SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Wretched Radio and TV

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Wretched Radio and TV

Has anyone listened to these radio programs or seen any of these TV programs? I don't have a television but have seen some of the shows and comments on the web. It may just be me but I get a feeling of unease when listening to the comments and more especially the attitudes behind them. The show or ministry is based on a strong cessationist view but it seems they are there just to go after people. Which may not be bad in all cases but something (maybe their hardline cessationist view) just seems out of kilter. It seems that if you are even friends with anyone they disagree with that they label you and put you in a unhealthy category. Is it just me? Has anyone heard or seen these shows?

2018/4/7 21:40Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Wretched Radio and TV

Ive watched Todd Friel many times. I have enjoyed the show and gained much from it. When it comes to his cessationist views, (because he is closely associated with Mcarthur and other cessastionist), he in like manner takes a hard-line stance against continuationism.

I for one, watch a good wood-working video right about then.

Todd has a great way to dealing with contemporary issues and does a great job in many respect.

Keep the baby, toss the bath water my friend.

2018/4/8 1:23Profile
savannah

Re: Wretched Radio and TV

"Has anyone listened to these radio programs or seen any of these TV programs?"

Yes. Todd Friel is ministering to many. He evangelizes at universities and on the streets. He does alot of ministry alongside Ray Comfort as they're very good friends.

He's got a heart for the lost, as well as for God's people.

I appreciate his ministry.

2018/4/8 10:57Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

Todd Friel is basically a clone of John MacArthur. I will never forget how Todd played a clip of John MacArthur discussing the incident of Ananias and Sapphira. Boy, the highly strained interpretation of that passage of scripture was unique to say the least. I have never heard anyone come up with that sort of teaching using that passage of scripture in my life. This was discussed here on SI in this thread:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=59231&forum=35&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

Edit: the link to the podcast in the above thread no longer works. It is to be found here:

https://www.wretched.org/04042017-2/

He plays MacArthur's teaching at the 48:51 mark.

-Daniel

2018/4/8 12:24Profile
docs

"Dangerous" Dr. Michael Brown responds to Wretched accusations

Quite an eye opening 12 minutes of comments as Dr. Brown responds to what seems to be basically false accusations. I really didn't realize I don't think the extent to which these types of things are still going on in the body of Christ.

https://askdrbrown.org/library/dangerous-dr-brown-responds-todd-friel-and-phil-johnson

2018/4/8 14:10Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: "Dangerous" Dr. Michael Brown responds to Wretched accusations

Todd Friel, John MacArthur, and Phil Johnson all have one thing in common. They are all Cessationists, and anyone that opposes their false beliefs concerning the Charismatic gifts are demonized by them. They have no interest in the unity of the Spirit, and one thing that they have got right is that Michael Brown is a dangerous man, because he is a threat to them and the lies and false accusations that they have made against true brothers and sisters in Christ.

2018/4/9 7:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy