SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : War Drums and Birth Pangs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Todd, here are the Scriptures that precede that verse, and I want you to ask yourself "Did that come to pass."

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
(Mat 24:29-31)

2018/4/13 21:28
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Read the account of Josephus in regard to the heavenly signs prior to Jerusalem’s destruction. Easy to find via quick google search.

2018/4/13 21:47Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

The War Drums are beating over in Syria tonight.

2018/4/13 22:37Profile

Re:

/// The War Drums are beating over in Syria tonight. ///

Unfortunately they are brother. Unfortunately they are. May God have mercy on innocent lives that will surely be lost in this.

Also I do not rejoice in this one bit. If anything my heart is heavy as I go to prayer.

Blaine

2018/4/13 22:49

Re:

Cmon Todd, I give you Scripture and you give me Josephus? Now, if we can go back to Scripture, have the verses you read prior to verse 34 come to pass? ......bro Frank

2018/4/14 0:06
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Josephus says there were heavenly signs prior to 70ad. Do you think he was lying?

2018/4/14 0:24Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

...brothers, no matter what the signs are showing, we know we are living on the edge, right?
Closer to the coming of the Lord than ever, right?

This should motivate us to do what?

"...encourage one another to love and good works,not forsaking the assembly, encouraging one another, even more so as we see The Day approaching"

"...comfort one another with these words (regarding Christ's return)"

Encourage one another to persevere in doing good to all men.
(This hopefully includes proclaiming the Good News of salvation in Jesus Christ to the unsaved)

1 John 3 verse 2b and 3:"We know that when He is revealed we will be like Him for we will see Him as He is. AND everyone who has this HOPE purifies himself, just as Jesus is pure"

It is time, brothers, to draw near to God, personally and corporately, and continue to stir and encourage one another to be true people of God, pursuing holiness in the fear of God, consecrating ourselves to His will more and more and preparing our hearts and lives for His soon appearing

God bless,

2018/4/14 3:11Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
2 Chronicles 7:14

2018/4/14 3:27Profile

Re:

Todd, we are Christians and we are discussing Scripture, let me give you just one glaring example which you seem unwilling t engage in but rather point me to a historian and google............

"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.(Mat 24:30-31)

Todd, did Josephus or google report that all the tribes of the earth saw Jesus in the clouds of heaven with great power and great glory? Todd, did Josephus or google report that Angels came, with the sound of a trumpet and gathered together all of Gods people from the four corners of the earth? Are you seriously arguing that Josephus reported this and that I can find these events occurred by googling it?.....bro Frank

2018/4/14 9:19
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Frank there are ample, ample explanations of this which can be found with minimal effort and we have discussed it before on the forum ad nauseum.

To summarize greatly, coming on the clouds and the rest of the language Jesus uses is a common OT symbology for judgment.

So my answer to you is that yes, everything Jesus said happened at 70 AD, if you take into account the type of language Jesus was using and don't insist on hyper-literalism where the OT prophets did not expect hyper literalism using the same language and accept that Jesus was using that type of language.

2018/4/14 13:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy