SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "In Awe of Thy Word" by Riplinger

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ReceivedText

Seattle, Washington, USA

"In Awe of Thy Word" by Riplinger

Just wanted to pass on a recommendation of a book that has been powerful in my life as of late. It is "In Awe of Thy Word" by Riplinger. You can review it at Chick Publications website:

http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0284.asp

The second half of this over 1,100 page book is what has really blessed me the most. (I haven't even read the first half completely) If you are a history buff, this book will fascinate you. Riplinger traces the English Bible from Acts 2 until today's English Bible. I think this book is a must have for any student of the Bible.

Be blessed,

RT

2005/6/28 21:49Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: "In Awe of Thy Word" by Riplinger

Gail Riplinger is a really nice lady. I assumed (wrongly) that she would be a stoic kind of figure. I watched New Age Bible Versions video, and was surprised by a few things. One, she use to laugh at the KJV issue. Two, she was very meek, and didn't condemn the translators of newer versions. She just said they were trying to "steady the ark." Three, she wasn't forceful of the issue, she just wanted to speak the truth. Seems like an ordinary, intelligent lady that was transformed by an all powerful God. She gives all the credit to God as well.

2005/7/2 0:26Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

"In Awe of Thy Word" by Riplinger

Yes, the Prof Riplinger has a very nice manner. Thanks for the note of this book. She has a website called avpublications on the net.
In Jesus,
.A.
:-P

2005/7/2 0:43Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: "In Awe of Thy Word" by Riplinger

Hi there been surfing the forums, and decided to come home to base, anyone got any mp3 audio or video stuff of Professor Gail Riplinger, I have read Edward F. Hill and a few others but this seems like one really informed and enlightened induvidual.

Pretty please?
:-P

2005/9/16 12:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy