SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The gospel of salvation versus the false gospel of the kingdom!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

The gospel of salvation versus the false gospel of the kingdom!

Galatians 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)

2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:

3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,

4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

The Church has largely replaced the gospel of the Kingdom with the gospel of salvation. The gospel of salvation is focused on getting people saved and going to Heaven. The beauty of that message makes it very easy to miss the fact that it is only a part of the whole message that Jesus gave us. The gospel of the Kingdom is focused on the transformation of lives, cities, and nations, bringing the reality of Heaven to earth. We must not confuse our destiny with our assignment. Heaven is my destiny, while bringing the Kingdom is my assignment. The focus of the Kingdom message is the rightful dominion of God over everything.

Johnson, Bill. Jesus Christ is Perfect Theology (p. 22). Destiny Image Publishers. Kindle Edition.

A common phrase that is being battered around the church is the notion of the aspect of the Gospel of the Kingdom, In galations 1 Paul says if any man preach any other gospel let him be accursed!

The Gospel of Kingdom uses the Seven Mountain Mandate

Invading Babylon: The 7 Mountain Mandate
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Invading-Babylon-7-Mountain-Mandate-ebook/dp/B00DY0GD3Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&
qid=1520716870&sr=8-1&keywords=invading+babylon

The whole of the gospel of the kingdom is to influence the 7
mountains

1) Education
2) Religion
3) Family
4) Business
5) Government/Military
6) Arts/Entertainment
7) Media

This is so far away from scripture as Paul says

1 Corinthians 1:23
But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

It does not say

1 Peter 2:7-8
7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made* the head of the corner,
8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto* also they were appointed.

The whole horrific thing is that we try to influence people enough and that they come to church because of my influence and that the world be fully christianized and then Jesus will return.

That is not biblical

2 Thessalonians 2

The Great Apostasy

2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin[b] is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

The bible talks that there will be a great apostasy before Jesus returns, the bible does not talk about us influence Governments but persecution it does talk that the Gospel shall go into the Ends of the Earth but not the Seven Mountain Mandate !

Matthew 24
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

It talks about persecution in all nations, and that the gospel will go to all nations not the seven mountain mandate!

Paul is so virulant if any man preach any other gospel let him be accursed !

2018/3/10 16:40Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The gospel of salvation versus the false gospel of the kingdom!

Dominic, you are like the man with a beam in his eye. You are so eager to expose what in your own mind is heresy that you are blind to what is true.

2018/3/11 23:09Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

hi Dom: maybe your confusing Dominion theology taught by some with 'gospel of the kingdom'?

Without trying to confuse matters, when the gospel of Christ is preached and received, those who live it out
effect changes in all those areas (the 7 mentioned in the book).
When youre a Christian you want education to reflect a knowledge of God and scripture?
When your Christian you want to effect changes in all areas of your world to the glory of Christ. Business, arts, education, media...that all could use a good dose of Christian perspective.

If I understand this right, this is not meant as simply moral reform, where some 'christianization' of culture is done to create a Christian-culture. This has it's good and bad...but that's another topic.

Ray Edwards wrote on it, I've not read the book, Ive not done any research but just a cursory look-over.
Here's what he said.
http://rayedwards.com/the-seven-mountains/

2018/3/12 16:05Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Yeah brother Marvin, I was thinking the same thing- I suppose on the surface they are easily confused.

Here’s what Jesus says;

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Seems pretty straightforward-

2018/3/12 23:20Profile
rbanks

Re:

Question: "What is the seven mountain mandate, and is it biblical?"

Answer: The seven mountain (7-M) mandate or the seven mountain prophecy is an anti-biblical and damaging movement that has gained a following in some Charismatic and Pentecostal churches. Those who follow the seven mountain mandate believe that, in order for Christ to return to earth, the church must take control of the seven major spheres of influence in society for the glory of Christ. Once the world has been made subject to the kingdom of God, Jesus will return and rule the world.

Here are the seven mountains, according to the seven mountain mandate: 1) Education 2) Religion 3) Family 4) Business 5) Government/Military 6) Arts/Entertainment 7) Media

These seven sectors of society are thought to mold the way everyone thinks and behaves. So, to tackle societal change, these seven “mountains” must be transformed. The mountains are also referred to as “pillars,” “shapers,” “molders,” and “spheres.” Those who follow the seven mountain mandate speak of “occupying” the mountains, “invading” the culture, and “transforming” society.

The seven mountain mandate has its roots in dominion theology, which started in the early 1970s with a goal of “taking dominion” of the earth, twisting Genesis 1:28 to include a mandate for Christians to control civil affairs and all other aspects of society. The New Apostolic Reformation, with its self-appointed prophets and apostles, has also influenced the seven mountain movement, lending dreams and visions and other extra-biblical revelations to the mandate.

The seven mountain mandate says that it is the duty of all Christians to create a worldwide kingdom for the glory of Christ. Teachers in the movement use Isaiah 2:2, which mentions mountains, in an attempt to support their view: “In the last days the mountain of the LORD’s temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.” The principal goal of dominion theology and the seven mountain mandate is political and religious domination of the world through the implementation of the moral laws—and subsequent punishments—of the Old Testament.

Lance P. Wallnau coined the term seven mountain mandate and is its most prominent teacher. Wallnau adapts the missionary mandate of Jesus to His disciples to “go and make disciples” of all the nations into a mandate to effect social transformation. He reasons that, since churches already have a presence in every nation in the world, we need to now concentrate on influencing the systems (the “mountains”) within these nations. The problem, according to Wallnau, is that Christians are not currently influencing society outside the church. Christians have left the mountains susceptible to the “gates of hell,” which are spiritual portals over the “kings” (influence-shapers) of those mountains.

Wallnau’s teaching is loosely based on the Abrahamic Covenant, which promised Abraham a seed and a lasting inheritance. Also, Israel was promised in Deuteronomy 28:12–14 to be the “head and not the tail” among the nations. Proponents of the seven mountain mandate infer that the church, not Israel, is the entity to claim that promise. It is now up to believers to move in proximity to the “gates of hell” and position themselves to exert the greatest amount of influence. The church then needs to be dissected into “micro components” and infiltrate the mountains. Since every Christian can’t position himself at the top of every mountain, each individual is to find his particular smaller peak and be a leader in that realm.

The leading edge of the seven mountain mandate is the New Apostolic Reformation, which teaches that the church of the 21st century will be ruled by apostles and prophets. The movement is not governed by a specific denomination but by the alleged apostles and prophets who, of course, claim to receive direct revelation from God. In lending credence to modern-day prophets and apostles, the NAR denigrates the Bible and sola scriptura, emphasizes experience-oriented theology, and promotes mysticism.

The NAR and proponents of the seven mountain mandate have abandoned biblical teaching on the end times, choosing to believe that Christians must set the stage for Jesus’ second coming by achieving dominion over the world’s systems. According to 7-M theology, Jesus will only return to a world that mirrors the kingdom of God. This idea parallels the New Age teaching that anticipates a cosmic spiritual shift when man becomes a co-redeemer of Planet Earth.

Christians are called to be lights in the world (Matthew 5:14). There is no biblical requirement, however, to take the helm of all the world systems in order to usher in Christ’s kingdom. The Bible says that the world will grow worse, not better, in the last days (2 Timothy 3:1, 13; 2 Peter 3:3).

The theology associated with the seven mountain mandate is dangerous, and it sheds a terribly negative light on Christians everywhere. The 7-M teaching puts a tremendous burden on believers to perform, make progress in their relative spheres of influence, and set the stage for Jesus’ return to earth—all without a definite end point. Little emphasis is placed on the gospel message of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ; the movement is more about staking claims and taking control. The seven mountain mandate is a movement led by false prophets, and it should be avoided and exposed whenever Bible-believing Christians encounter it.

© Copyright 2002-2018 Got Questions Ministries.
www.GotQuestions.org

2018/3/13 22:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

While I have heard of the 7 mountain idea I had never heard it presented in an eschatological sense. When I heard it it was simply the idea that Christians should be influencing culture and not vice versa. I am not saying that the proponents don’t have eschatology in mind- just that I personally had not heard that before. Obviously I would not agree with that aspect.

However, if you take the eschatology out of it I see nothing wrong with the idea that Christianity should be invading those 7 areas like yeast.

2018/3/14 7:30Profile

©2002-2018 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy