Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : same sex marriage passes in Canada

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

same sex marriage passes in Canada

Last night the Canadian government, in all its wisdom, finally passed legeslation granting same sex couples the same right to "marriage" as traditional man/woman couples.
This is no surprise, it has been coming for a couple of years. What is a surprise is the total lack of concern shown by the 70-80% of the population that claim to oppose change to the law regarding marriage.
It is a sign of our time, all traditional morals, and values are on the decline.
Can God hold back His judgment much longer??

Not so proud to be Canadian,... Greg :-o

2005/6/29 20:52Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: same sex marriage passes in Canada

Quote:
Not so proud to be Canadian

Agreed.

[i]"These things must come, but woe to him through whom it comes."[/i]

2005/6/30 8:46Profile

Re:

The way the Supreme Court is going here in the US... it wont be long before sodomites can pretend to be married here in the US too.

Buckle your seatbelts folks... it wont be long before Christ returns.

Krispy

2005/6/30 9:05
roadsign

Re: what is important to us?

Apparently the Canadian gov't is threatening to remove the tax exemptions of any church who speaks against same-sex union.
I believe that we, the church, can no longer rely on the gov't for benefits and protection. It's a two way thing. If we want favors from the gov't, then we will find ourselves being under their authority and control. Many churches are watering down the message, to keep it politically correct.

Another thought:
Unjust societies are nothing new. They existed before the days of Noah. The New Testament writers talked about their evil society.

There are many other societal sins that are far more prevelant and devastating. However, they don't repulse us because we have grown accustomed to them, and maybe even embraced them ourselves -ex humanism, pluralism, materialism, trust in the world, worldly institutions. Those sins are destroying our society but don't feel wrong anymore.

So, how can we be as Christ would want us to be in the midst of this depraved society? How can we love the sinners, including the homosexual.
Do we push that they merely "clean up" their act, or do we seek, through prayer, that they know the love, forgiveness, and freedom of Christ?
Diane

PS There may be some who come to this site who sincerely struggle with homosexuality either in themselves, or their families, so we should be careful with our words - that they always be said in love and empathy. For we too may be struggling with besetting sins.

2005/6/30 9:46Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

If I may, [u]this is our message for homosexuals:[/u]

[b]Jesus Christ loves you, died for you, and can set you free, just like He can for anyone![/b]

God has promised it.

2005/6/30 13:32Profile

Re:

Roadsign wrote:

"so we should be careful with our words - that they always be said in love and empathy. For we too may be struggling with besetting sins."

Sound advice. While Christ's sacrifice takes away the sins of believers in the world, no one (Christian) can say that they are now above sinning, being perfect in character. Or that their sins are of lesser offense to God than those of homosexuals.

Bubbaguy

2005/6/30 13:50

Re:

Quote:
There are many other societal sins that are far more prevelant and devastating. However, they don't repulse us because we have grown accustomed to them, and maybe even embraced them ourselves -ex humanism, pluralism, materialism, trust in the world, worldly institutions. Those sins are destroying our society but don't feel wrong anymore.

This particular sin is one of the "chosen few" that God considered an "abomination". Therefore, it is more repulsive to God than other sins. Some argue against that, saying all sin is the same, but the Word of God seems to argue against that.

Quote:
There may be some who come to this site who sincerely struggle with homosexuality either in themselves, or their families, so we should be careful with our words - that they always be said in love and empathy. For we too may be struggling with besetting sins.

I struck up a friendship with someone on this site who struggles with this sin. I am not without compassion for those who do. Believe me. However, the BIBLE calls them sodomites. I will call them sodomites. I will not make my words politically correct in order to soothe someone's feelings over sin. The Bible is very blunt. If they get upset because I use that word, then they must get offended at the very Word of God. Using the word "sodomite" calls it what it is... and this is not the time to be wimps about sin. If someone lies to me, I'll call him a liar... not "truth-challenged". And I expect people to do the same with me if they see sin in my life.

Your post says what a shame it is that Canadian pastors can not speak against sodomy, yet you want me to temper my words?

It's not unloving to call sin sin.

And in case you're wondering... I'm not upset at you... just explaining myself.

Krispy

PS ... I should clarify... the KJV calls them sodomites. The watered down corrupted modern versions are a lot softer on this sin in particular.

2005/6/30 13:53

Re:

Hi Krispy,

Good to meet you.

Quote:
Buckle your seatbelts folks... it wont be long before Christ returns.

Would you be able to explain how you link these ideas - the acceptance of homosexual practice and the second coming, from scripture, please?

2005/6/30 15:44

Re:

Quote:
Would you be able to explain how you link these ideas - the acceptance of homosexual practice and the second coming, from scripture, please?

Uhhh... it's not that hard, but I'd be glad to help you out:

2Pe 2:5-10 [i]And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly; And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds); The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.[/i]

The Bible speaks in many places about how sin will increase more and more as the return of the Lord draws closer. If you're questioning this, then I have to wonder about your knowledge of the Word. But I'll assume you agree with me. The acceptance of homosexuality as a "lifestyle" will only breed more and more of it. It's the same with anything else. Homosexuality is what brought God's judgement down on Sodom (sodomy) & Gamorha. Some will argue that it wasnt (and those who use the NIV or some of the other modern versions cant defend against that), but the fact is, it was.

As sin increases, we can know without a doubt that the end is near.

And no, it's not just sodomites on the rise that signals the end of time.... have you noticed all the earthquakes since December??

Krispy

2005/6/30 16:09
roadsign

Re: What sins bring judments?

I have a challenge for you Krispy. I noticed in scripture that it was often idolatry and failing to care for the widows, fatherless, needy that brought Israel, or other nations into judgment. Why not do a comparison of the two words: idolatry and homosexuality as it relates to judgment and see which word comes up more often.

Another thought. I find Ray Comfort's approach to the homosexual interesting. He deals with them like any unsaved person- appealing to their conscience based on the Ten Commandments. ex "Have you ever told a lie?.." etc... Violating one law makes the person a law breaker and therefore he faces God's judgment.

Diane

2005/6/30 16:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy