SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Using worldy methods to bring in the unsaved

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Calvary,
I think you hit the nail on the head,it has to be genuine and the genuine cant be replaced by the strategy of business applied to the church,urs staff
P.s if you have any advice or know of anyone that can be of assistance to me getting the songs im making out there id appreciate it

2018/5/5 14:40Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"I don't see music being used in evangelism in the Bible."

I would say it is. The book of Psalms is a songbook, as well as Song of Solomon, Jesus and His disciples sang hymns, as well as Moses, Hannah, Asaph, Joshua and the Israelites bringing down the walls of Jericho, the saints in Revelation, the angels etc.

Let's not forget Charles Wesley's beautiful hymns, or Martin Luther's, or Fanny Crosby's. William Booth and the Salvation Army used music in evangelism, as well as Evan Roberts in the Welsh revival. D. L. Moody had Ira Sankey, David Wilkerson had Dallas Holm, Keith Green's music is still impacting many people today. I could go on and on.

If God wants to use a musician to reach people, why in the world are we against it? Especially if you consider that Satan was probably leading worship in heaven before his fall, and now he uses music to lead multitudes astray. Look at the damage secular rock/ rap etc has done to countless lives, and tell me God is not going to counter it? We should be using our worship as a weapon against the devil.

2018/5/5 16:12Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

Drifter, none of those Biblical examples of music were evangelistic. They are devotional in nature. Big difference. They were from believers to God, not for those outside the kingdom.

I'll say it again: I don't see music being used in evangelism in the Bible. It is not there. That should tell us something. Selah moment.

2018/5/5 20:27Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Alec, the whole tenor of the bible is evangelistic.

God gives gifts to His children, and we should use every gift to try to bring the unsaved to repentance. Can you seriously tell me that not one sinner has been saved reading a Psalm or hearing some godly, Spirit filled music?

2018/5/5 20:53Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

Once more, with feeling.

There are NO examples of music being used in evangelism in the Bible. Temple music was from believers to the Lord. "Do not give to dogs what is holy." "Do not cast your pearls before swine." Psalm 137:3,4 says, "For there (Babylon) they that carried us away captive required of us a song, and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, 'Sing us one of the songs of Zion.' How shall we sing the Lord's song in a strange land?"

Show chapter & verse where music is used in evangelism in the Bible. Open challenge to all. It is not there.

2018/5/6 5:21Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

“And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord” (Psalm 40:3)

2018/5/6 6:43Profile
CalvaryCom

Greater NYC area

Re:

I like that!

But...

Where did the many hear that new song? In the Temple?

Some theologians don't take the new song literally, but figuratively, speaking of our testimony in Christ (New covenant). Either or both is fine with me.

The point I've been driving home is that there was no worship band concert on the day of Pentecost, and the apostle Paul did not have a band in tow when he cut a path across Asia Minor into Europe with the Gospel. He preached the Word with signs following.

We have more worship concerts than ever, and more apostasy than ever.

I'm a musician! Seasoned worship leader in a number of churches - and outreaches, too.

But nothing less than what Paul had will do the job now.

The world (and many Christians, sadly) is hung up on power fantasies. The success of the super-hero films, Star Wars, & Harry Potter franchise, to name a few, proves the point. A powerless church is simply not compelling. Spirit-filled preaching with signs following is the only thing that will cut through. Otherwise, the man of sin will come with his lying signs & wonders, & the world will readily accept him. That hour is close at hand.

2018/5/6 7:22Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Paul said I have become all things to all people so that by all means I might save some.Also the Holy Spirit can use any method he wants to save or quicken the dead .So if God decides he will use music to save the lost or drama who are we to say he can't.Pianos and Guitars are not mentioned in the Bible yet we use them for worship.God has said be fruitful ,can't Christian musician be fruitful so they can cause multiplication?urs staff

2018/5/6 7:31Profile
savannah

Re: It is not there

Just as the angels said, "He is not here", to those who came looking for Jesus in the tomb, it's been stated in this thread that, "It is not there".

Seek for it if you like, but, just as you'll not find Jesus in the tomb, nor will you find what you're looking for.

The only thing that we have produced are more false converts and more apostasy with our innovations.

Salvation being of the Lord, is the only reason that some have been converted. In spite of men using these things, God still saves some.

2018/5/6 13:55Profile
staff

Re:

hi Savannah,
Ur post is very vague to me could you explain what you mean clearer thanks staff

2018/5/6 14:44Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy