SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dialogue in church this morning

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re:

Tina writrs...

/// It really is like a family getting to know each other. That is what the body should look like. Just imagine being invited to a family dinner and when you walk through the door you are given a printed out itinerary and a time frame for each thing you are allowed to participate in as you sit in your rows of chairs staring at the back of your cousins head. Hogwash! The family would never bond or truly know each other. It would all be surface relationships for the most part. 

Being the body is being a family...learning to deal with each others weirdness and loving each other anyway! ///

Mark 3:33-35

He replied to them, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" Looking at those sitting in a circle around him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers!  Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother."

Should this not characterize our fellowship? Being in a circle seeing one another with Jesus at the center?  Being a spiritual family?

When I was involved in the Jesus movement. This was our fellowship. This was our church.

Blaine 

2018/5/2 18:11
noone

United States

Re:

Mark 3:33-35

He replied to them, "Who are my mother and my brothers?" Looking at those sitting in a circle around him, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother."

{{Should this not characterize our fellowship? Being in a circle seeing one another with Jesus at the center? Being a spiritual family?}}

I have never looked at that verse that way. Thank you, I look forward to sharing that insight with my friends. It definitely has a practical use, but the spiritual significance is HUGE!

2018/5/4 10:36Profile

Re:

Some great replies, I would suggest reading "Finding Church." Its a fascinating book by a man who Pastored in a church for 40 years, then left "the system."............bro Frank

2018/5/4 21:51

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy