SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Prophetic Word To The Ekklesia - Dan Hubbell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I went back and looked over this brothers prophetic word. I do not see a prosperity gospel or Apostolic Reformation Roundtable or any other such nonsense. If anything the brother is confirming what is already happening in the persecuted nations.

If we want to nitpick what he is saying. Then go to the websites of credible ministries such as Open Doors or Voice of the Martyrs or Voice of the Persecuted.

Nations that once were open to Christian missionaries are now closing their borders. India used to allow missionaries to come in. Now that nation is kicking out the NGO's that provided much substantial relief in that nation. Now the Indian government kicks them out and the people who were being ministered to by that relief are put out on the streets.

Ministries used to get Bibles into China using common sense and caution. Now it's getting difficult even to bring Bibles into that nation. Often times when people were caught with Bibles in the past the government would confiscate the Bibles and let the courier go into the country. Now if you're caught with Bibles the courier could very well be imprisoned.

I was on a global call today where it was discussed that the Chinese were also installing biometrics and Hi-Tech surveillance cameras to monitor even the underground church.

The window's closing even in Russia. There are reports of evangelical Christians coming under persecution in that nation. And the Russian government is starting to deport even American missionaries and pastors who ministered in that nation.

We see that Turkey has already imprisoned American missionary Pastor Andrew Brunson. Other missionaries that have served in Turkey have been deported.

Is the issue the word the brother is giving? Or is the issue that he is talking about the persecuted church? Which is a very unpopular topic on sermon index.

Saints I hate to break it to you. But there is a persecuted church and it's not going to go away. We do have brothers and sisters who are in the shadow of the cross and spilling their blood for the Lord Jesus Christ.

You may want to deny this reality. But the persecuted church is a very real reality to our Lord Jesus Christ. The question is what are we going to do about it.

Blaine

2018/5/24 22:51
rbanks

Re:

John 21:15-23 (KJV)
15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdedst thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.
19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?
21 Peter seeing him saith to Jesus, Lord, and what shall this man do?
22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
23 Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?

This is amazing to me that Jesus told Peter that it wasn't none of his business what John was going to go through for serving the Lord. He told Peter that he needed to be about his own business of serving the Lord no matter what the cost...that following Jesus is a personal matter between the disciple and his Lord.

The apostle Paul wanted to win Christ and love him supremely. I never read where he complain about others who were not persecuted as much as he was. I never read that he ever complained to the Lord about some disciples having it better than others. I believe we need to pray for all people to be faithful to Christ through all of life's circumstances. Pray that God will give his people strength and favor through all of life.

Yes I agree Blaine that we should pray for those that are being persecuted but they are probably praying for us to be faithful to the lord also. We must believe God will make a way for all his people. We must pray for one another.

I have never read where any of the apostles tried to make others feel guilty because they were not being persecuted like the Apostle Paul was being persecuted. When I read about what the apostle Paul went through with all the suffering for Christ he endured and then telling others to rejoice in the Lord always it really humbles me to tears. I see what a wretch I really am and how much I need Christ to increase in my life! I pray to God that I will be able to rejoice and be faithful through all things I go through...that it will be for Christ and His glory!

Romans 8:1 (KJV)
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Blessings to all!

2018/5/25 9:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy