SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can you answer this?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Can you answer this?

Hi Saints,

Good Day! How are you doing all?

I am thinking something in my mind and I was thinking what is your thoughts about it.

GOD is all powerful and omniscient, He knows the future.

When God created Satan/Lucifer, does He not know that the angel He created will rebels against Him, will tempt Adam and Eve and will caused a cursed earth and humankind. And now the result of it is dying and hurting world, many people are in Hell now also with no escape.

My question is, if GOD is all powerful and omniscient and knows the future, why He created Lucifer/Satan if He already knew the end of His act of creating that angel?

2018/4/19 8:41
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re: Can you answer this?

Forgive me for answering with a question, but..

Why did He choose Judas?

I think the fact that God IS all powerful and omniscient (and we are not) will limit our ability to comprehend from the get-go.

I think God knew that He could still be sovereign and have his purposes fulfilled in spite of Lucifer, Judas, Antichrist etc.

It's still worthwhile to Him.

2018/4/19 10:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

That God has tolerated the presence of Satan until now demonstrates at least one indisputable fact: God has use for him, or else He would have tossed him into the lake of fire before now. If God has use for a devil, would He not be entitled to create one for His purpose?

2018/4/19 11:21Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Re:

Good thought brother!

"If God has use for a devil, would he not be entitled to create one"?

Wow brother, that is sounding very "C.S. Lewis" of you ;)

God bless you,

2018/4/19 11:58Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Maybe it's possible that If there was no devil there would be no fall of grace for mankind. If no fall then no possibility of a restoration process from God where he could have disobedient humans brought into a status of being joint heirs with Christ.
Joint Heirs with a new body incapable of disobeying and willing to love God freely
Because it also has the divine nature.

Something which he couldn't have created before hand (possibly because he doesn't want to force people to love Him). Even the devil when created, was capable of falling from grace. It never had Gods divine nature.

2018/4/19 13:47Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
by emestiu
When God created Satan/Lucifer, does He not know that the angel He created will rebels against Him, will tempt Adam and Eve and will caused a cursed earth and humankind. And now the result of it is dying and hurting world, many people are in Hell now also with no escape.

My personal belief is that He did it with the full knowledge of His own omniscience and also knowing that the evil in the hearts of men must be exposed and conquered. And that couldn't be done otherwise.

My two cents!
Lisa

2018/4/19 13:57Profile

Re:

I believe that everything God created was less than He and therefore would inevitably go wrong at some point. I believe judgement is based on revelation, whether it is the sky above, the conscience that every man has or the Word of God. Every human knows in part, therefore there is a level of ignorance factored in, even Adam would only walk with God in the cool of the day. He knew in part, he knew enough to know that God was to be obeyed, but still, even Adam did not know God in full and it is that very ignorance that gave him the opportunity for redemption. Satan knew God. He stood before the living God and when he rejected that he was rejecting God with full knowledge therefore there is no possibility of redemption.

But the initial question was about God knowing what Satan would do. I would answer that with a question. If any of us who are parents, knew beforehand that at least one or more of our children would reject us and walk away from us, would we not have children because of that? Or would the rebellious child act as a cautionary tale to the children and the grandchildren and so on.

God loves fellowship I believe. Yet in order to have real fellowship, the bargain must be struck. Free will. No free will, no true and genuine fellowship. Its our very ability to sin and to reject God that makes us real and therefore our relationship with God real. Take that away, and all you are left with is well programmed robots who will serve you because you programmed them that way. They could never love you because love cannot be programmed.......bro Frank

2018/4/19 14:35
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Sister Emestiu,

You wrote “GOD is all powerful and omniscient, He knows the future.

When God created Satan/Lucifer, does He not know that the angel He created will rebels against Him, will tempt Adam and Eve and will caused a cursed earth and humankind. ”

Just going on how you founded/framed your question- would that not also mean that God tempted Eve?

If not, how is it not?

2018/4/19 15:50Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Jn 1:3 All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created.

Rev 4:11 Our Lord and God, You are worthy to receive glory and honor and power, because You have created all things, and because of Your will they exist and were created HSB

Since God knew what would become of Satan, the Angels and Humanity before he created them, he did so in full knowledge of their outcomes and how he would interact with them in all the myriads of thoughts and actions they produce.

In our minds we look at something we did or made that turned out to be a disaster, something to be ashamed of.
(at least I have). But God in his perfect wisdom, his absolute holiness and righteousness creates what he created with purposes and plan in mind that we were not designed to comprehend or apprehend. It takes faith that God is who he says he is in the face of incomprehensible horrors and sins.
It takes faith to express the love of God in the presence of tragedy and pain.

The only way to overcome what we see in this world of sin and corruption is to look and apprehend by faith the promise of God, that we as his beloved are safe and loved in his secure grasp.

His plans and purposes will be fulfilled, he will be loved by his own beloved, he will get glory by reason of their love and obedience to him, he will get glory and renown for his righteous judgments upon men and angels.

Moral judgments about the will and purpose of Satan are not for us to make, we do not judge God, he judges us. If we believe in Jesus, we commit ourselves to a faithful creator who loved us and gave himself for us. That is sufficient.

As for love toward God, though it is not programmed it is not natural, it is the inworking of the Holy Spirit that gave us birth and made us new creations. Our love is not the product of human will, it is the product of divine indwelling coupled to human-dying-to-self. Whatever love we have toward God is his own life being lived though us. We do truly love, but not without the divine life qualifying it as "love" toward God.

2018/4/19 16:00Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I do not know why God created Lucifer knowing he knows everything from the beginning. Scripture does not tell us so we are left to speculate. Since this is the case I think we do well to leave it there - regarding it as one of the mysteries God choose to not tell us. If he thinks it is wise to not say I think we will be wise to not pursue the issue.

I know people who will work to discredit the existence of God will argue this issue. I suspect they have sin issues they want to justify, defend and if they can discredit the authority of God it will give them a sense of 'peace'.

My understanding.

Sandra

2018/4/19 17:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy