SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Speaking The Word Brings Increase

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

Speaking The Word Brings Increase

Speaking the word of God brings increase in every area of your life. When you understand the process God has supplied you with to receive whatever you may need in this life you will have a greater appreciation of the word of God. 2Peter 1:3 says, God has given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness. How has God given us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, by his word. The process of receiving what God has given us by his word is found in Mark 4:26-28 it operates on the principle of sowing and reaping. Your spirit is the soil, in the parable of the sower in Mark 4 in verse 15 it says the word is sown in the heart/spirit. The word of God is the seed. And the word of God is also the water by which you water the seed. In 1Corinthians 3:6,7 notice it says, "I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase." So, hearing the word is both planting and watering. The first time you hear is planting and all other times is watering.

Notice what God told Joshua in Joshua 1:8, "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that though mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success." Notice how you have success and make your way prosperous, by keeping the word in your mouth. Need healing plant and water the seed of God's word for your healing. Proverbs 4:20-23 says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear(including your mouth) unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." That word health is translated as medicine, remedy, cure. See the process, incline thine ear(which would have to include your mouth), let them not depart from thine eyes, keep them in the midst of thine heart-in other words plant and water the seed. For the healing you need is in the seed. Every seed has the fruit of itself in it.

So, when you see what God has said about your healing you speak(plant) that. Now, I know people have a lot of negative things to say about speaking the word, but the word speaks of those that don't believe in speaking the word. In Isaiah 8:20 it says, "If they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." So, God expects you to speak the word. For it is the water which makes the seed yield it's fruit. In Isaiah 55:10,11 God says, "For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

In 1Corinthians 3:9 it says, "You are God's husbandry", that word husbandry means farm. God wants his seeds planted in your spirit. God wants you to reap a harvest of success, prosperity, healing, but you have to follow the process. As in Hebrews 10:23, "Let us hold fast the profession(confession) of our faith without wavering." See, when you believe the word you can't help but speak it. As 1Corinthians 4:13 says, "We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed , and therefore have I spoken; we also believe and therefore speak." The thing you need is in the seed and you bring it forth. You as God's farm causes the seed to yield it's fruit. When the word is in you and you speak it forth it comes out and becomes the thing you need. In other words it becomes like Jesus the word made flesh. Like Jesus said in Luke 6:45, "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh."

And let me just tell you the process does work in the area of healing, I know it worked for me. When I found out about the process I put it into action. When something hit my body I went and found out what God said and all through the day I kept it in my ears(by my mouth), I kept it in my eyes, and I kept it in the midst of my heart(spirit). And in a matter of time I reaped my harvest of healing. Just like it worked for me it will work for you. Let's just look at the characteristics of a seed-1. A seed does not discriminate, it works the same for anyone. 2. A seed has the inherant ability to produce something. 3. Every seed has the fruit of itself in it, in other words a rose seed has roses in it, an apple seed has apples in it. And God's word being seed has to have the fruit of itself in it. And the seed let's you know what is in it. God's word of healing is healing seed and therefore has the fruit of healing in it. So when you follow the process you put the ability of the seed to work. And the seed is powerful. Now think about this for a moment, in the natural God put his power in seed form. In Genesis 1 it says that God said, "Let the earth bring forth ..... and all the trees, grass, and herbs came forth. But, now God doesn't have to say let the earth bring forth you just take the seed and put it in the ground and the thing in a matter of time will come forth. Well, that's the same thing He did in the spiritual, his word is spiritual seed and according to Romans 1:16 the word of God is the power of God.

You have to speak in line with God's word if you want to see God's word manifested in your life. In Isaiah 53:5 it says, "The chastisement of our peace was upon him and with his stripes we are healed." 1Peter 2:24 says, "By whose stripes ye were healed." Galatians 3:13 says, "Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law." Notice in Romans 10:10 it says, "With the mouth confession is made unto salvation." There are 2 key words in that verse one is confession which means to say the same thing and the other word is salvation which is translated as healing, deliverance, preservation, soundness. So, what you say is important. All of those things come by what you say. And the Bible tells you that, Proverbs 12:6 says, "The mouth of the upright shall deliver them", Proverbs 14:3 says, "The lips of the wise shall preserve them, Proverbs 12:18 says, "The tongue of the wise is health(medicine)." So, what you receive from God is going to be in line with what you speak.

2018/3/6 0:00Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Speaking The Word Brings Increase

This really sounds like word faith/ prosperity.

2018/3/6 6:34Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

“This really sounds like word faith/ prosperity”

This sounds like teaching right out of the Word of God to me. If you can find anything in this teaching that is unscriptural, please state your case. Jesus taught us that the seed is the Word, and that the Word sown in good ground will bring forth much fruit. Also, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

The Power of Proclamation - Derek Prince
https://youtu.be/BFNLsZz_DRw

2018/3/6 8:26Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Speaking The Word Brings Increase

Brothers,

Unfortunately I must agree with brother Nigel here.

I was trained as a young believer in the whole Word of faith movement and by no means deny there was some solid teaching and good principles taught, however their teaching does not line up with the whole of scripture in context and especially not with the epistles, written by the apostles, the chosen and called disciples personally taught by Jesus.

Look at the fruit / teaching of most of the movements leaders today. Are they not fraught with error?

Most of the scriptures in the OP are taken from parts of passages that, when read as a whole, mean something different.

If you read Romans 10, for example, you will see it is about the preaching of the gospel, the word being the message of Jesus Christ and the confession being the great confession that Jesus Christ is Lord.

I could go on but won't.

All I ask is that we expound the bible in a gospel centered, Christ centered manner, as exemplified by the epistles.

I always say:" If it was good enough for the apostles it is good enough for me."

We must not add to or divide the scriptures to suit our favorite doctrine but interpret it in context and receive the message as it was written, as a whole.

God bless,

2018/3/6 14:41Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Brother William,

There is no debate that many in the Word of faith movement got off into error especially along the lines of the prosperity message, but what about the article that was set forth in the post that was labeled as Word of faith teaching, where is the error in this particular message?

If you listen to the teaching by Derek Prince on “Proclamation of the Word”, it sounds like Word of faith, doesn’t it? Yet it has nothing to do with WOF Movement, but has everything to do with the scriptural basis of the proclamation of the promises of God to effect change in our own personal lives, and in a broader sense to bring about change in our regions and even nations. We are merely agreeing with what God says, and declaring what He says.

2018/3/6 15:09Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

When I read the post red flags were waving.

Mike is absolutely right to pull back on the reigns so that we do not negate the word of God by anathematizing everything that resembles the falsehood within W.O.F.

Who disagrees that the word of God is to be quoted, believed, adhered to over and above our feelings, fears and sufferings? I'd say no one. People want and need healing and it comes by way of the word mixed with faith, there is no error in such teaching.

But word of faith is not "just the word". If you read Franklins post it carries all the tell-tale signs of W.O.F teaching.

First off, to be very clear, this not in anyway to be construed as an attack upon belief in healing, confessing the word of God or Franklin himself. It is also not another tedious rant against W.O.F. I've written plenty of those.

What I wanted to bring to your attention is how the faith/healing/confession is said to operate.

If you read Franklins post, you will notice that the believer is assumed to handle the word of God, promises of God, faith and confession all very autonomously.
The idea behind such vernacular is that we operate with the tools God has given us, these tools function for us as a hammer in our hands, or a saw or something under our direct control.
It is the introduction of this autonomy from the outset that has sabotaged W.O.F. teaching from its inception.
It is this element that poisons the whole mixture.

Without going into a very long post, suffice it to say, the resulting 'autonomous acting of the believer' removes him from the necessary relational aspects of genuine Christianity in order to bring the Christian to act upon mere principle/law. All of W.O.F. works this way. Because of this, the terrible doctrinal errors and errors in practice begin to manifest. God is no longer guiding, he is simply validating the desires and needs of the believer. God is not able to say No, to anything, but all "no" is confined to the devil. A distortion of the person of God, a distortion of the working of the devil and a Christian not learning how to relate to God in all areas of their life result.

The issue then is not "believing to be healed", the issue becomes "how the healing is affected?" Genuine Christianity teaches our healing, deliverance and blessing are all relational. With W.O.F. it is all principle, law, confession, autonomous action, self-will, personal desire.
When you overlay all the above with biblical vernacular it hides the true intent of our adversary...keep the Christian away from truly knowing God as God is, by using the word of God to serve human self-will. The Sheep coat is a 'man of faith and power', the wolf underneath is 'a self-willed man using God to acquire what he wants for his own kingdom'.

2018/3/6 16:14Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

I wasn't trying to be offensive or contentious. It's just that the article sounded like a classic word faith/ prosperity teaching to me. My problem is that in word faith words are given an almost metaphysical power, and an intimate relationship with Jesus takes a back seat to things (even if they are good things like healing etc.)

2018/3/6 21:11Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you Abideinhim for taking the time to read this article, I'm glad someone got the message intended.

2018/3/6 21:56Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re:

Hello FranklinB:

I read your post 3 times and I considered what you said very carefully.

This is a discussion board and at times some posts are scrutinized more than others, I did so with yours.

If you take issue, please reply.

I took the time to note the vernacular used and as it stands can easily be assimilated into any motivational speaker, Church of Christ Scientist and probably others.

Why? Because your description of obtaining what you need is based solely on 'working the word' as W.O.F. say it. You don't need Jesus for any thing you've said, you only need a metaphysical connection, not a God-given relationship with Jesus Christ.

Please receive this in the spirit it is intended, I'm simply remarking that such teachings put man in the place of God, where instead of God's relating to us via Christ and the covenant, God seems to simply be the 'operative force' used to fulfill the need.

My intention is not to question your sincerity or intent, I read that you were healed and God be thanked for that.

Brother, do you attend a W.O.F Church?

2018/3/6 22:50Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Thank you gloryandgrace for taking the time to read this article. What is this so called "Word of faith. And I would never suggest that you don't need Jesus. Because without him you can do nothing. Thank You!

2018/3/8 22:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy