SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Erlo Stegen Condition

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jeremy221

Erlo Stegen Condition

Erlo Stegen is aging and his condition seems to be declining. I was looking at the websites of the ministries that have sprung up around the community and one stated that he was unable to attend a graduation ceremony because of his condition. In a few pictures, it is clear that he has reduced mobility and is shown either sitting while speaking or in a wheelchair. I haven’t seen any details so I’m wondering if there are any saints with knowledge of the situation who could clarify how things are going.

The Lord used Erlo Stegen in a revival among the Zulu people of South Africa in the 1960s. As a result a Christian community sprung up spontaneously in the area to meet the need of the people coming for healing and coming to meet God. You can find a selection of sermons by Erlo Stegen here on SI.

Edit: Added more details.

2018/4/19 0:17Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Erlo Stegen Condition

Yes let us keep brother Erlo in prayer as well as the community and that when he departs to the Lord that it would be a unifying of all the communities and vision for revival will continue strong.

2018/4/19 6:44Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

I contacted the community and am awaiting a reply. Last night, I was looking further at the main website and I think Erlo’s wife passed away last August and more recently an important pastor and brother.

Personally, my last remaining grandfather, Dwight Mattix, pasted away yesterday. I’m very thankful for him. He started married life by moving up to Alaska to help with an orphanage. When that didn’t work out, he continued to raise his growing family and helped found a Plymouth Brethren assembly that exists to this day. In subsequent years, he moved the family down to Seattle where he was asked to be part of the management of the Stewards Foundation which was a group of Christian owned hospitals around the US. As his children grew, they too were called into service around the world including Thailand and Laos, Ecuador, Bolivia and the Middle East. Many of my generation are also wholeheartedly serving the Lord whether as part of local bodies in the US and Canada or in South America, Africa and Asia. I am very thankful for the testimony of his life and its fruit in my own. Until very late in his life, he continued to help with local churches. Up until his health started to really decline, he regularly met with younger men to study the Word and counsil them. He died at 93 after four multi-bypass heart surgeries and untold numbers of stints. I believe that in all this the Lord sustained him so that he could finish the work God had planned for him.

Other dear person who passed away just the day before was the man who mentored and inspired my father to make the step to live abroad in the Middle East. Tom Griffith had a vision and burning passion to share Jesus Christ with the Muslim world and boldly encouraged others to step into harms way to proclaim Christ. His vision was to show Muslims the real Jesus Christ through what he wrote. In the 1970s he felt lead to go to Saudi Arabia and encouraged my father to do the same. Because Saudi is a closed country, they went in tentmaker roles and trusted the Lord to provide opportunities to share. They also served in the secret house church that flourished and grew quite large for the time. Eventually many of that generation of Christian were kicked out or lead to leave. In time this experience lead to my father’s work with the Midwest Center for World Mission in Oak Park, IL, which was a sister organization to the US Center for World Mission founded by the late Dave Winter. My “Uncle” Tom was provoking the church to righteousness at a time when the mission vogue was the tribal peoples of South America and South East Asia. Until his final days, he was faithfully working to send copies of the materials showing the real Jesus Christ to the Muslims God had put on his heart.

2018/4/19 21:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Wonderful legacy. Do you know how blessed you are?

Sandra

2018/4/20 16:16Profile
Jeremy221

Re: recent sermon by Erlo Stegen

http://www.ksb.org.za/?download=%2Fsermons%2F2018%2F2018-04-01_RevErloStegen%2F2018-04-01_ze.mp3&nocache

2018/5/8 13:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy