SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : holy kiss

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

holy kiss

What kind of "holy kiss" is mentioned in the Bible? Is it a kiss on the cheeks?

I just realized how very closed like a family the saints in early church before with this passage...

"Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the saints greet you."
// 2 Corinthians 13:12-13

And, have a great Sunday to all of you :)

2018/4/28 19:11
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: holy kiss

I remember traveling to a new congregation in Germany on one of my trips, I never visited the church before so I was just curious and observing everything. When I came in and greeted a few brothers, one brother came right across the room, embraced me.

Afterwards we had great fellowship, he heard of me and knew I ran SermonIndex and was happy to have Christian Fellowship. A holy kiss is a embrace to show we have love for each other as the body of Christ. It was a wonderful experience when in a strange church you all of a sudden had such a welcoming embrace.

We are the family of God together that will be in the eternal heavens, think of that when you greet a brother or sister next time!

2018/4/28 21:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: holy kiss

Conservative Mennonites practice it - men to men, females to females. I would have to say it has become more a form, a ritual. However, even if this is the case, I do feel a bit left out when people do not greet you like this - kiss on the cheek.

Sandra

2018/5/3 20:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy