SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can you answer this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
savannah

Re: To the Glory of God Alone

Exodus 4:11

And the LORD said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Or who makes him dumb or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?

John 9:2,3

And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was in order that the works of God might be displayed in him.

Romans 9:23

What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory--

An old question, which when the answer is given, explains all that is revealed of God in the Scriptures, as the above Scriptures show;

Q. What is the chief end of man?
A. To glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

As Todd posted,

Proverbs 16:4

The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

If we do not begin and end with the Glory of God being at the foundation of all creation and history, our attempts to make any sense of all of life and all events in history, will surely be an endless maze and an exercise in futility.

Soli Deo Gloria

2018/4/26 19:32Profile

my friend response...

I just want to post the answer of a man I also asked this question...

------------------------>

They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercies (Jon 2:8).

If you are following after deception or after a lie, you're only making it hard on yourself and you're only running away from that which is best for you. It is a lie to think that you know better for your own life than does God. It is a lie for you to think that you can find happiness apart from God. It is a lie for you to think that you can escape from God, or from the call of God, or from the presence of God. And for you to attempt to do so you are only bringing misery and disaster upon yourself. You're forsaking your own mercy, because God is merciful, God is loving. And whatever God has in mind for you is the very best thing that could ever happen to you, though you may not think it. God may be calling you to something, and you are trying to run. And you think, "Oh, that's the last thing I want to do. I never want to do that." And you are trying to run, because you have this fear that to do what God is calling you to do will mean such deprivation and mean all of this, and you think "Oh, I can't do that. I don't want to do that." And you are trying to run from the call of God. Really you are running from what is the very best thing that could ever happen to you. If you are running from the will of God, trying to run from the will of God.

"They that observe these lying vanities are only forsaking their own mercies." You're creating your own hell, a misery in which you are going to find yourself sitting, and the misery is of your own making, and it is come from your own foolishness in thinking that you know better than God what is good for you. And yet, haven't we all been in that position in our lives?

When I think that I know better than God what will make me happy and what is good for me. And as I look back on those instances in my life, when I was observing these lying vanities, and when I had forsaken the path that God had set before me and I thought that I could find greater happiness and greater pleasure by leaving the path of God, I look back upon those experiences today and I realize they were the most miserable experiences of my entire life. The misery that I brought to myself and brought to others when I thought I knew better than God what would make me happy. And I created a hell in which I had to live until with David I confessed my sin before the Lord and received His forgiveness and His cleansing and the blotting out and was restored in fellowship with God. Oh, to be out of fellowship with God is hell itself. That is what hell is all about. It is out of fellowship with God. And to think of being out of fellowship with God eternally is unthinkable.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"God is gracious, but when we live in pride we create our own separation from Him. Pride is what caused Satan's downfall (Isaiah 14:12-15, Ezekiel 28:12-19).

That's one of the most important ideas in The Great Divorce. We create our own separation from God. For me the more terrifying reality of hell is not fire, but separation from God for all eternity.

But we still have the ability to choose. God's grace is freely offered, if we accept it.

I hope that helps."

2018/5/9 16:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy