SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : URGENT! CALIFORNIA PUSHES BILL TO BAN THE BIBLE AND MATERIAL THAT STATES HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN !!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

/// “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:11-12

Why is this never our reaction when the world picks on us poor Christians? Why is our first reaction to wring our hands as if God has no idea what He is doing? The last time I checked, God is still on the throne— he is still in control. ///

Simple explanation Todd. Persecution was done away with in 70 AD. When we read about those who are supposedly slain for their faith in Christ. It's all fake news.

That means that those of us who are praying for the persecuted are simply wasting our breath.

But Praise God I'm not praeterist.

2018/4/25 8:46
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear, you have no idea of what you speaketh. I do not believe all prophecy was fulfilled in 70 AD. I certainly believe some prophecy was. But I also believe Jesus is yet returning and that Christians are and shall be persecuted. Didn’t Jesus say that believers will be persecuted?

2018/4/25 8:53Profile

Re:

Yup...

Remember the word I spoke to you: 'A servant is not greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours...John 15:20

Sorry bro. My cynicism creeps in after my second cup of coffee. I am encouraged you acknowledge the reality of the persecuted brethren.

2018/4/25 8:57
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

These days I am pretty cynical about the reactions of Christians to these sorts of stories (that includes me).

The early church prayed until the house was shaken; we panic and think the enemy has won or is winning. He is not winning; if he appears to be it is because the Church has let him take ground.

Further, persecution does not mean that the enemy is winning. You certainly know that Bear.

2018/4/25 9:51Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Todd

Excellent perception Todd! I totally agree 100%....Personally I thought the Bible spoke of the enemy already being defeated, but I could be wrong.

2018/4/25 13:15Profile

Re:

Matthew 5:11,12 shows us that the godly can always expect persecution & to take comfort in the imperishable eternal rewards that are forthcoming....but those verses do NOT instruct us to be callous or cynical about the sufferings of our fellow saints. We are to bear one another's burdens.

2018/4/26 7:22

Re:

/// Matthew 5:11,12 shows us that the godly can always expect persecution & to take comfort in the imperishable eternal rewards that are forthcoming....but those verses do NOT instruct us to be callous or cynical about the sufferings of our fellow saints. We are to bear one another's burdens. ///

Alec I stand guilty as charged. I used cynicism in my post but it was not directed at our persecuted brothers and sisters. My cynavism was directed toward those who say that prophecy was fulfilled in 70 AD and there is no persecution today.

Cynicism is not a good way to post. And I regret having used it.

Brother let me assure you I am not cynical when it comes to our brothers and sisters in the shadow of the cross. If you look at my thread on Andrew Brunson no cynicism was ever used in posting the updates on this dear brother's imprisonment.

I have maintained other threads where I've tried to bring the attention of our persecuted brothers and sisters to this forum. Again no cynicism was ever used in those threads.

Also I facilitate one of the few prayer calls, perhaps the only prayer call that stands in the gap praying consistently three nights a week and sometimes more for our persecuted brethren. Again no cynacism has ever used on those calls. If anything a lot of tears and hundreds of hours of prayers have gone up pleading with God for justice on behalf of his suffering elect.

I work with persecution ministries. I have spoken with those on the front lines. My faith is shallow compared to these dear brothers and sisters who have a depth of Christ and have entered into his sufferings. I am not worthy to even wash their feet in prayer.

So again brother. I am not cynical when it comes to our brothers and sisters who were in the shadow of the cross and suffering for Jesus. If anything I weep for them in my prayers and cry out for God's justice on their behalf.

Just sharing some thoughts bro.

Blaine

2018/4/26 22:50

Re:

Thank you for your reply & clarification.

2018/4/27 5:20

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy