SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : War Drums and Birth Pangs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
David said...It is a bit baffling that since it is believed and said we don't know the day or the hour that we in turn pay no attention to the things we can know.

Brother David, I don't believe for one minute most Christians pay no attention to these things, I believe we all probably do, it's just we trust what the word has said, and we are not all called to be Harold Camping's. I personally have better and more important things to do with the time God has allowed me here on earth.

2018/4/15 16:23Profile

Re:

Well said David, it is baffling. Todd, I will accept that you wont answer the question in the direct fashion that it was asked. I wont enter into the pretzel like conversation that the word "elect," has been twisted into to suit a theological grid placed over Scripture in an attempt to make it comply with the theories of man. It would be like denying the word "world," means world when God says that He so loved the world. ............bro Frank

2018/4/15 16:31

Re:

But are we not call to be on the alert?

~~~ Therefore be alert, since you don't know the day your lord is coming... Mat. 24:42

Blaine

2018/4/15 16:42
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Bear, if you're are talking to me, did you really read my post? I said...

Quote:
Mr. Bill said...I don't believe for one minute most Christians pay no attention to these things.

I'll translate for you...I don't believe for one minute most Christians pay no attention to these things..."meaning most of us are on alert". I really wonder if some are so fast to draw, they don't even read the replies.. :-(

2018/4/15 16:55Profile

Re: The Drums are Getting Louder

Link too short update from Amir tTsarfati about last night's airstrike in Syria.

https://youtu.be/eDevJrLRKWU

Blaine

2018/4/30 11:47
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster
But are we not call to be on the alert?

~~~ Therefore be alert, since you don't know the day your lord is coming... Mat. 24:42

Brother,

I believe we are called to be alert to His coming. I, personally, have to be careful how "alert" I am! I can get all invested into "His coming" and studying it and now study the Scriptures for the sake of the Scriptures and my love of them. I've been there and done that, so I watch, read what you post without replying (because again, getting involved can envelope me).

But God bless you brother for us posted and letting us discern whether or not we want to get involved in the post.

Lisa

2018/4/30 13:05Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

How does this video (which I watched in full) relate to His coming? I honestly have no idea. Maybe someone can summarize it for me.

2018/4/30 14:23Profile

Re:

Isaiah 17:1. Exekiel 38 and 39 are prophecies to be fulfilled before the coming of the Lord.

Unless you believe that these prophecies were fulfilled in 70 AD.

Blaine

2018/4/30 14:26
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Deleted— thought better of it. Doesn’t matter.

2018/4/30 14:41Profile
savannah

Re: Isaiah 17:1

The Encyclopedia Britannica (11th ed):

“Tiglath-Pilesar invaded Syria, and in 732 succeed in reducing Damascus. . . Except for the abortive uprising under Sargon in 720, we hear nothing more of Damascus for a long period.”

International Standard Bible Encyclopedia:

“Damascus had now lost its political importance, and for more than two centuries we have only one or two inconsiderable references to it. It is mentioned in an inscription of Sargon (722–705 BC) as having taken part in an unsuccessful insurrection along with Hamath and Arpad. There are incidental references to it in Jer 49:23 ff and Ezek 27:18; 47:16 ff.”

Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible:

“The city’s doom was predicted by Isaiah (8:4; 17:1), Amos (1:3–5), and Jeremiah (49:23–27). Rejecting God, Ahaz of Judah turned for protection to an alliance with the Assyrians, whom he bribed with the temple treasure. The Assyrian king Tiglath-pileser III (‘Pul’) agreed and marched against the Syro-Israelite confederation. After defeating Israel he attacked Damascus, plundered the city, deported the population, and replaced them with foreigners from other captured lands. Damascus was no longer an independent city-state.”

William Smith’s Dictionary of the Bible:

“Under Ahaz it was taken by Tiglath-pileser, (2 Kings 16:7, 8, 9) the kingdom of Damascus brought to an end, and the city itself destroyed, the inhabitants being carried captive into Assyria. (2 Kings 16:9 ) comp. Isai 7:8 and Amos 1:5. Afterwards it passed successively under the dominion of the Assyrians, Babylonians, Persians, Macedonians, Romans and Saracens, and was at last captured by the Turks in 1516 A.D.”

“The conquest of Damascus by Tiglath-Pileser III (733-732 BC) is the final result of the Assyrian intervention against the anti-Assyrian coalition of Rezin of Damascus and Pekah of Israel against Ahaz of Judah. Rezin and Pekah tried to capture Jerusalem, capital city of the kingdom of Judah, but they failed (about 735–734 BC). Tiglath-Pileser III came to the aid of Ahaz of Judah, who promptly asked for the help of the Assyrian king. He finally destroyed the power of Damascus, by besieging the city, forcing king Rezin to surrender, as well as by conquering the whole region once under the control of Damascus. Rezin of Damascus died during the siege, according to the Bible (II Kings 16:9). After the conquest by Tiglath-Pileser III, Damascus was no longer the capital of the independent and rich kingdom of Aram.”

2018/4/30 19:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy