in the midst of oppression. Because of this they cried out to God who heard their prayers and sent His Holy Spirit.

Do we honestly think that we are going to see a movement such as occurred in China occur in the United States? Do we really think that a revival conference held in southern, sunny California is going to bring about a movement of God?

Where are the heartfelt prayers? Where are the tears that are being shed? Twelve preachers are scheduled to preach? Has anybody scheduled the Holy Spirit to show up?

America, particularly the American evangelical church, will never see revival. We will never see revival until we have reached a point of desperation that will drive us to our faces before God and to cry out to him.

As far as I can see we are not at that point desperation. We are at a point where we can hold revival conferences. But we are not at a point where we are on our faces before God. Where we are in our prayer closets before him.

Our persecuted brothers and sisters pray that we will see persecution. They pray we will see persecution to deliver us from our materialism. They pray we will see persecution so that we will seek him in desperation. May their prayers not be in vain.

Blaine

2018/5/23 10:17
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: America Will Never See Revival...Unless...

Don't want my spirit to be attached to this thread.

2018/5/23 10:26Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Our persecuted brothers and sisters pray that we will see persecution.//

It’s funny- they pray for us to be persecuted and we pray for them to be delivered from their persecution.

Can’t remember the last time I prayed for someone to be persecuted. Nor did Jesus or any of the apostles.

2018/5/23 10:59Profile

Re:

/// It’s funny- they pray for us to be persecuted and we pray for them to be delivered from their persecutions. ///

Often time the persecuted ask that they be delivered "through" their persecutions and not "from" their persecutions.

Blaine

2018/5/23 11:17
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

2018/5/23 11:18Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Often time the persecuted ask that they be delivered "through" their persecutions and not "from" their persecutions.//

I suppose they can pray however they wish. I, however, will pray that they be delivered FROM their persecution. Even Jesus prayed that prayer for Himself.

2018/5/23 12:08Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by bearmaster
Do we honestly think that we are going to see a movement such as occurred in China occur in the United States? Do we really think that a revival conference held in southern, sunny California is going to bring about a movement of God?

Brother,

I don't think we will see a large revival like that until persecution comes to America. Not everything is bad about American Christianity, I found a wonderful church and I - myself - am having a personal revival!! And I'm taking it to the jails, teaching them about loving God and loving people by the power of Christ!!

The Lord showed me instead of teaching about end times, teach people to love HIM and they'll be ready to meet HIM whenever and however they die. Does that make sense?

Brother, I wish you the best! God bless you,
Lisa

2018/5/23 12:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

2018/5/23 13:24Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

How about the UK or Europe or Australia , I live in the UK
Revival may happen during a time of persecution like Iran , it is God who determines it not me , I think the first place he should start is with us as without Jesus we can do nothing

2018/5/23 14:05Profile

Re:

There is a refining ekement of persecution. The New Testament bears witness of this. Our brethren in China and Iran understand this. They see that persecution has refined their faith walk in Jesus. The tribulations they endure has conformed them as unto Jesus. They have embraced the cross so that Jesus would live in them.

They see that the American or the western church is trapped and in love with the world. We will never see revival under these conditions. Only when we are brought to a state of desperation will we cry out to God.

This is what the persecuted pray for us. That we go through suffering that will conform us into Christ. That, as they. we will see Jesus in the midst of our sufferings. Por we are surely not going to see Jesus on the midst of our material prosperity.

Believe it or not the persecuted do pray for us out of hearts of love. Their desire is to see the American church purified as the Chinese or Iranian church is.

Blaine

2018/5/23 15:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy