SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : GQ editors categorize Bible as very overrated

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

GQ editors categorize Bible as very overrated

Not a article writer for GQ but the editors of GQ themselves recently published their opinion of the Bible.

"He claimed that the book he panned is “rated very highly by all the people who supposedly live by it but who in actuality have not read it.”

"Ball went on to acknowledge that “there are some good parts” in the Bible, but concluded that people “who have read it” understand that “it is certainly not the finest thing that man has ever produced.”

"The criticism grew harsher and more precise as Ball claimed it was “repetitive, self-contradictory, sententious, foolish, and even at times ill-intentioned.”

Well, my my. I don't read GQ and never have but ran across this story. This story about this book "man produced" is easy to Google.

2018/4/22 9:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: GQ editors categorize Bible as very overrated

That’s kind of like nudists criticizing GQ for its fashion sense.

2018/4/22 10:49Profile

Bible is foolish "now" for them but it sure will make sense when we die and in the up coming future...

2018/4/22 12:45
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:

"Ball went on to acknowledge that “there are some good parts” in the Bible, but concluded that people “who have read it” understand that “it is certainly not the finest thing that man has ever produced.”

I don't believe he's actually talked to people "who have read it"!!! The flesh judging the spiritual, makes me shake me head.

I sure hope every Christian who reads this (we), take this Ball guy in their secret prayer closet to pray for him, (100K Christian's praying him!!!), that God would have HIS way in Ball's life and transform him, so that He will have a new article to write to glorify Christ and His word! :)

God is faithful,
Lisa

2018/4/23 4:47Profile
leyoung

Re:

GQ is overrated.

2018/4/23 8:54Profile
havok20x

Re:

Lysa,

Good call!

2018/4/24 11:23Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Funny that they'd even bother, but the intelligentsia multiplied by the media of all kinds equals an antichrist fury in society like we've never known.

"Repetitive, self-contradictory, sententious, foolish, and ... ill-intentioned..."?

I'd expect that from GQ. Expecting them to understand it and speak well of it is, as Vance Havner said in his sermon on discernment, like trying to grab sunlight with a fish hook. They are sons of Adam and not sons of God, and do not have the equipment to see the truth.

2018/4/24 12:13Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy