SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Faithful to witness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Faithful to witness

Brethren, I think this is a timely word and something that has been on my heart lately. May it stir us to action!
Feel free to share your witnessing experiences and strategies, please.

Being Faithful to Witness
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bible Verses (RcV) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 Cor. 9:19 For though I am free from all, I have enslaved myself to all that I might gain the more. (22) ...that I might by all means save some.
Acts 26:16 But rise up and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a minister and a witness...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Words of Ministry ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ D.L. Moody was very good at leading men to salvation. He once made up his mind to preach the gospel to at least one person a day, whether or not he was giving a message on that day. One day he went to bed, and then he remembered that he had not preached the gospel to anyone yet. What should he do? He changed his clothes and went out again to look for someone he could speak to. It was already midnight when he looked at his watch; the streets were empty. Where could he find anyone at such an hour? The only person he could speak to was a policeman who was on duty: "You must believe in the Lord." The policeman was in a bad mood over something at the moment, and he scolded Moody angrily, saying, "Do you not have something better to do than persuade me to believe in Jesus in the middle of the night?" Moody went home after sharing a brief word with him. But the policeman was touched by Moody's word. A few days later he visited Moody and was saved.

We must uphold the torchlight of the gospel and must light everyone around us. Let every Christian go forth to light others. The testimony of the gospel needs to go out from us until the Lord's return. So many souls before our eyes are in need of salvation. We must try our best to testify to them and lead them to Christ.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bible verses are taken from the Recovery Version of the Bible (RcV) and Words of Ministry from Watchman Nee, Messages for Building Up New Believers, pp. 286-287. Both are published by Living Stream Ministry, Anaheim, CA. (Repeat 2/22/00)

Please visit us at www.emanna.com
Comments to: [email protected].

2018/4/20 3:22Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: Faithful to witness

I love that story. If we are obedient to the HS, he does the heavy lifting. I note that Moody did not try to argue with the man; he just told him what he had to do. That was enough for the HS to begin his work on the policeman.

2018/4/20 14:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy