SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you determine what to pray for

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

How do you determine what to pray for

Let’s face it— we can’t pray for everything. There are not enough hours in the day especially if you have a job and family duties etc.

We are told to pray for just about everything imaginable. If you prayer for 12 hours a day there is always something else you could have prayed for.

So how do you prioritize or determine where your prayers should be directed?

Do you feel guilty if you don’t get to something in your prayers?

Just trying to keep it real.

2018/5/18 11:30Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: How do you determine what to pray for

Very good and honest question-

After having been confronted by basically the same thing over a period of years, and after lots of study, the conclusion I came to was to just stay in dialogue with the Lord. You know how we have conversation with Him in our inner man, so an inner dialogue of you will. It really helps me stay mindful and connected of and to Him. I’ve found that this provides Him the ability to literally direct my steps as He is involved in most all my doings. Also it provides me a “real time” feedback as opposed to just reflective feedback.

Now that’s not to say that there aren’t times of a more formal prayer, but I have personally found His friendship/companionship in this way quite beneficial as He has a far greater influence in my day to day affairs than before. Also He will often rouse me from sleep between 3:45-5:00 am and will either minister or call me to intercede (laying people on my heart to pray for) and other times just to spend quality time together:)

Prolly not what you’re askin but I hope it helps:)

2018/5/18 14:53Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Thx Fletcher- my approach is similar to yours. Generally God lets me know what I should be praying about.

I do admit that trying to pray for a long time period covering a bunch of topics is something like drudgery. If I am with other believers, however, and the HS is flowing, time has no meaning.

2018/5/18 15:38Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: How do you determine what to pray for

Agreeing with what has been said I would like to add praying for those who despitefully use us and persecute us. Our enemies. How about people I 'don't like' .

My wife and I started doing this with purpose several years ago and it has transformed us from criticizing, to interceding. Now it is quite joyous!

Rusty

2018/5/19 9:57Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Great thought Rusty, especially since Jesus specifically commanded us to pray for those folks.

2018/5/19 10:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy