SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Outer darkness for Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Keylla

Brazil

Outer darkness for Christians

And cast you the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mateus 25:30

And that servant, which knew his lord' will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Lucas 12:47

And if your right eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: for it is profitable for you that one of your members should perish, and not that your whole body should be cast into hell.
Mateus 5:29

Truly I say to you, You shall by no means come out there, till you have paid the uttermost farthing.
Mateus 5:26

But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delays his coming;
And shall begin to smite his fellow servants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looks not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Mateus 24:48-51

Is there any writer besides Whatchman Nee that teaches about a temporary *punishment for believers? He believed these texts are talking about believers for he believed once saved always saved (so do I). Some say that those verses are saying about sinners or jews not converted to Jesus and it is impossible for a believer be punished. Even they know about many that deserve it.

This temporary punishment will happen in the milenium when the Lord Jesus will reign. Diferent from many preachrs Watchman Nee believed that this punishment is not only for people will live during the mileinium but for those dead in Christ which did not conquested the kingdom by force. They were save by grace but because of negligence they will not reign with Christ and some will be more punished than others.

Would it be a new and not truthful teaching?

*being beaten, outer darkness, prison.

2018/4/12 15:41Profile

Re: Outer darkness for Christians

My sister I can't say that I'm familiar with this teaching. I'm certainly not familiar with any writers who teach a temporary punishment. I will try to do some more thinking on your question. But off the top of my mind I don't think the scriptures teach a temporary punishment.

Blaine

2018/4/12 22:40

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy