Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Way of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Way of God

“Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)

In our quest to be a success, we often are looking for a formula of success. We are looking for methods on how to be successful. Surely there are an abundance of teachers in the Christian Church that will tell you that these success principles will work for anyone, saved or unsaved, whether it be building a successful church or business, if you will but follow steps 1-10 of this formula, you will be a success.

But we must ask the question, is what works in the business world the way of the Lord for the child of God or for the Church?

Jesus has said that “I am the way”. The way to God is through Jesus, and the way of God is Jesus.
“See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.

For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.” (Colossians 2:8,9)

Success in the eyes of the world is not the same as the way that God sees it. For God did not give us a success formula, but He gave us His Son, and Now Christ is living in us, and He has become our way, our truth, and our life.

2018/3/14 5:11Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re: The Way of God

//But we must ask the question, is what works in the business world the way of the Lord for the child of God or for the Church?//

Unfortunately this is rampant in our churches. About a year ago we felt compelled to leave a church over this issue. The worldly marketing methods became so over the top that I could not stomach it.

2018/3/14 7:18Profile
dohzman

Re: The Way of God

That is a really difficult proposition because business done by the book, ie Bible is the same as church done by the book,ie. Bible, the results may be vastly different and the measure of success can only be judged by God in terms of the obedience He sees in His child and what The Father wants to accomplish in the heart and life of those who will employ His principles in the doing part of either.

Not sure if that makes any sense to anyone. I know His Word is living and powerful and unfortunately there are those who misuse it for gain, both in the church as well as in business,a gain they consume on thier own lusts. I have often wondered why The
Lord puts up with the tares, except maybe the destruction of them would harm the wheat also?
Tough topic

2018/3/15 21:34Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy