SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Trial of Andrew Brunson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

President Trump’s Tweet:

“Pastor Andrew Brunson, a fine gentleman and Christian leader in the United States, is on trial and being persecuted in Turkey for no reason. They call him a Spy, but I am more a Spy than he is. Hopefully he will be allowed to come home to his beautiful family where he belongs!”

2018/4/18 19:19Profile

Re: Nothing New

As of right now I have no deal updates regarding our brother Andrew Brunson. I am given to understand that he was moved back to his previous prison where he was initially interned. It was in this prison that he lost over 50 lb of his body weight. Also suffered mental and emotional turmoil.

The next schedule trial hearing for Andrew Brunson is May 7.

Despite the presence of US officials at the trial the judge refused to grant bail so that Andrew would be free from prison. Sources indicate that the judge is taking his orders from Ankara Turkey. Perhaps from the president of Turkey himself Recrp Tyup Erdogan. Those who have been observing the trial feel that the brother is caught up in the middle of Turkish politics. That Andrew is being used as a pawn to extort more political concessions from the United States. Among them the extradition of Fetulah Gullion. He is alleged to have been the Islamic cleric who orchestrated the Turkish coup in 2016. Turkey would like to get him back and try him and possibly execute him. The Sandra Bronson is being used as some type of a bargaining chip.

Against the backdrop of the politics though God has his will to be worked out. Those of us who are praying for him are seeking the mind of the Holy Spirit as to how the pray God's will regarding this brother.

Let all of us keep this brother in our prayers. Ket all of us keep the Turkish church in our prayers. Let all of us keep our persecuted brothers and sisters in the Middle East in our prayers.

I know our concern is for doctrine. I know our concern is for revival in the US. But we have brothers and sisters who are in the shadow of the cross who are suffering in the Middle East and around the world. Andrew Brunson is one such brother. Andrew Brunson is a fellow American. But more than that he is our brother in Christ. So let us please keep him and his family in our prayers.

I will continue to post updates as they become available to me.

Blaine

2018/4/19 12:25

Re: From one of my Intercessors

This is a copy from Mrs. Norine Brunson’s post on Facebook just 45 minutes ago posted:

Many of you have seen the news...

Andrew gave an excellent 6 hour long defense and answered questions clearly on Monday. The attorney did a great job and yet.... they did not lift the custody... In addition, Andrew has been moved back to the previous prison he was in, which was a crushing blow to him. He is currently in solitary confinement. Although the judge, the embassy (through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs), and even VP Pence's office followed up on requesting that he be moved back to the previous prison, it has not happened. PLEASE PRAY THAT HE BE MOVED BACK UNTIL THE NEXT HEARING, AND PRAY FOR MUCH NEEDED GRACE.  I SAW HIM TODAY AND HE IS NOT DOING WELL AT ALL.  THIS IS A PRESSING NEED!

I cannot begin to summarize his defense, but he started out saying he was a servant of Jesus Christ and that his sole purpose for being here was to make Jesus known and make disciples. The truth was spoken by Andrew and the Lord's name was glorified. Now we would like Andrew to be set free, for the cord to be untied/loosened.

In addition to Charge D'Affaires Kosnett, we had some guests from the US on Monday at the hearing:

We were so grateful to Senator Tillis (our NC senator) for flying in Sunday, attending the 12 hour hearing (plus 3 hour roundtrip commute) and flying out the next day. He had also visited Andrew in prison on March 26, which was a great encouragement.

It was also wonderful to have Ambassador Brownback (Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom) at the hearing.  

Vice President Pence called on Tuesday to give assurance of the Administration's support and efforts, and President Trump tweeted about Andrew Wednesday!

What amazing favor.

A US pastor whom we had never met was there to pray and advocate and offer to take Andrew's place in prison, no joke! He was hoping to communicate this to the judge.

All the prayer going up all over the world is also a powerful testimony to the love that exists in the family of God. Andrew feels cut off from all fellowship, yet he has never been so surrounded by the body of Christ. We are so grateful to you for pressing in on his behalf.

•••••••

My understanding is Andrew's trial lasted fir 13 Hrs. He spoke in fluent Turkish in his own defense for half of that. About 6 hours.

2018/4/19 14:26

Re:

Just learned that Andrew Brunson was moved to another prison where he may be in solitary confinement. Where is this might seem adverse actually he will be by himself. Not in a cell with 20 other people.

Please keep praying for my brother and his family.

2018/4/20 6:34

Re: US Senate Warns Samctions Against Turkey Regarding Andrew Brunson

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/senators-warn-measures-against-turkey-andrew-brunson-case-n867721

2018/4/20 14:29
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Trial of Andrew Brunson

Quote:
by bearmaster
Against the backdrop of the politics though God has his will to be worked out. Those of us who are praying for him are seeking the mind of the Holy Spirit as to how the pray God's will regarding this brother.

Andrew lived and ministered in Turkey for 23 years, imprisonment shouldn't have taken him by surprise. It shouldn't take us by surprise either.

I am praying that God sustain Andrew in his mind & body while in prison and solitary confinement, and for God to even send an angel to to encourage him (they cannot keep angels out!), not worship the angel but to worship God, the only one worthy of honor and prayer and praise!

I am praying that Andrew goes farther in faith than he has ever thought possible in this life and just like in Gen 7, God opens the "all the springs of the great deep and the floodgates of the heavens" are opened in him and over him, in the name of Jesus!

God is faithful,
Lisa

2018/4/21 8:28Profile

Re: Lysa

Thank you dear sister for keeping our brother in prayer. I will certainly incorporate your prayer points on our call.

Blaine

2018/4/22 12:08

Re: Sanctions Loom Over Defiant Turkey

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/originals/2018/04/us-sanctions-loom-defiant-turkey-erdogan-pastor.html

Blaine

2018/4/22 14:37

Re: From Norine Brunson

Many thanks to all who joined the three days of fasting and praying! Even some kids have fasted meals!

I saw Andrew today and he was doing better at the Buca prison. His prayer request to you is that he have a good witness at his next hearing on May 7.

In the meantime, we are scrambling to get some things done on the legal side. Pray for willing hearts that will move quickly.

2018/4/26 12:52

Re:Global Prayer Call for Andrew Brunson

Brothers and Sisters,

Jesus says,

Again, truly I tell you, if two of you on earth agree about any matter that you pray for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there among them."  Mat. 18:19-20

Agreement and partnership with God In prayer is  powerful. Agreement and partnership in prayer with one another is powerful.

Please join with us this weekend as we come together around the globe to intercede for our brother Andrew Brunson. Please join with us this weekend as we come together and intercede for our persecuted brothers and sisters.

Our prayers in agreement can make a difference before the throne of God.  Our brother James exhorts us that the prayer of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.  Imagine what the prayers of saints praying in agreement can accomplish.

Please share the article below. Please promote it through your social media contacts. All are invited to come and pray and see our God come down. All are invited to come and wait upon him and see him act on our behalf.

https://voiceofthepersecuted.wordpress.com/2018/04/30/ministries-invite-believers-to-unite-on-24-hour-prayer-conference-call-for-andrew-brunson/

Blaine 

2018/4/30 15:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy