Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Word Is Meant To Be Spoken

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

The Word Is Meant To Be Spoken

How do you get saved? Notice in Romans 10:10 you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth. So, unless you followed that process you are not saved. Notice, that word confess means to say the same thing. So, you have to believe something from the word and say it to be saved. But, not just saved as in born again because that word saved if you look in the Strong's Concordance means healing, deliverance, preservation, do well. Notice, all those things are connected to your mouth(words). And The Bible shows that for Proverbs 12:6&18 says, "The mouth of the upright shall deliver them" and "The tongue of the wise is health(healing)." And Proverbs 14:3 says, "The lips of the wise shall preserve them." All those things are tied to your words so your words are very important. Especially when they are in line with God's word.

Your words are suppose to be doing something and they will be either for you or against you. Jesus said you will give account for every idle word you speak in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified or condemned (Matt. 12:36,37). That word idle is tranlated non working. So, your words are suppose to be working. Whether you know it or not your words are producing in your life either for good or bad. Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." Notice, there's fruit that comes by the words of your mouth. Now, I see why God told Joshua, "This book of the law shall not depart out of your mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." All those that label things prosperity gospel did you notice God gave him the instructions on how to prosper. So, if God tells you how to prosper why is it such a dirty word. Especially when the word says God has pleasure in the prosperity of his servants (Psalm 35:27). You don't have to look far to know it's God's will when in the very first book of the Bible in the very first chapter when God made man He blessed him to prosper.

Well back to Joshua, doesn't that agree with Proverbs 18:21 that says you will eat the fruit of your lips. His words(by God's words) was making his way prosperous. After all God says, "I create the fruit of the lips." Well, it's his word that's doing the producing like He said in Isaiah 55:11, My word shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. How does God's word get returned to him when you speak it. In fact, the Bible speaks of those that don't speak the word, "If they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Because Psalm 119:130 says, "The entrance of thy word giveth light." And Jesus said, "But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart", so you speak according to what is in you. So, according to the scriptures people that are against speaking the word it's because the word is not in them. But, the word is meant to be spoken.

2018/3/14 15:31Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: The Word Is Meant To Be Spoken

Franklin:

A few things.

I gave the benefit of the doubt in terms of W.O.F teaching. I see more W.O.F. teaching now in terms of confessions, prosperity and word-working.

The Isa 8 quote is improper usage of that text. 8:20 is concerning Israel's relation to God, its to his covenant, and to his name and to his word they are bound. When the spiritists speak from their own spirit, they lead the people of God away from their covenant and their God. Their "speaking" is in reference to that, not as you use it in terms of making audible references to verses.

There is a limited sense in which what you are saying can be true. But, there are other things that must be understood of God, and this kind of teaching poisons the truth of scripture with false expectations and confusion about God's working in our lives.

Will you confess your way out of all sickness? Will you confess your way out of all discipline from God? Will you confess your way out of persecutions and distress that will come upon you and others? Will you work the word or is the word working in you to realize what you want may not at all be what God wants or will give.

You may want prosperity in all things and quote verses to obtain them, but you will in reality be resisting the Spirit of God, where the 'supposed' prosperity you desire is never to be given? Or, it may be in forms you do not desire?

All of this is very good if you live your life thinking that your plans, your ideas, your goals, your dreams and your needs are what consummates your salvation. Truth is, Salvation in Christ is the opposite, it is the surrender of all of those things.

This is prosperity teaching and it is no gospel because the gospel is designed to free men from the rat-race and human desires to covet all that the world loves. This teaching is geared toward silencing the Spirit of God and his guiding in our life and replacing it with you using God as the means to our own ends. This is anathema, it is accursed it is every bit as false as a direct denial of Jesus Christ.

I'm sure you will draw away some to sympathize with your posting, I for one refuse it.

2018/3/14 16:56Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

I do agree with Marvin that in the WOF movement the Word of God was twisted by some of the primary teachers to claim prosperity and success outside of the will of God.

I also agree with Franklin that the Word of God has much to say about the confession that is coming out of our mouths, and we should never be afraid to confess and proclaim the promises that are in the Word of God in accordance with the will of God. "For all the promises of God are "Yes" in Christ. And so through Him, our "Amen" is spoken to the glory of God."
(2 Corinthians 1:20).

We must embrace all of the Word of God, both the positive and the negative, and not just those scriptures that are pleasing to us.

The cross of Christ and dying to self are just as much a part of the Word as the blessings of God to the believer, and we don't have to settle for one or the other, we should have both.

I became involved in the WOF teachings way back in the early 70's when we were searching out the truth of the Word of God before the erroneous teachings came into existence. I also broke away from these false teachings, but I held on to the truths that I learned that were in line with the Word of God. I also followed after teachers that embraced the whole council of God and were balanced, discerning the false teachings, while not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Kenneth Hagin, in the last years of his life, had a meeting with many of the well known WOF teachers in Tulsa, and the meeting turned out to be a rebuke of many of the unbalanced teachings that were being taught.

2018/3/16 9:33Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

As Brother Marvin has made reference to concerning WOF teaching, that we have been preoccupied with using God to get our own needs met, self centered, when we should be pursuing God, seeking His Kingdom, purpose and will. If we would put God first in all things, then we would see that He is taking care of all of our needs. Trials are promised us, and we can praise Him that He is with us through all of our troubles, and even uses them to increase our endurance so that we would be perfect and entire wanting nothing.

"For the pagans pursue all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Today has enough trouble of its own.…" (Matthew 6:32-34)

2018/3/16 19:30Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Kenneth Hagin was no man of God. Here is a clip of him laughing and hissing like a snake, and people falling over and having what looks to me like seizures:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7A_1JuHLHs
Does this look like it's of God?

David Wilkerson mentioned this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvoAGEZf-nI

I'm not condemning anyone, but please, brothers, use your discernment and compare the teachings of these men with what scripture says (and not just a few selected verses).

Also, I ask Franklin; what about someone that is dumb and cannot speak? I read about a missionary named Jock Purves relate a story about preaching to a group of people in Tibet, and all but one left. The one that came back day after day was unable to speak. The missionary used pictures to show this man the gospel, and he was gloriously saved. Obviously this man couldn't make positive confession or "name it and claim it".

I agree with Wilkerson; the prosperity gospel is demonic, not of God, but it is another gospel Paul warned about in 1 Timothy chapter 6.

2018/3/17 0:20Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: The Word Is Meant To Be Spoken

Dear brother,
You start your post by saying: “How do you get saved? Notice in Romans 10:10 you believe with your heart and confess with your mouth. So, unless you followed that process you are not saved.”

Herein lies part of the problem. Seeing this as a process, or a certain way of doing things.

The “Word of faith” which we preach, according to Paul, is related to the good news of Jesus Christ, Who He is and what He has done for us. When he writes about it it is specifically concerned with the preaching of the gospel, the hearing of the gospel and our response to the gospel (If we believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead and confess with our mouths that He is Lord, we will be saved)

It is not written to become the foundation for a whole general teaching on the power of our confession of general promises and words taken from the scriptures, but standing alone and separate from the centrality of Jesus Christ and what He has already accomplished on our behalf.

I, for one, am so glad that my Heavenly Father takes care of me and fulfills His promises in my life, not because I confess a whole paragraph of stand alone scriptures every day and try to speak these things into existence (as though I could) but simply because I am His child and have received the greatest gift He has given to the world, His Son Jesus Christ.

“Every promise of God is Yes and Amen IN Jesus Christ”

So if you truly HAVE Christ you HAVE all things!
What can we add to this, dear brother?
What can we do to add to the great work of salvation He has freely given us?

Our faith, our praise, our thangsgiving, our surrendered and consecrated hearts.

The confession most valuable and precious, which holds the promise of Eternal Life, is simply this:
“I confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, my Savior and that He is Lord”
This is the confession we hold fast and must continue to hold fast, against all opposition, enduring to the end.

Blessings,

2018/3/17 3:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy