SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : War Drums and Birth Pangs

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

In Matthew 24 , on the Mount of Olives, the disciples ask Jesus what the signs of the end of the world would be. Jesus first warns them not to be deceived by man. He then tells them ” Nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom and there shall be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in divers places,all these are birth pangs. Then they shall deliver you up to be afflicted and shall kill you and you shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.” (Matt 24:3-9)

In one short paragraph, the King of Kings looks down through the corridors of time and gives a sweeping lesson on what the future holds for mankind. Only God can speak like this and when He does we should be hanging on every word. What is birth pangs? If Jesus uses this example, it is definitely worth looking at and studying. Birth pangs is labor pains. In another translation the phrase ” the beginning of sorrows ,” is used. When a woman goes into labor, there are three stages.

1. Early or latent phase.
2. Active phase.
3. Transition phase.

The duration of the early phase is the longest, averaging around eight hours. The pain can be simple backache. You can still walk around, in fact that is sometimes more comfortable than sitting. Most woman spend these hours at home, or they can be checked into the hospital and sent home until labor becomes more active. Feeling of eagerness and excitement are not unusual. It is important at this stage that energy is conserved for the work of labor. Then comes the active phase. This is marked by regular contractions that become longer and stronger and closer together. When you are in active labor you will be concentrating on the task at hand and will not feel like doing anything else. Pain mediation is often given at this time.

After active labor comes the transition phase. This is the most difficult time of labor, and fortunately, this is the shortest period of time lasting from 30 minutes to two hours on average.Brothers and sisters I believe that we are in the early or latent phase of the birth pangs and are soon to shift over to the active phase. All of these phases are leading to the great tribulation. Jesus Himself said that after these phases we shall be delivered up to afflictions and we shall be killed and hated by all nations. Get ready saints, open up your spiritual eyes and see that there is a red sky in the mornings. These are the signs of the times and we should know in our spirits what the Spirit is saying to us............bro Frank

2018/4/13 19:44
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

But Frank-

What were folks saying during the Civil War? Or the Black Death decimating Europe? Or WWI and WW2? The Spanish Flu epidemic of 1917? It alone killed millions and millions of people. Believe it or not I am not scoffing. I just don't understand why now all of a sudden we are in the birth pangs and back then in the teens and 40's we weren't.

We have seen nothing even remotely close to those events. But now we are in birth pangs? Maybe, but why weren't we in birth pangs back then?

Obviously, every day that passes puts us a tad closer to the return of Jesus, but it takes no rocket scientist or prophecy to figure that out.

And these poor misguided folks (to put it nicely)- unfortunately many who claim to be Christians, saying the world will end on 4/23/18 because of an unknown and undiscovered planet Nibiro coming out of nowhere and destroying the earth concomitant with the rapture. How can intelligent people believe such idiocy?

2018/4/13 20:00Profile

Re:

Todd writes...

/// How can intelligent people believe such idiocy? ///

Because Jesus said...

~~~ For false Messiahs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders to lead astray, if possible, even the elect...Mat. 24:24 ~~~

The garbage about planet nehru is exactly that. Garbage it's a false prophecy. The prediction of the Rapture on April 24th is a false prophecy.

I cannot speak for our brother David but my guess is he was employing sarcasm as many do in this forum. Including myself.

Though I may not see eye-to-eye with David on some issues at least he does acknowledge the soon return of Jesus. And I would agree with him on the value of biblical prophecy. Particular prophecy that points to the soon return of Jesus.

I believe what David, Frank, and myself are trying to reason is that Jesus gave specific signs that would point to his soon coming. Signs that are called Birth pangs. Birth pangs that appear to be increasing in intensity in this day an hour.

For us to ignore the signs or the birth pangs is to bring great peril on ourselves.

Blaine

2018/4/13 20:22

Re: Prophesy News Update

Fast Pace 10 minute video that gives snapshot headlines of events that concern end time prophecies.

https://youtu.be/IqpQkcFOyIg

The birth pangs are increasing in frequency.

Blaine

2018/4/13 20:32
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Bear-- why don't you address the specifics of my post? Why weren't the horrific events I mentioned "birth pangs?" Why wasn't the utter destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD a birth pang?

And don't you agree that every day that passes brings us closer to Jesus's return? Why is right NOW, this point in history, the beginning of birth pangs?

And I hope David was being sarcastic. I couldn't tell. If so I apologize.

2018/4/13 20:37Profile
docs

Re:

No matter what has come before, the end time scenario is impossible without a Jewish presence in Palestine (Canaan). We are among the first Christians in nearly two thousand years to see this. We have come full circle. Things are not the same as they have always been before.

2018/4/13 20:39Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//Fast Pace 10 minute video that gives snapshot headlines of events that concern end time prophecies.//

Good grief Bear- there is nothing new under the sun. Are tensions higher now than they were during the Cuban missile crisis? Iran has always hated and threatened Israel with destruction. What else is new.

But now its a birth pang. Whatever!

2018/4/13 20:40Profile

Re:

Todd, if you read Matt 24, the whole chapter, most of your questions will be answered. There is a context to the phrase birth pangs and it is Matt 24.......bro Frank

PS, I agree with your comments about this comets and dates certain. It is clear from Matt 24 that the great persecution must come first and that has not started yet in earnest, there has been plenty of persecution in the last 100 years, in fact it has some of the largest numbers of martyrs to date, but it has been regional and not worldwide.

2018/4/13 20:50
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I can’t get past vs 34.

2018/4/13 21:15Profile

Re: And So it Begins.......

US News and World report as of 5 minutes ago reports that precision airstrikes are now underway by US in Syria.

Blaine

2018/4/13 21:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy